Hinged or solid base ring? (for low hanging balls)

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by Snugly_, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Snugly_

Snugly_ Member

Local Time:
    1:04 PM
    People with low hanging balls, do you use hinged or solid base rings?

I’m in the process of finding a device I can wear long term, and I will probably buy a custom device in the end. I just want to do as much research as I can first.

I’m a grower with low hanging balls, and I’ve realised I need a really small base ring to prevent it from just sliding down my cock during the day. I’ve tried many different metal rings, and I have a good estimate of what the ideal size would be. It's somewhere around 36-37mm (I told you, really small!)

I believe a hinged ring would be easier to get on and off (which would be a good thing for my KeyHolder), but I’m concerned about the hinges pinching.

With a solid ring on the other hand, I’m concerned about getting it on and off. Not on my own of course, but if my KeyHolder teases me before letting me out, I’ll have real trouble staying soft enough to get the ring off for her. And I fear it’ll be too small to be kept on as a cock ring during intercourse without causing too much pain, as it is so small, and my girth increases quite a lot when I grow.

I’m thinking about trying a DHgate knockoff with hinges, but I wanted to ask for opinions first.

Do you use hinged or solid rings? What are the pros and cons?
    If you use a solid ring, do you keep it on as a cock ring?

Cheers!
    Snugly

2. MissyB

MissyB Long term member

maid, (I wish)
    Tennessee hills
    Local Time:
    7:04 AM
    I've tried both but in metal only. I do find the hinged ring easier to use. Some come with a rubber sleeve you can work onto the ring to cover hinge, while others don't. My latest doesn't use any cover and pinching isn't a problem, provided i put it on without being in contact with scrotum skin when it's closing. I can wear a smaller hinged ring than solid, but i know others can use both styles. It will probably be worth trying both styles to get a personal preferences. Good luck and enjoy.

Snugly_ and jemima like this.
  3. Snugly_

Snugly_ Member

Local Time:
    Thanks for the advice!

Have you found any difference regarding hygiene? I'm thinking it might be hard to clean the hinges thoroughly, both with and without a rubber sleeve covering it?

4. MissyB

MissyB Long term member

maid, (I wish)
    Tennessee hills
    Local Time:
    7:04 AM
    No, the hinge seems to stay as clean as the rest of the cage. What is important is finding design that allows for cleaner peeing. I have some that are more open on the end so stream can go without a lot of cage contact or ones that i can slip penis out to pee and then reinsert back into cage. If you only wear short term it isn't an issue but if you want to wear longer, have to find a solution.

Snugly_ likes this.
  5. Orallover

Orallover Member

Switzerland
    Local Time:
    I use hinged rings and discovered that:
    1. Not all of them need the hinge covered, in fact the one I use most does not pinch my skin at all, as long as I keep the skin away from the hinge when I close it. After that it's fine. I guess it is trial and error.
    2. For the hinges that do pinch my skin, I cover the hinge with very thin wound-care tape. It irritates less than the rubber tubing, and does not require cleaning, I simply replace it.

Snugly_ likes this.
  6. Snugly_

Snugly_ Member

Local Time:
    Thanks for the tip! Yeah, we're definitely thinking long term wear, preferably with as little maintenance unlocks as possible. Right now we've got a HT3, and we're looking for a more open cage now, for easier cleaning.

7. Snugly_

Snugly_ Member

Local Time:
    Great news, thanks! We'll definitely be trying a hinged knock off one now to see what works for us! Wound-care tape was a good tip as well, have to remember that. Thanks again!

8. K1nky6uy

K1nky6uy Active member

Local Time:
    12:04 PM
    Solid ring all day long, hinges cause irritation, can nip and harbour germs.

9. buckey48

buckey48 Member

retired
    Idaho
    Local Time:
    5:04 AM

Have a couple hinged ring types I am not using. Also use rubber tubing over the hinge

10. buckey48

buckey48 Member

retired
    Idaho
    Local Time:
    pics of hinged ring chastity

Attached Files:

11. Snugly_

Snugly_ Member

Local Time:
    Yeah, I've heard a lot of people having problems with that. But then for others it seems to work great. Guess it depends a lot on both anatomy and the device itself. Thanks for your input!

12. Snugly_

Snugly_ Member

Local Time:
    Nice. What's it like wearing those smaller cages? I've always thought those kinds of tubes seem uncomfortable and a bit hard to keep clean? How does the rubber tubing work for you? I've heard a lot of people having issues with them.

I found a DHgate cage that piqued my interest, so I ordered that. Hope it arrives as quickly as possible :)

13. buckey48

buckey48 Member

retired
    Idaho
    Local Time:

All my metal cages were too heavy. those pictured were used only for a few hours. Heave and uncomfortable
    Using a copy of the HT v3, thou had to get metal ring, the Bioresin ring would not stay locked. Wish I could
    find a 50 mm ht3 ring

14. Snugly_

Snugly_ Member

Local Time:
    Aah, that's too bad. I have a HT v3 as well, but my problem is the opposite. The smallest ring is too big.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice