home made full belt bodge up

Discussion in 'Full Belts' started by spud18, Dec 30, 2021.

1. spud18

spud18 Active member

Local Time:
    4:16 PM
    A full belt is an expensive purchase, and picking the best design is a difficult choice. I did buy one once, the cheapest and as it turned out, nastiest. One of those with a tube hidden completely by the shield and with a plastic drainage tube. The biggest trouble with those is that the outlet on the tube is on the wrong side of it, the top side, so that every time you go to the toilet there is a small reservoir of urine trapped in it which dribbles out messily at the wrong moment. The bin for that then, but I did keep the belt part. I wish I had also kept the silicone lining.
    With most ball trap devices, the 'magic lock ' is a weak point, being just one step more secure than a similar item made of chocolate. So I bought a cobalt drill from Ebay, drilled mine through and added a drilled pin and small padlock.
    Ok, so how to put the two together ? Most stainless steel is a real pain to work with, its just too tough. But I had a mending plate from the local hardware store, and that did the job. Its low grade stainless, and it can be cut with a good hacksaw and filed and sanded. Ok, its a bit rough and I use a piece of cloth as padding, despite quite a bit of sanding. But its the general design I am pleased with. Its comfortable enough to sleep in, and quite secure. The mending plate was about 20 to 30 mm shorter than I really needed, and it pulls the whole thing upwards a little. Not enough to be uncomfortable, especially as this allows me to use a larger ring than normal ( 50mm rather than 45 ? ) But enough to make it fairly visible through my clothing.
    But the great thing about it, apart from having a working belt that cost next to nothing, is that the join between ball trap device and plate is flexible. It swivels, moves when I bend and is generally very comfortable, except that any waist band is a bit of a nuisance. And having written all this, I cant see how to add photographs, without which the whole thing is useless. can anyone advise me please ?

2. spud18

spud18 Active member

Local Time:
    Ah , tried to post a picture and get the message the uploaded file is too large. Its only a picture of a few bits of metal, what am I doing wrong ?
    upload_2021-12-30_17-23-10.jpeg

3. spud18

spud18 Active member

Local Time:
  4. spud18

spud18 Active member

Local Time:
  5. spud18

spud18 Active member

Local Time:
    strange, the file that is too large is of the seperate parts, its mostly white background but it seems that one is the problem. Last picture. Its crude but effective, and turns a ball trap device into a full belt. If I didnt have a waist strap already, I also have one made from stainless wire rope, the correct ends sealed with epoxy and covered with silicone pipe. upload_2021-12-30_17-30-18.jpeg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice