I was stupid and adjusted my Jailbird myself. Here's why you should not do that...

Discussion in 'Mature Metal' started by Mike1978, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Mike1978

Mike1978 New member

Local Time:
    7:07 AM
    I've had a jail bird for the past 2 years and I love, it. I've been locked up for the past 2 months 24/7. Also, I began exploring cross dressing a few weeks ago. The panties keep my balls nice and supple, and stop the cage from rotating, I highly recommend it, even if you aren't into cross dressing or feminization. I rarely have to add lube any more, since I started wearing panties. I just lube it once a day when I shower and clean it and put it back on, and forget about it.

Anyway,..

Problem, is, after a couple months of constant wear, my scrotum seems to have gotten a bit thinner. When I go to cross my legs like a lady, while wearing panties, my right testicle slips out. My right testicle has always been tighter than my left. It didn't hurt when it slipped. I didn't even notice when it happened the first 3 or 4 times, but eventually I figured out what was happening.

So the gap needs to be made a bit smaller. I should have sent it back to Mature Metal to do that. With the holidays and lots of other stuff going on, I didn't want to deal with it back to adjust the gap. I decided to put the ring in my bench vice and tap the post down a bit with a 10 lb steel hammer. I'm not a complete idiot, I have a little bit of metal working experience from medieval reenactments (SCA), so I wrapped the ring in a thick rag, clamped it down and made the adjustment.

I thought my adjustment was tiny. It wasn't. At first, the cage rode up higher on my scrotum, but didn't hurt. It took a few hours before it really started digging into me in a way that I knew I wasn't going to just get used to. Then I had to adjust it again, by bending the post up a bit. To do this, I wrapped the post in the thick rag, put the post in the vice, instead of the ring, and tapped the ring upwards with my right hand while holding the stuff in position with my left hand, to make sure it didn't move around too much. The widening was an improvement, but nowhere near the perfect fit I used to have, so I had to adjust it again, and again... it took maybe 3 or 4 days of adjusting and trying it out before I got it right. Eventually, I widened the gap until the back of the cage was perfectly parallel to the ring, and that's the sweet spot for me.

So my adjustments worked. That doesn't mean it was worth it. My experiments were time consuming, and painful on my scrotum. I haven't dealt with a cage digging into me since I was new to chastity, trying cheap chinese knock offs from Amazon. You don't want that. That's for noobs. Get it done right, by professionals. Really, their customer service is world class, they are super easy to deal with, and turnaround time on adjustments is quick, even in the holidays, IME (the only time I needed adjustments before was around Thanksgiving and Christmas).

So don't make the same mistake I made. Let the pros do the adjusting.

2. BarbCD

BarbCD Long term member

Gainfully employed!
    Connecticut, USA
    Local Time:
    3:07 AM
    You are right that MM offers great service, and for significant adjustments I agree it’s best to send back to them. But in your case it sounds like some trial and error was necesarry, so no certainty that they would have gotten it exactly right the first time either.

I had a very similar problem with my Jailbird.....it was just a “smidge” too open; just enough to have a testicle slip through when there was some pressure on it, say bending over or in tight jeans.

I did just what you did, except I used Vice grips on the shaft for better control. I bent it down ever so slightly. Just enough to close the gap between cage and ring by perhaps 1 or 2 millimeters. And it was perfect! I’ve worn it many times for weeks at a time and have never had another slip through.

With care, very minor adjustments in the gap can be made.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice