How do you pick a device?

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by subboyjj, Jan 29, 2017.

1. subboyjj

subboyjj amateur locked twink

Local Time:
    8:46 PM
    Hello, i would like to buy a good chastity device suitable for long term wear, but picking one is so hard. i want something comfortable, well made, and easy to clean without removing, for under $200. I have looked at several devices, but i have no idea which one to pick. im interested in the Holytrainer, khd x3 expresso, birdlocked classic or neo, bon4, or any other quality device you might recomend.

any advice on which one to get would be greatly appreciated.
    thank you

2. Wendygirl

Wendygirl To offer advice and keep CM safe and welcoming

gardener
    London
    Local Time:
    4:46 AM
    Hi
    Welcome to CM well you have found the right place for advice.

Don't spend a lot on your first 2 or 3 devices. There are loads of quite good quality stainless steel devices on the Internet for €£$25-30 delivered.
    Try one see how you get on then you will have a better idea for the second and thus home in on a good size and type. Any that are no good in the dishwasher and put them up for sale.

Xx Wendy

3. gyrator53

gyrator53 Member

retired academic/consultant
    UK
    Local Time:
    3:46 AM
    Unless you have some experience with metal cock-rings and therefore know the likely A-ring size you need I would go with one of the cheap ones off, say DHGate that come with 3 or 4 rings. The cage length thing is, in my view, complicated by the need to account not just for flaccid length but flaccid girth too because a tube that is smaller in diameter than you are when flaccid increases your length a bit (I reckon its actually flaccid volume you need to take into account).

4. sylvana chastity

sylvana chastity just Syl

Deutschland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    4:46 AM
    Picking devices is tough - picking locks even tougher! :D
    Sorry - couldn't leave that chance out! :p

boisub likes this.
  5. subboyjj

subboyjj amateur locked twink

Local Time:
    8:46 PM
    I do have some experience with chastity, and i know my measurements.

6. Fellow traveler

Fellow traveler Active member

Truck driver
    Southern U.S
    Local Time:
    10:46 PM
    I've had the same struggle, cleanliness is very important to me too. I've been trying various Chinese knock offs but have yet to find the right one. They're either too bulky or to painful. My latest purchase was a HT knock-off that was fairly comfortable but the cleanliness wasn't ideal. I have to wear my device for a couple of weeks at a time before I can be unlocked because of my work. It's a struggle.

7. lock667

lock667 Long term member

Local Time:
    11:46 PM
    Figure out what you want in a cage: Able to see the penis or not? Full encasement or not? Do you want something better for long term or just short term stints? Longer term, you want easier to clean, so a more open design is better. Are you in and out of buildings with metal detectors? You'll want to avoid steel (but plastic and titanium usually are ok). Are you a grower or a shower? That'll effect what sort of link you'll be looking for. Do you have a piercing? Are you planning one? I have a PA, that complicates my choices to some end, and I find shorter devices lead to cleanliness and jock itch style issues since drying the output from the second hole is troublesome.

Do you have other people around your house that might ask about lock noise? An integrated lock would be better in that case.

Many options, match what you need to what's out there and start there. But like the others have said, try out an off the shelf version before dropping the money on a custom item.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice