Insertable brass lock jammed

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by firelight, Feb 4, 2020.

1. firelight

firelight Member

UK, Herts
    Local Time:
    4:35 PM
    I have a device with a brass inertable barrel- the key causes the pin at the end to rotate to the right and the key can then be withdrawn- it's the same kind of lock as the HT2. The end pin refuses to rotate back in line with the rest of the brass ridge to allow it to be withdrawn. And before there are too many suppressed giggles, I was testing the locks with the device off! Luckily!

Any ideas on how to fix this? If I can get it out i have a spare lock or two. I have tried lubricating oil. The end pin turns but stops 2 or 3 mm too short from alignment. Any locksmiths or engineers out there?

Just telling me the correct name of this type of lock would allow me to look it up but I can't find any videos or instructions without knowing the corect name. Help please!

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  2. pokekey

pokekey Long term member

United States, upper left part
    Local Time:
    9:35 AM
    They are cylinder locks made by Burg Wachter. They were original designed to insert into old cabnet lock key way to make the lock actually secure.

https://www.burg.biz/international/p/locks-and-bolts/e7me/

(There are different sizes - this may not be the sized commonly used on CD)

these locks are also made in China. The Burg Wachter lock keys will have their name on the key and the Chinese will not.

Ransom and Peter Rabbit like this.
  3. spider203

spider203 Long term member

Local Time:
    I would keep a small amount of pressure on the key and tap it at the same time.

4. firelight

firelight Member

UK, Herts
    Local Time:
    I filed the key a very small amout and that worked- thanks for the suggestions!

5. Erin Cumswlows

Erin Cumswlows Active member

Local Time:
    I got a new purple ht3. I tried it out during a special time. I got so excited one of my testicles popped through the ring. I went to unlock it and the key broke. I had to cut the cage to get it off. So,now I am going to try the HUG.

6. zorglub

zorglub Tether freak

Software developper
    Arizona, USA
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    To see the model used on CDs on that site, choose the ME/2 in the "Version" list.

7. collaredhubby

collaredhubby Long term member

Local Time:
    11:35 AM
    For these little locks, a tiny bit of oil, like baby oil, can help to get them moving. Any cheap chastity you buy should be inspected before use in all it's parts, good on you for doing that. You should thus be prepared to either use files, sandpaper, rubbing alcohol, and a magnifying glass as well as giving the whole thing a bath well before you use it. Filing down the key in this case seems to have worked to solve your issue, but I'd inspect the lock.

Specifically, I'd check to see if you can see a slip of metal along the narrow side that lines up with mechanical lock arm and test if it is loose. I wouldn't do this too roughly because this is the housing for the springs inside the lock that WILL go everywhere if that slip of metal is not secure. Also, it could be the reason your lock malfunctioned. The metal may have moved while inserting the lock and caused one of the springs inside the lock housing to bind up, thus not allowing you to make the key move. Could have just been poorly cut keys too, but know that it could just be you got a bad lock.

I've found that I have to hold pressure on the device and ring and keep everything perfectly lined up in order to lock one of these type without a problem (and prefer padlock type belts because they are just easier to lock on in my experience). You may need to inspect the lock hole and make sure that the way the belt was made it actually lines up when you put it together as you may have a quality control issue there too and may need to do some modification to get it to work for you. You want to look for pieces of metal that may not have been machined off or caught in production as well as grit or machining debris that could be clogging the hole and needs to be removed and/or cleaned out before you try to use it as this too can cause a problem. I hope this helps.

Tom Allen likes this.
  8. amvetsb

amvetsb Long term member

Network Infrastructure Engineer
    USA - Mid-Atlantic
    Local Time:
    12:35 PM
    I've mentioned this before, but worth a re-visit...
    Obviously hind-sight being 20/20, ANY device should be completely cleaned before use. Mainly the chinesium ones. You'd be amazed at how much debris can be dislodged or removed from spots that appear to be completely smooth surfaces as well as some spots where I've cringed at what I was able to remove from other locations that should be clearly 'safe'... Most commonly discovered is black or brown residue from sand blasting before chroming process applied. Scariest was a piece of 'spring' looking metal in a urethral tube!!! I'm sure it was a solid rod of metal to begin with that was drilled out, but to leave that inside!! YIKES! So, be careful!!! A LOT of cotton-swabs and pipe cleaners and some rubbing alcohol can save us from most of these nasties or as extreme as death!
    As for locks, proper maintenance, from day 1 through the end of life of a lock is very important. Most are okay when they are new, but it is always good to 'pack them' with grease, not lubricant, but grease. Something that stays put and doesn't wash away with water, AND is body-safe. Vaseline or generic Petroleum Jelly has served me well, but doesn't stay put long enough for me and has to be cleaned and repacked fairly regularly. What I found that works the best is "waterproof grease" for plumbing applications such as in faucet fixtures.. Seems safe for drinking water, and also when in contact with my skin.... This is the exact stuff I use:
    https://www.danco.com/product/12-oz-waterproof-grease/
    A little bit goes a LONG way! I use this in padlocks as well as those 'magic locker' cylinders... Good luck and keep it safe!

collaredhubby likes this.
  9. Boomer

Boomer Member

Local Time:
    Of we have difficulty, just take a bath and soak in it , usually that loosens the lock. Also make sure its perfectly lined up when taking lock out. You may be required to hold the ring at the bottom and move the cage a little

10. sissyfifi68

sissyfifi68 Active member

Local Time:
    Doh!

11. Erin Cumswlows

Local Time:
    Yeah, lucky me I had something to cut it off with. That is why I am going back to a padlock system.

12. Tom Allen

Tom Allen Member

Southern New England
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    You don't mention what device, but most of the Chinese ones come with really crappy barrel locks. There are a few threads on here about what to look for, but if you can remove the old one, the best thing to do would be to buy a couple from the Holy Trainer or Keptforher.com site - they sell the original German locks with properly set pins, springs, and tumblers.

13. Grayfelix

Grayfelix Active member

Ohio
    Local Time:
    Tom,
    Do you know if the Holy Trainer locks fit the generic devices? It looks like they might from the picture. I have an Evotion Bijou and I'd like a higher quality lock.
    Grayfelix

14. Tom Allen

Tom Allen Member

Southern New England
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Those are all 6mm barrel locks with a single tang. HT and the generic Chinese trapped ball style devices use the same style.

Grayfelix likes this.
  15. Tehsatyros

Tehsatyros Active member

Local Time:
    5:35 AM
    IF it is a HT or the like, I found if the plastic is warmed the lock moves easier. I believe that when cold, the lock doesn't fit exactly. When it is warmed, less pressure is put on the locking cylinder and allows the lock to function. I found this out when I tried mine on and it didn't come off. Panic? Yes!

16. Queensbitch

Queensbitch Long term member

Local Time:
    We was just discussing these locks last night. Showed her the lock tarnishing and said if we ain’t careful one day we will go to unlock it and it won’t work.
    “I’m ok with that” she said.
    I told her I could start oiling it up to make sure it doesn’t happen.
    “Nope, just leave it alone. It will be fine”

asastype, amvetsb and kellysbitch like this.
  17. amvetsb

amvetsb Long term member

Network Infrastructure Engineer
    USA - Mid-Atlantic
    Local Time:
  18. Queensbitch

Local Time:
    Umm she was not referring to it falling out. She was meaning that, if it fails, as in it won’t unlock anymore.
    i guess eventually it will become permanent. We just don’t know when that day may come.

19. Erin Cumswlows

Local Time:
    you have to be able to remo e the device for cleaning or, to fix a piped out testicle.

20. Queensbitch

Local Time:
    Not a ball trap device.
    And have learned to clean with soap just fine without the key

21. Erin Cumswlows

Local Time:
    I had broke the key off in my ht3 nub. One of my testis popped through the ring. It hurt like hell . I had to cut the cage off real quick as my balls were quickly swelling. I was so glad to get it off me but, I was upset about my cage.

Queensbitch likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice