I have a few questions about the rules

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by MaleDenial, May 17, 2017.

1. MaleDenial

MaleDenial New member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    6:08 PM
    Is there an area where I would be allowed to upload original captions? They are all made with free stock images so copyright is not an issue. My new job is Social Media Marketer for LockedInLust.com which has me creating captions and banners about The Vice cock cage (and no I wasn't working for them when I wrote my review about it), here in the next few days my boss will be creating an official profile for me to use so my next question would be, is it acceptable for those captions to include the url/logo of the company? And also would it be acceptable to (infrequently) post about deals and also giveaways?

I ask these because I don't want to create any problems on this site and we would prefer to stay in good standing

2. Vinny

Vinny Locked up again. Starting year 6.

Local Time:
    7:08 PM
    I am not a moderator, but it sounds like something most sites get paid for since it is advertising by a commercial entity. I like this site because it is ad free. Tumblr is filled with stuff like you do but forums are more for expressing things with words, not cartoons and/or images. Then there is the issue of fairness in so much as allowing one product to advertise, no matter the means, would mean allowing all makers of chastity devices to advertise.

They do have a soliciting forum here so maybe the owner would not have a problem with it. Then again, that forum appears to be for private sales of items and services, not commercial entities.

3. SubVerity

SubVerity Still the mansion's fairy godmother. ;)

London
    Local Time:
    11:08 PM
    Hi there,

Currently it would not be suitable to have such advertising on CM. We also have a policy against captioned images either as avatars or within picture albums.
    We also don't want threads to have much in the way of images in them - the occaisional one from a member to illustrate a thread a point or a story is ok, but this place is not about image threads, it's about words. If you want an image thread then Tumblr is better placed for it.
    It maybe that these rules will change in time to come, but for the moment I would have to say thanks for asking - but no thanks.

Verity

4. MaleDenial

MaleDenial New member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Ok I understand. What about giveaways and deals? No images, no repeated posting, and not frequent posting either

5. SubVerity

SubVerity Still the mansion's fairy godmother. ;)

London
    Local Time:
    11:08 PM
    Sorry - I'm very tired and failed to read your post entirely.

I think having an official profile is a sensible thing, Mature Metal and Lori both have them. They mainly respond to members questions with info and advice as and when, but I dont see anything wrong with you occasionally posting about offers, or telling us about developments and new product - as long as it's not too spammy.
    Having a company link in your signature is possible I think, as is having a company logo as your avatar.

MaleDenial likes this.
  6. MaleDenial

MaleDenial New member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Awesome, thank you for the help!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice