Holy Trainer and "Jock Itch"

Discussion in 'HolyTrainer' started by FreefromBondage, Sep 3, 2016.

?

If you wear an HTv2, have you ever experienced jock itch in the areas covered by the device?

1. Yes.

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  1. FreefromBondage

FreefromBondage Active member

Local Time:
    4:47 AM
    For much of the summer, if I wear my HTv2 for more than a day or two, I will develop an itchiness on my shaft skin, around my circumcision scar,and on the top of my glans. Simply removing the device does not typically fix the issue. There is no visible rash. I typically have to apply an anti-fungal.

I haven't really seen anything online addressing this, specifically talking about any chastity device and jock itch.

eMedicineHealth.com states, "Jock itch is particularly related to infections from microorganisms and environmental factors such as humidity and friction, which can irritate the skin. Jock itch is more common in men than in women simply because the presence of male genitalia leads to increased friction and humidity. Women are actually predisposed to develop a similar condition underneath their breasts. Jock itch is most often caused simply by noninfected skin affected by friction, humidity, and heat. However, it is not uncommon for microorganisms like fungi and bacteria to simultaneously infect the skin." (emphasis added)

So I live in the south. I typically run 2-4 times per week, but I stopped running in it due to this issue. my penis nearly always espands to fill the space in the trainer, so there is friction. Last night when I asked my wife if I could remove it due to unbearable itching, upon taking it off all my shaft skin was moist. It seems like all the environmental factors are correct for jock itch. I just find it odd that I'm the only one who seems to be mentioning it.

As much as I like the comfort of the HTv2 in all other respects, it simply doesn't have enough ventilation for my lifestyle. I have a cheap metal device that I'll use in the interim while I look for a better steel device for long-term wear.

2. Droog

Droog Long term member

Local Time:
    4:47 PM
    Red Chili may work for you as an alternative.

-droog

FreefromBondage likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice