Google Chrome

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by PuppyMastersPet, Jan 10, 2009.

1. PuppyMastersPet

PuppyMastersPet Long term member

Local Time:
    2:59 PM
    Has anyone given Google Chrome a go yet? Ive just downloaded it and it seems pretty good so far. For anyone that hasnt herd of it, its a new web browser built by google.

The software is nice and simple and seems much quicker than Explorer or even Firefox. I think Explorer and Firefox have gotten too complex and are beginning to get a little sluggish.

I havent used Chrome for long but my initial thoughts are that it will be a good web browser. Its quite clever as well, the nav bar automatically starts to search the internet for possible web site you may be looking for.

More importantly The Mansion looks good on it, it has a higher resolution rate so it fits web pages in nicely and neatly

2. Mark121

Mark121 Nobody of consequence

Local Time:
    9:59 AM
    If/when they come out with a Linux version, I'll give it a try. Till then, I'll stick with Firefox.

3. allythemaid

allythemaid Active member

Local Time:
    Chrome is interesting, but firefox's extensions will keep me loyal for a while... some extensions for chrome are supposed to be on the horizon but they aren't here yet.

4. Burger_01

Burger_01 Chastity Geek

Local Time:
    11:59 PM
    At the moment I use Safari, because I'm VERY short of hard drive space and Firefox is a resource hog at the best of times.

I guess the thing that is holding me back from using chrome is the way that it sends any information you put into it straight to google. Its not that I don't trust massive faceless corporations.. its just that, no.. wait.. it is that I don't trust them.

5. PuppyMastersPet

PuppyMastersPet Long term member

Local Time:
    I'd rather my information went to Google rather than Microsoft. You can't escape information sending, it happens with every click of the web.

I'm gonna see how I get on with it for a while

6. dollyanne

dollyanne Sissy who loves pink frilly things!

Dallas, TX
    Local Time:
    8:59 AM
    Dollyanne tried it early, but dropped it. It was probably too early and not quite ready--dolly should try it again. Right now, dollyanne uses Firefox because of the big bug found in Internet Explorer recently, and plus, the animations at Chastity Mansion seem to work better with it.

Huggs,
    :loveCM::jumping0046:
    dollyanne

7. maid katrin

maid katrin chaste sissy maid

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Burger is definitely right - Chrome is mainly busy with phoning home and there is no reason to trust Google.
    However, there is an alternative which is as fast and slim as Chrome but without the "phoning-home-feature"

Try the Iron-Browser http://www.srware.net/en/ . It is free and there is a portable version as well so you do not even need to install it on your harddrive. The only thing you need is a fairly fast memory stick.
    In fact, Iron is the original and Chrome is the copy!!

BTW, there is a version for MAC users, too.

maid katrin

8. maid_carrie

Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    Incognito in Chrome

Hello everybody

Nobody has mentioned the "Incognito" settings on Chrome which does not keep a history - which some may find useful

I understand MS are looking to introduce a similar setting in IE*

maid carrie

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice