Hello and looking for advice

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by John Valjon, Feb 26, 2019.

1. John Valjon

John Valjon Member

Local Time:
    10:30 AM
    Hello everyone,
    Heard about this site from MaleChastityNow, where I just purchased an Adaptus.

After about 8 years or so of occasional play with a CB-6000, my wife and I decided we should look at stainless steel. My wife couldn’t stand the stink of me locked up in a plastic device. And I had suffered one very painful “pop out” incident. So we found a cheap Chinese steel cage. It was great, but maybe a little too tight. After a 5-day lockup, the skin of my scrotum looked stretched out, kind of shiny, in the center. Some of this discomfort seemed to come from the back part of the cage pressing into the scrotum. So we ordered the Adaptus with slightly larger diameter base ring and a longer gap than the cheap one. When it finally arrived, it almost seemed to be simultaneously too tight and too loose. It was painful, somewhat constricting after only an hour of wear. And then I had another “pop out” incident (after which I immediately took off the cage).

I am at a loss. One of these symptoms seems to argue I need a larger still base ring, while the other argues I need a smaller base ring. What should I do? My wife has argued I should give it another try. (Which admittedly is kind of hot.) What else can I vary? Is there something about wearing stainless steel that is so fundamentally different from the CB-6000 that I might not even know what I’m doing wrong? Any advice would be appreciated.

2. LesterBallard

LesterBallard Long term member

Management
    United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    3:30 PM
    welcome. I'm sure there's a few of our cage experts who may be able to offer advice.

Ma’ams Slut likes this.
  3. Rectrix

Rectrix Long term member

US East Coast
    Local Time:
    It'll be useful if you indicate the sizes you're trying, and perhaps a picture. Clearly your gap is too big, though.

Ma’ams Slut likes this.
  4. John Valjon

John Valjon Member

Local Time:
    Thanks, Rectrix. I take it pop out is caused by too large a gap, then? The new Adaptus has base ring 1-7/8” with 1/2” gap. The cheap Chinese one has base ring 1-3/4” (well 45mm) and didn’t come with specs for the gap, but it measures at 3/8” to 7/16”.

5. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    3:30 PM
    its a shame that it has hurt you and it must be cos it dont fit proper. If you cant find a cage that fits you proper its best to go to somebody that makes them for your size and then they can tell you what one wud fit you . The Mistress on here from MM cages does it I think. I hope you find a nice one that dont hurt.

Rectrix and Ma’ams Slut like this.
  6. Shepherdsflock

Shepherdsflock Long term member

Local Time:
    9:30 AM
    When it comes to metal devices, custom is really the way to go. Not a particular endorsement for Mature Metal (rather for custom devices in general), I received my Queen’s Keep a week ago and have not removed it since I got it. No problems.

7. Giles_English

Giles_English Chaste slave

Slave
    UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    2:30 PM
    I'm in a Custom Chastity "Saint". They are surgical nylon, so smell isn't an issue. However, they are also light and easy to wear. Lady Fox does custom designs, so if you contact her and describe the problem, she may have a fix.

Regarding "too tight and too loose", you have three parameters: ring depth, ring diameter, and ring-to-cage gap. You may, for example, need less gap (giving more grip and no escaping balls) but more diameter.

8. Adam444

Adam444 Long term member

Chicagoland, USA
    Local Time:
    "Gap" difficult to explain and impossible to measure for. Basically it's three dimensional space created by the space left in the ring after subtracting the area of the tube plus the space between the tube and the ring. So it's effected by the diameter of the ring (assuming the tube diameter stays constant) and the angle of the tube to the ring.

cage sizing.jpg
    So you can see how the "gap" changes with ring diameter (if I recall correctly the ring on the right is 1/8" smaller).

This drawing is one I did comparing two devices I have. I've never lost a testicle with the Chinese device but do with the Cherry Keeper because of the vastly larger. Understand at the point in time I did the drawing I was "experimenting" a bit trying to find a bit more comfort.

Cherry Keeper Drawing.png

Adjusting the the angle of the tube with the Adaptus is pretty easy. You can either send it back to Mark at MCN or ask him for instructions.

Rectrix and spider203 like this.
  9. John Valjon

John Valjon Member

Local Time:
    Thanks, everyone. I contacted Mark for instructions on decreasing the gap and did so. No more escapes! First time wearing after the adjustment I had a sharp pain that forced me to take off the cage and take a break. I was worried that meant the ring diameter was too small, too. But trying it again now, I seem to have no problems.

Thanks, again for all the information and advice!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice