Getting back to basics and the original Chastity Mansion charter

Discussion in 'Site announcements and information' started by L-u-c-y, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Cuckster

Cuckster Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    4:52 AM
    Is that true for everyone, or just you?

Meanwhile, back on topic. . .

2. Beck

Beck Banned

Local Time:
    10:52 PM
    You can read through this site yourself. Make your own conclusions, you don't have to be told what to do and how to think all of the time.

3. Beck

Beck Banned

Local Time:
    You are quite a bully for someone claiming to be submissive Cuckster. It is your approach that is antagonistic and rude, but you know that. You feel you have some extra weight to throw around since Lucy has your key? lol lets see how long that lasts. . .

4. Cuckster

UK
    Local Time:
    OK...
    so if this site is pure fiction/fantasy for you, why on earth do you care whether people choose to verify or not?

5. L-u-c-y

Staff Member Owner of Chastity Mansion Administrator Verified Female

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    I think we can all agree that you 2 will never agree :)

6. Cuckster

UK
    Local Time:
    Nope, just trying to discuss the thread topic. You made this personal, not me.
    For the record, how exactly does one "throw weight around" via forum posts?

Seriously though... this is beyond funny and well into embarrassing now. Let's not spoil @L-u-c-y 's thread any further. You clearly have some sort of problem with me which is regrettable, but there's no need to turn this into something personal.

7. Beck

Beck Banned

Local Time:
    SHeesh man. You need it all spelled out don't you??

I am real. My experiences and everything I contribute all real.

Male chastity is a game, and fantasist's game, at best. Unless you are bound and locked against your will -you have decided to engage in chastity. It was not put on you. It was a choice. A choice that can very easily be reversed. Or put on hold, or reversed.

I don't really care who you are, whether you are a female or not. I don't like trolls however, or people dedicated to being antagonistic to kick a dead horse.

And its not personal, you are clearly lacking tact is all. Good day!

8. Cuckster

UK
    Local Time:
    So why is male chastity only real if you are bound and locked against your will?
    You're not making any sense, but that was pretty much apparent from the get, in fairness.

9. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    I think you have to seperate submission and fetishes.

Submissiveness can be part of someone's personality.

Chastity and sissification are fetishes.

10. Beck

Beck Banned

Local Time:
    There is no difference between chastity and not masturbating.
    One requires a fancy piece of dick jewelry, and the other will power.
    Which category do you fall into @Cuckster ? By real, I mean 'no escape/no choice' is that clear enough??? As in not coming off if you start whining or get a hold of bolt cutters.

I make sense. You are very condescending and clearly a little bitch. Now that is personal!!

Exactly. Chastity and all else in the world of kink are variables at best. They are not facts or unchangeable attributes such as personality.

11. Cuckster

UK
    Local Time:
    Of coursre there is.
    You just described a difference yourself!
    Not the one I'd have used but meh. There are loads to chose from lol.

Sorry, what?

Um... beg to differ.

Congratulations! Please forgive me for not responding in kind.

12. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    That is why I am more interested in submission than chastity. Chastity is only a small part of it.

And this is why I think males pretending to be females is not a good idea...

https://www.chastitymansion.com/for...-females-is-it-harmful-or-harmless-fun.28522/

13. Cuckster

UK
    Local Time:
    Agreed. But I would still not call chastity no more than a fantasist's game.

14. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    I don't know what it is, I never claimed to be an expert :)

15. Cuckster

UK
    Local Time:
    LOL :)
    Well if you aren't...

16. Beck

Beck Banned

Local Time:
    I forgive you, you little bitch you! Lmao! Keep living in self delusion. It is exactly what a cuck deserves.

17. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    @Cuckster and @beck I think you've both derailed this thread enough now, thank you! :)

18. Cuckster

UK
    Local Time:
    Sorry x

El Guapo likes this.
  19. Beck

Beck Banned

Local Time:
    You're so welcome!

20. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    Thanks for your two cents worth :)

Verification will be optional and there is no danger of being banned for not verifying.

Good idea, I will add a transgender option in the profile settings.

21. Moonshae

Moonshae Member

Local Time:
    11:52 PM
    As a new person to this site, I have to say that regardless of the subject matter, you're always going to have to deal with people who break the rules...I've seen this on fora from photography to fountain pens to shaving. The topic doesn't matter; some people are jerks (or worse). What makes a great forum is how the admins/mods react to these jerks.

When confronted with bad forum behavior, the natural reaction is to draw the lines more distinctly so violations are clearer, but what this really does is show the jerks exactly how much they can get away with and not get kicked out. Having a more vague policy that is left up to interpretation by the mods (who presumably discuss such things in a mod-only forum) actually makes for a better community. It seems counterintuitive, but here's the thing: 99% of users are going to have the same reaction as the mod and identify a post (or part of a post) as inappropriate. They're not going to spout off about mod abuse or selective application, or about how one mod let them do/say something, so why won't another. The people raising a stink about unfair bans and such are the same people breaking the rules or the spirit of the rules, provided the site is truly well run, and this seems to be the case here. Further, as jerks compete to toe the line but aren't banned since they aren't technically misbehaving, it drives off good folks who are just looking for a community of like-minded individuals.

In essence, I suggest that, rather than continuously drawing a finer line as jerks continue to test the limits, have a grey area that is wider in which mods are free to exercise their best judgement as to what constitutes rule breaking. Owners/admins need to trust the judgement of their mods and support them and disregard the small but vocal minority who feels "oppressed" when rules are enforced with even a whiff of arbitrariness. In the event a mod has a bad day, admins can reverse a decision falling in that grey area with less fallout.

El Guapo, Goddess Gaia and guest 4363 like this.
  22. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Everything evolves, and the changes will be good or bad, but changes are bound to happen...even if it’s changing back to something it once was.

I’ve had my feathers ruffled a few times(no I’m not talking about you LUCY;) about being censored or chided about my language. It wasn’t directed at a female(in fact it was to a friend) and a mod removed the word bast@rd, as in he was caught by his wife wanking and was going to get a whooping and I said “oh you poor bast@rd”. It wasn’t mean spirited, and was meant to show how much I did not envy his situation by disrespecting his wife. When I asked about it I was scolded like a child, I was told that was locker room talk, goes against the sites etiquette policy, and that kind of language didn’t belong here.

I was livid. First I was mad at the stupidity of not understanding the difference in tone and context, next I was hurt that I would lose this site, because I doubt I wanted to be some place that was so formal, and well...boring. Lastly I was flabbergasted that my little word got deleted while drinking the golden nectar and cuck clean up was on the same page of “what’s new”.

To make a long story even longer lol, after a bit of a break, I had a new way of looking at it. It’s not my site, and the owner will run it how they choose and people will accept it or they won’t. No sense in looking at it any other way. I also like a previous poster said thought maybe this isn’t the place for me...I thought it was about chastity, not female dominance or supremacy...turns out, this site is about whatever the owners decide it’s about, and we have a choice to stay or leave.

I chose to stay, bite my lip a little when I don’t agree, and in general not poke the bear. If it gets to a point where being here upsets me, or I don’t feel welcome, I will choose not to.

Personally I’ve had issues with LUCY, and as much as we do not get along, I’ve found that she has been nothing but professional and straightforward since she has taken the reins. I have found no evidence that any changes she intends will “ruin” this site or my ability to feel welcome here. I’m sure whatever comes, was meant to come, and we will adapt.

El Guapo and Breathe like this.
  23. Joroincharge

Joroincharge Lock em up - 24/7/365!!

England
    Local Time:
    CM also has had some very good male Mods. One of the best is @maid_carrie who it still one now. Another was @richard. And there have been others too. And @Jens, Co-owner is also male! When I was a Mod we (I hope) treated all Members alike and served them all, gender regardless. It's a different role than normal posting.

24. maid_carrie

Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    You will have me blushing @Joroincharge - just doing what I can for the site. And I endorse your comment about @richard :)

I also endorse the whole basis of this thread. Getting the site back on track and making it a fun place it was many years ago. Someone did make the comment to me just the other day. It may be a kink but why not have some humour and fun with it.

El Guapo likes this.
  25. Joroincharge

Joroincharge Lock em up - 24/7/365!!

England
    Local Time:
    That is very kind of you. I shall never forget the help and assistance I got from you over the years when we were Mods together. To say nothing of the exasperation we and others shared re MS before @Jens finally woke up.

But we move forward. And on the whole I think CM is and always has broadly remained true to is Charter. There have been crises and problems of course over the years, and not only re MS, and doubtless there will be more to come, my personal feelings aside. I am saddened that @Jens is not now playing an active part now though: he IS the Chairman after all! And but for him the site would now be dead.

But there is an objective way of measuring, if you have the time. I don't. That is: when someone posts on a thread, check when he/she joined and do a sample analysis by year. What percentage of them are still here from the early years as opposed to the latter? And of those early joiners who have slipped away, when were they last seen? And similar questions. But would take a huge amount of analysis. Two cutoff dates would be significant: (1) when @Jens acquired the Ownership and (2) when @L-u-c-y became Co-owner.

El Guapo likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice