General Thoughts On Starting Out

Discussion in 'Novices and newbies' started by Biz Casual, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Biz Casual

Biz Casual New member

Kansas
    Local Time:
    2:07 PM
    There are several articles, posts, insights on finding the correct device, this is my take from my experience trying to find the correct cage. Several of the things I have read always redirect back to expensive devices and are from people with great insight and experience but that comes from a 24/7 lifestyle and are willing to invest in expensive products. Several people on post and boards with talk about their love of their custom made metal device. A custom made device is almost always going to fit the best. The problem is, many people experimenting with this type of play have no desire to spend several hundred dollars on a device. They never intend to make this a 24/7 lifestyle, it’s just a fun game to play over a weekend or for a week here and there. Their budget might be $25.00 - $150.00.

When starting to purchase devices I have found many people go at it blindly, choosing something that looks neat or sexy. It’s not unheard of for someone to buy 3-10 inexpensive Chinese ripoffs before they find something that fits. It’s also not unheard of for people to discover that some cages (not all) are interchangeable. They might have a ring that fits from one and a cage from another. If you have a firm understanding of your sizing, you can speed up the process. Nothing stinks more than waiting for a device only to find out its unwearable.

Metric system- just about everything in sizing is going to be in mm. If you are from the US find an online conversion program. I use google and it seems to work fine.

You’re likely if you are going to start with a less expensive model and be using what is commonly called a ball trap device. A ring goes around the base of your testicles and shaft and connects to a cage that slides up along the shaft. A ring too tight and your testicles could become damaged. A ring too loose and you could have a ball slip out (very painful I’m told). A cage too long and pee can hang out inside of it making a stink and cause hygiene issues including skin breakdown. A cage is too short and it can cause compression of the skin, not allowing it to breath properly. You also risk the chance of it becoming easier to escape from in a small cage. Since you are probably not buying a custom device and are going to be between sizes offered by the manufacturer, I would suggest going a little bigger on the ring and a little shorter on the cage.

Basic measurements- the two basic measurements that you are going to have is the diameter behind your testicles and penis. There is also the shaft length for the cage itself. Things I wish I would have paid more attention to in the beginning was taking accurate measurements of both. Take string, wrap it behind the scrotum and penis. Take the length and divide it by pi (3.14) that gives you your diameter. If you measured in inches plug that into an online converter and you get the mm. You will likely get something between 40mm-52mm, you might fall outside of that but the vast majority of people will find themselves in a ring around that size. Next measure your flaccid penis tip to base. The mistake (myself included) many people make when they take these measurements, is they do it once. Take it a few times. Your goal is to find your unexcited size. Don’t pull that string too tight and make sure the penis is flaccid. I really would encourage you to take it a few times throughout the day. Now that you have your measurements add a couple mm to that ring size and find a cage length that will be just as long as your flaccid penis. A couple more things I will note on measurements, first called ball gap. Ball gap is the room between the head of the cage and the scrotum. You’ve got a ring around your penis holding the balls in place, that cage is pressing down on the testicles, squeezing that scrotum. It's a balance, you don’t want to squeeze too hard, if it’s too tight your balls will feel like they are burning as that skin stretches out. If it’s too loose you risk a ball popping out, that shaft will also sit higher making it more noticeable under clothes. A lot of people think their ring is too small, it’s not, their ball gap is too small. Not all cages will let you adjust this measurement, with metal cages you can manually adjust it by bending them in place. It’s definitely the hardest measurement to find. If you are new to chastity I would suggest going a little bigger on the ball gap. The second thing is the circumference of your penis (just the shaft). You want a cage that is just about the same size, maybe a hair bigger than the flaccid penis. As you shop around avoid anything smaller than that. It will be painful and cause bruising.

Materials- There are several posts on these that can explain it better. Metal seems to be the choice from several people. It’s strong, attractive, gives a sense of being inescapable. It’s also heavier, tends to be more expensive, and will shoot off metal detectors.

Silicon offers a little bit of give. It’s light, they tend to be on the cheaper side and come in a lot of colors. Their material also offers the ability to be hidden under clothes easier than some other materials. They are also hard to clean and can be cut with scissors (which might be a good thing for your situation).

Plastic- Wide range of plastics are used. If you plan on using one for any length of time make sure the plastics are safe. These are probably the most popular entry level materials, several manufactures come with different sizes in the same box so once you order you can play around with rings and spacers to find your fit. They come in several colors and some are clear. There are a wide range of designs and some are easier to keep clean than others. Most people start with plastic, a lot of people’s first device is a CBXXXX or a Chinese rip off of that device.Holy Trainer and The Vice are also popular choices for a first attempt.

Hygiene- Honestly when I first started I didn’t even think about hygiene. My wife and I would play for a couple days at a time and didn’t think much about it. It was not until I did my first week straight and was shoving q-tips down the shaft of a holy trainer device did I really grasp the importance of an easily cleaned device. When you purchase one, just be mindful of how you are going to keep that clean. Cages with bars are going to be a lot easier to clean than closed cages. Your penis will also sweat inside that solid plastic/ silicon cage. It’s going to get a bit funky. If you play for a weekend, it’s not going to hurt much to use a shower attachment to hose it down with some soap. Go a week and that's a different story. If your partner like to give oral sex, they are not going to want to give it to a penis that has been locked up for a week without a proper cleaning.

Lock- Three types of locks are used for most chastity devices. The standard padlock like you would see from master lock. The next is a lock blocker which was first designed to go in antique furniture locks to make them more secure. The last is plastic numbered locking tabs. There are two other methods I’ve seen people use for more permanent methods. One is to rivet the device shut (yeah drive rivets into a lock so it can’t be undone). The other is a product from Cherry Keeper called the Permalocker that fits in a lock block style lock. It is essentially a plastic tab that has to be drilled out if you want the belt off.

Personally I’m a fan of the lock blocker style of lock, with its low profile. My wife likes the feel of the click of the master lock. Those plastic tabs are great for travel. With most belts you won’t get to choose the style of lock but some brands do have adapters.

Lubrication- Finding a good lubrication for the base ring is important. Honestly, the best advice I have is to experiment. Find something that works for your skin type and won’t breakdown your device. Personally I just use lotion. I apply it more frequently than a silicon lube, but it’s handy and I can store it in public and nobody is the wiser and it’s inexpensive. Everyone is different I’ve seen all of these and tried a few:

Vaseline

Goldbalm

Silicon Lube

Lotion

Coconut Oil

Baby Oil

No lube

Products for diaper rash

Products for pregnant bellies

Aloevera

I would experiment. Try a few to see what works for you. Lube the base ring and keep your scrotum conditioned. I would avoid lubricating the penis, if you need help inserting it I would search for the stocking method.

Last thoughts, as fun as it is to put a device on and hand over the keys. Real life gets in the way of the fantasy. Don’t go too fast in the beginning a few hours at a time and keep doubling it until you get to 24 hours. Too much too soon can cause frustration and for you to give up before the fun begins. Have a key on you or within reach until you can wear the device for a full day uninterrupted. After this point you might hand over the key but I would suggest being unlocked by keeping on doubling it 24,48, 96 then I would go to 168 hours (1 week). After each of those is finished the device needs to be removed and inspected. Check for any redness, chafing, sores, bruising, swelling of skin, anything that does not look right. If you find something let yourself heal before you proceed. I know it’s tempting to power through the pain. Don’t, that’s sensitive equipment down there. While it’s healing it gives you an opportunity to find out what caused the issue. Was it the body just toughening skin? Does something need to be adjusted on the device? Should you sand something down? Is this device working for you? Something that didn’t bother you at 48 hours might be killing you at 96. Also try to plan for your first overnight lockup to occur when you don’t work the next day. You will be woken up a lot. Burning scrotum is not uncommon the first few nights until your body adjusts to it.

Once you get to a week with no issues then you hit a crossroads on what to do. Several people will go longer than this. If that’s what you want to do, I would still suggest getting let out once a week for cleaning not only yourself but the device. If you have a cage that is more accessible to cleaning, maybe you and your partner want to go longer. With the right device you could go much longer.

This is just stuff I picked up from experience and things I learned on the web. You could dive much deeper into all of this stuff. But it’s all stuff I think people need to consider before ever investing money and putting anything on. I believe you can find a comfortable device that can be worn for a long time without breaking the bank. The important thing is you and your partner play safe, be hygienic and have fun during the process from searching for a device, working through the trial period to that click of the lock when they take the key for the first time.

For this of you who have been locked for a while do you agree or disagree? Any other things to take into consideration?

2. King Hippo

King Hippo Long term member

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    3:07 PM
    I am not going to lie... this was way to long for me to read....

If you are starting out what I would suggest is...

-Picking a Material you want your device.
    -Getting a cheaper device first that has modular options.
    ---Multiple Rings possibly with different shapes
    ---Possible Gap Adjustment between Ring and Device
    ---Possible different cage/tube lengths
    -----Get something smaller than you think you need

I would get it off Amazon with 2-Day shipping since it is just a cheap device....

If you find out you like it a lot go get a premium device like a Mature Metal.

3. jvabox

jvabox jvabox

Local Time:
    1:07 PM

4. StubHub

StubHub Long term member

Retired
    Central iowa
    Local Time:
    Chastehubs and Fellow traveler like this.
  5. LesterBallard

LesterBallard Long term member

Management
    United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    8:07 PM
    my first thought on starting out is "have fun and enjoy it".

6. billzboats

billzboats 63rd birthday

Groundskeeper
    US
    Local Time:
    I am pretty much a newby but totally agree.

7. dgbeach

dgbeach New member

Australia
    Local Time:
    3:07 AM
    Thanks for the clarity on the gap. It explains some problems I have been having with the fit. I have just started my chastity journey. Only a couple of weeks in. The first couple of times on was a learning experience in getting the ring size right - ego versus reality !! It felt really awkward but having worked through the gap setup and mimicking Kink3d spacing it is quite comfortable. I started in a silicone cage - off the shelf - and now I understand the dimensions better am now looking to upgrade.

8. Thomas Gangman

Thomas Gangman Long term member

IT Consultant
    Northern New Jersey USA
    Local Time:
    The OP did a real great job with all the tips provided. One of the best explanations for any newcomer tp chastity. My personal experience:

Start out with multiple short time confinements. Gradually increase the time over a few weeks to get to understand the feeling and adjustments needed. This also allows the skin on your body to toughen a little to take long term confinement.

Don't buy a device too big, snug is really best. Also, my best device is a knock-off bought for $23.00, fits best and never had a problem.

Pain and burning sensations are warnings and should not be ignored. I once developed an ingrown hair under the ring and just thought I needed to take it like a man. It felt worse and mentioned it to my wife who unlocked me and saw the mark. The hair after it was pulled out was close to an inch long and the spot took a few weeks to heal. A friend ended up with a rash, turned out the soap was trapped under the plastic and also needed time to heal.

Hygiene is the most important and being cut I don't have the same issues as people with a foreskin. Switching to a metal bar device make cleaning very easy and I can handle long lockups without removing the device

Andy80, jemima, justme6819 and 2 others like this.
  9. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    yes you rigt and a little pimple thing will come up and it take ages and ages to go away. to stop them coming you needs to use some scrub gloves after you shave and then they wont come again.

dgbeach likes this.
  10. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    A very informative post by the OP,

I second cherry keeper, a good low cost potion to get a custom cage. But I think for anyone starting with chastity is as other have said to, get your self a cheap cb knock off from Amazon or eBay, you can get them as cheap as under £20, and use it to work out you sizing options, base ring, spacing ect and then take it from there.

11. sissywannabe2

sissywannabe2 Member

Australia, Queensland
    Local Time:
    5:07 AM
    Thank you. This is most educating and helpful

12. dgbeach

dgbeach New member

Australia
    Local Time:
    3:07 AM
    I agree with the concept of low cost experimentation. My first was a great thrill but very ill fitting. A few days ago I received my online order for a couple of low cost models. The difference in style and fit and profile is rewarding. I also realised I needed to go down a size to get a snug fit. So back online tonight ... before I buy a custom.

13. StubHub

StubHub Long term member

Retired
    Central iowa
    Local Time:
    Don't rush yourself into a custom cage. Spend some time testing and learning.

dgbeach likes this.
  14. jan34c

jan34c New member

retail manager
    US
    Local Time:
    I have some suggestion for the first lock-up. This can be very exciting for your submissive it can also be a bit cumbersome. When Started out with my submissive one of my girlfriends gave me some good advice. She told me that when I buy him his first cock cage I should also get at least two pair of handcuffs. I took her advice and used the cuffs when I put him in the cage for the first time. I explained to him it was necessary to emphasize my control over his cock. I had him take all his clothes off and then I cuffed him in front and attached the cuffs to a hook that is on one of the wooden pillars in my "playroom." He was totally compliant. I had told him I'd be shavingmhim as well so I did that next. Once he was smooth I let hs arms down and took the cuffs off and had him put the cck ring on himself which did rather quickly as he had been used to wearing them. Then the cuffs went back on and his arms were suspended. I used some lube ad when I put it on his cock I stroked him just enough to have him start getting hard. Then I slid the cage on. Without the hair and with the lube it was easy. I secured the lock, put the key on a chain around my next and released him from the pillar. I asked him how it felt and he said it was a bit heavy but that he liked the fact that he was under my control. I told him I'd let him out on a regular basis to clean the cage and give him the opportunity to cum. My girlfriends have told me to make sure he's cuffed before I take the cage off so we do that first. One of the pairs of handcuffs has a longer chain between them which allows him to easily stroke his cock. Now he's in the cage most of the time. He had to get used to sleeping with it and in addition to that, wearing it under a diaper and plastic panties. He also has to wear it for his spankings which required some special adaptation. He's often on a leash attached to his collar. Now with the cock cage I also have a lead I can attach to the cage. More on that later. Wearing a cock cage is a lot more than just wearing it. It involved a change of life style which I'll describe in future posts.

Open2njoy, anasyrma and Just a guy like this.
  15. Andy80

Andy80 Long term member

United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    I thought the OP did a great job here - yes quite long but very informative.

I am a big fan of open metal cages because it's so much easier to keep clean without removal.

I certainly did the 'buy 3 to 10 inexpensive Chinese devices' thing along the way. Or maybe it was nearer 6. Anyway, 5 were pretty much useless, but one fitted me really well. The problems I found were poor build quality (e.g. rough edges) and that most seem too large, more for showers than growers like me. The only reason I didn't stick with the one I like was a really wanted a device with a PA attachment that works with the position of my piercing, which therefore meant custom.

I would advocate that if you have really got into the chastity lifestyle and are in 24/7, then custom is still the way to go. My custom Male Chastity Now (which I think is one of the more reasonably priced custom devices and has great customer service) fits me so perfectly, better than anything 'off the shelf. But I only went custom after several years.

container store likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice