holy trainer ring sizing advice

Discussion in 'HolyTrainer' started by flip__26, Sep 15, 2022.

1. flip__26

flip__26 Long term member

Ireland
    Local Time:
    1:09 AM
    hi - i'm considering buying the holy trainer, but was looking for advice on ring sizing.
    i have a cb3k and i find the #2 ring (~47.5mm) usable but the #3 ring (44.5mm) is too small (starts to cut off circulation)

the holy trainer ring sizes are 'gappier' but does the supposedly better design mean i'd get away with a 45mm ring? i suspect the jump to the 50mm ring would be too big.

FWIW the cb3k cage is a little bigger than is probably ideal for me so would be looking at the small cage in the HT

Thank you!

2. flip__26

Ireland
    Local Time:
    should mention - the cb3k cage is too big for me i think; so allows me to get more erect than i should and thus increases the size of the ring required; so would i be right in thinking that a smaller cage might reduce the required size of the ring?

3. Dominant In Chastity

Dominant In Chastity Active member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    3:09 AM
    From my experience sizing is exploration and evolution.
    I've found that too big cages are less comfortable, especially during night.
    Over time with both CB-x and HT we went down in size of cage and again smaller, and at some point one size less in ring size.

Probably no better way then buy more then one size (I know it costs...) and just try. them. That's what we do.

Also, body adjusts over time. At some point I thought that I need ring between two sizes, but now smaller size is very good (and I am already wondering if in future with smaller cage, smaller ring would work)

4. flip__26

Ireland
    Local Time:
    cheers - i guess the crux of the issue for me is would a smaller cage mean i would generally be using a smaller ring? i.e. i'd have less room to get erect and thus a smaller ring would make sense?

the smaller ring on the cb3k is not an issue usually until i get an erection.

5. Dominant In Chastity

Dominant In Chastity Active member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    > cheers - i guess the crux of the issue for me is would a smaller cage mean i would generally be using a smaller ring? i.e. i'd have less room to get erect and thus a smaller ring would make sense?

no necessarily.

with smaller CB-x at some point I proffered bigger rings. It may depend on design and anathomy.

flip__26 likes this.
  6. flip__26

Ireland
    Local Time:
    i have a copy in the post to me now; one with four ring sizes and the supplier is supplying an extra cage too. fingers crossed.

7. flip__26

Ireland
    Local Time:
    i'm glad i ordered the copy with the extra rings; HT advise that 45mm is what most of their customers go for but i think i'd have done myself a mischief trying to fit through that. currently using the 50mm ring on the copy.

i suspect i'm what i'm learning is 'high and tight' because it's not as if i'm gigantic.

Newcageinkent likes this.
  8. DrippingInChastity

DrippingInChastity New member

Local Time:
    I am glad it works for you. On beggining 50mm worked better and I adjusted and now 45mm works better. Good to have some flexibility to try different options and pick what works best. At the end of the day, it's something we wear all the time at some point...

9. flip__26

Ireland
    Local Time:
    #9 flip__26, Oct 11, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2022
    i reckon i'm going to pull the trigger on the real thing, but obviously don't know if the ring sizing on the knockoff i bought matches the ring sizing on the real thing. i would *hope* the knockoff matches the sizing well enough though
    several weeks ago i did come across a mention of someone who had actually measured the inner diameter of the rings for the HT; that wasn't here, was it?

10. DrippingInChastity

DrippingInChastity New member

Local Time:
    From my experience there are always some differences between knockoff and real one.

But my experience is that I used to overthink before first one. Seemed like super important forever decision. In practice: not only knockoffs may differ in shape (so measuring diameter from inside may be misleading), but also as we wear those things your body adjusts, and you are "approaching your right size". Again, I started with HT 50mm and moved to 45mm and I am very happy. Still i have a spresheet where I made notes on different rings + cages configurations, so if there would be switch I know which ring to try for cage that my keyholder may choose. (fortunately at this second since more then 96 days , there are no changes of cage)

flip__26 likes this.
  11. Deleted member 104385

I ahd tried one of the knock offs and I can typically use a 40mm base ring. So that's what I got, and the base ring was too big. Usually 40mm is ok, I could prob go down to 38-39mm for base ring but most don't offer those. And the smallest ring they offer for holy trainer was 36mm I believe and nothing in between the 36 and 40. So I had to try and return or exchange the base ring for the smallest one and and guess what. The smallest one was too small. So for holy trainer I think I am out of luck unless they decide to offer more sizes for base rings.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice