Hip Model vs Waist Model

Discussion in 'Full Belts' started by herpdiderp, Mar 10, 2023.

1. herpdiderp

herpdiderp Member

Local Time:
    12:41 AM
    I was looking through NeoSteel belts and noticed you could get a hip model or waist model. I think I like the appearance of a waist model, that being said, has anyone tried both? Which is more comfortable in your opinion? Are there pros and cons for both?

John likes this.
  2. Fetish

Fetish Junior Member

EU
    Local Time:
    7:41 AM
    There was such discussion few years ago. Check older threads. But in short: Hip belts are more popular not without a reason ;)

herpdiderp likes this.
  3. zbovka

zbovka Design Enthusiast

Local Time:
    2:41 PM
    I don't have neosteel specific experience, but I have short term wear experience for some of the crappy chinese knockoffs

Here's a rough list of pros/cons comparing the two designs specifically at the hip:

waist:

pros:
    * comfy like a hug
    * generally less strain on hip bones
    * easy to clean under the belt
    * fits suprisingly even for borderline obese BMI, and weight changes doesn't drastically affect comfort as much as a hip belt
    * compresses on your stomach and so may help serve as a way to artificially reduce hunger
    * remains secure even if the waist belt is oversized (not exactly recommended for comfort reasons)

cons:
    * if the waist circumference is too small it digs into the hip and under the rib cage when you bend sideways
    * can give you a sore back faster if you don't sit properly (strains on your back muscles, presumable like a lifting belt would? not that ive tried to use one before)
    * can uncomfortably dig into your xiphoid process (bottom of sternum, the middle part of your rib cage) if you bend forwards enough
    * overall feels more injury prone if you have an accident
    * needs to be a tight fit otherwise its easier than a hip belt to shift around and masturbate by shaking the belt
    * generally annoying for your abs (e.g. when you sit up), and constant moving around tends to change the shape of the belt into an ovoid shape (putting pressure on your back muscles)
    * requires more adjustment than a hip belt with drastic weight changes for an equivalent fit

hips

pros:
    * hides better under clothing
    * because you're probably worn pants/underwear your whole life, they're easier to adapt to and the skin isn't as sensitive
    * a good fit is much more resistant to masturbation as it easier holds the penis tube close to the body than a waist belt (which may be bent away over time, basic laws of leverage: make the moment arm shorter = better rigidity)

cons:
    * without a tight fit, it feels very loose and can cause chafing
    * with a tight fit, it may cause numbness in the leg as the side of the bands lay directly over major muscles in the side of your leg
    * requires a very strict belt bending fit to be comfortable
    * consequently tighter measurement margins of error
    * very hard to clean under the belt except for the stomach area and the area immediately behind your spine (depending on how the belt was made)
    * still annoys the bottom of your stomach muscles but not as much as as a waist belt, but over time it may put painful pressure over your hips with a tight fit as the belt morphs into a trapezoid-like shape (much moreso if you're overweight)
    * may dig into your buttcrack in a weird and uncomfortable way depending on the design (ideally the back of the belt should hover just above where your buttcheeks start, sometimes even good measurements won't prevent this, it could just be a terrible design flaw or the belt's too flexible and bends too easily)

John and herpdiderp like this.
  4. herpdiderp

herpdiderp Member

Local Time:
    12:41 AM
    Thank you!

5. hardbodysub

hardbodysub BrokeTheMold

Pennsylvania
    Local Time:
    2:41 AM
    The pictures of waist and hip bands on the neosteel website don’t look any different to me, and I don’t see anything on the website that describes the precise difference. Both seem to sit above the hipbones, and the pictures I see make them both appear to wrap straight around.

I would normally assume that a “hip” belt would sit lower than a waist belt, but I can’t see anything on their website that describes the differene adequately.

herpdiderp likes this.
  6. jchar

jchar Active member

Local Time:
    2:41 AM
    I have not tried both but I can offer one problem I had with my hip model, the original waistband was too large, I discovered I could easily slide the belt off when I lost just 10 lbs because it wasn't resting on the hip bones like it should. I now have the right size waistband and its completely impossible for me to slide down now and its a LOT more comfortable since it doesn't move around at all now. Bottom line is this measurement is critical for a secure/comfortable fit.

7. Kiesela

Kiesela Long term member

Local Time:
    6:41 AM
    In my experience hip models are way better to wear.
    If you plan to wear for any duration.
    Tour waist tends to move independently from your pelvis so things get all stretched and pulled and you lose mobility if you try to counter that.
    The pelvic region is not prehensile, it's one unit. Nothing moves independently.

It depends if you are locking up for extended periods or dressing up in chastity for a play session.
    if it's for play then go for the one that you think looks nicest.

MadameJs_boo, Fetish and Miss Bella like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice