Gender Journey Phase Three

Discussion in 'Journals and blogs' started by riki1, Dec 29, 2009.

?

What gender do you feel most comfortable thinking of yourself as being a member of?

1. Male Gender

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Female Gender

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Third Gender

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
Random Thread
  1. riki1

riki1 owned by Wife

Local Time:
    6:05 AM
    A big part of my recent journey is about understanding where i fit on the gender continuum. I realize this isn't the kind of stuff that is very exciting. its certainly not going to get anyone, including me, hot and bothered like talking about roleplay or cb or frilly things . . . but i've found it to be a very important grounding question for me.

i have enjoyed being en femme, both voluntary and enforced, and i have definitely appreciated being separated from my penis via cb. i even explored the possibility of sex reassignment when i was in college back in the 70s. Nothing seems to quite fit the bill . . . because concurrent with all this i maintain a very satisfying male face, with many traditional male friendships and activities.

What to do?

i've had to conclude that i am something of a mixture of the two, neither male nor female, or perhaps both . . . of course, having said that i can hear a chorus of 'isn't everybody'. But there are qualities both in mind, spirit and even some physical that shout out for a different definition. An alternative third gender in my case.

That said, i wonder if others have confronted this dilemma. And i wonder even more what other subs and sissies have concluded about themselves.

So i am posting a poll for subs, sissies and others of our ilk. You get three choices. Male gender, female gender, third gender.

And here's a definition of gender that might help you decide: Gender is the wide set of characteristics that are seen to distinguish between male and female entities, extending from one's biological sex to, in humans, one's social role or gender identity. As a word, it has more than one valid definition. In linguistics, it refers to characteristics of words. In ordinary speech, it is used interchangeably with "sex" to denote the condition of being male or female. In the social sciences, however, it refers specifically to social differences such as gender roles.[1] The World Health Organization (WHO), for example, uses "gender" to refer to "the socially constructed roles, behaviors, activities, and attributes that a given society considers appropriate for men and women".[2] People whose gender identity feels incongruent with maleness or femaleness sometimes refer to themselves as "intergender." Some cultures have separate sets of gender-related social roles (distinct from those for men and women) for certain types of intergendered people, such as those covering the hijra of India and Pakistan.

What gender do you feel most comfortable thinking of yourself as being a member of?
    Male gender, female gender or third gender

2. PT109

PT109 Senior Member

Local Time:
    11:05 AM
    I guess I'm about 75% male and 25% female. I enjoy being a man but am bored to death with lengthy discussion about team sports or monumental physical challenges (Iron man BS). I enjoy cross dressing but hate to gossip. I love the thrill of submission to a feminine icon and love to basque in the retro world of women's lingerie. You could put me in the third gender department but that sounds like it is rejecting both male and female and I love being some of each.

3. maid katrin

maid katrin chaste sissy maid

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I know that not everyone feels comfy when i considering myself as a female ... i know this from my experiences, but i definitely do. It is not just that i like to dress feminine, this is rather a way to express myself but there are many more things that one would traditionally asign to females - i am emotional, gentle and docile, i like gossips, i like to cook and doing housework, i could spend hours and hours shopping, i am a chatterbox and yes, there is nothing that makes me feel like a man.
    I know, many men have one or the other traits being listed above and not every genuine woman would say that the whole package applies to her. So does that all makes me female? It's not subject to my judgement and yes, there is still my lacking of a full functioning female anatomy. But who says that anatomy is the only criteria to be assigned to certain gender? I think that my emotions and feelings have equal rights and are for me crucial when deciding to which gender i feel myself belonging - female!

Hugs, maid katrin

4. lauren1fem

lauren1fem Gurl

Local Time:
    4:05 AM
    I'm a male trapped in a male body with a female frame; however... If it weren't for the male plumbing I'd totally be female, but my body tends to define me to a large extent and I can't get around that reality.

It defines me by being a male body.
    It also defines me by the fact that my body is slender, sleek and somewhat more female in build than it is male.
    It defines me by how I feel in it.
    It defines me by how others see me.​

To sum it up, I think my physique defines my personality and has made me love to dress and act feminine. It's the part I like most about myself and She is who I identify with the most, not him. I do love her indeed.

5. PT109

PT109 Senior Member

Local Time:
    And you look like a million bucks dressed up in your girl clothes. (I don't mean male dear, dear).

6. Rachel

Rachel Owned by Mistress Michelle

Local Time:
    i agree wholeheartedly with Lauren. i am of similar build, slight and slender. My actions aren't REAL manly though i do tend to talk like a man would, i.e., words chosen, inflection on those words, those kinds of things. My emotions are more female then male and i tend to show them as women do not hide them as a man does. i would say in my current situation i am 75% female and 25% male. That being said it could just as easy be 99% female and 1% male if i didn't feel like i was the only person in the world that felt the way i did when i was young. Anyone that is around my age, 54, can relate to this as when we were young it just wasn't acceptable to be this way or to even talk about it. While it is still a challenge in this day and age it is much improved. Now what nails this decision down for me is if i could would i live the rest of my life as a female? Only if my wife, my family and hers would accept me for what i truely am. Would i live my the rest of my life as a male sissy maid? YES but i am not sure if giving up my wife and kid would be worth it. but what happens to a wrinkly old sissy? So the answer for me is 3rd gender as i can do that and not lose my family.

MM's confused sissymaid
    rachel

7. riki1

riki1 owned by Wife

Local Time:
    thanks to all those who have voted so far. these results are very very interesting. anyone else surprised by the results?

8. maid katrin

maid katrin chaste sissy maid

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Yes riki, i am. I just wonder why we have 15 votes so far but just 5 have revealed what they voted and why ... well, on second thoughts i am less surprised as i thought ...

maid katrin

9. sissy moan

sissy moan fluffing cucky maid

sissy maid
    Austria, Krems
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Judging my body and my usual bahavior in public i should rate me to be about 70% male, 30% female and another 20% submissive but in privat it would be 55% male, 45% female and 80% submissive. And according to my sexuality it would be maybe just 1% male and 99% female and 100% submissive... So i guess i should be called a pantysexual slut like dollyanne.

In fact i don't know whether i have to talk about myself as a man, a woman or a third gender. But i know that i love to serve a Mistress who enjoys having sex with real Studs. And i feel absolutely appropriate addressed when Everybody calls me just Her sissy: Neither a male nore a female or any third gender but something pathetic in between.

10. riki1

riki1 owned by Wife

Local Time:
    Oh thats IT !!!!

Yes, dear moan, thats exactly why i feel neither male nor female but some DELICIOUS blend OR non-blend of something that becomes OTHER than either. Third gender is probably just a way of saying theres MANY other genders, like a third and a fouth and a fifth and sixth and how many of us are there anyway.

11. riki1

riki1 owned by Wife

Local Time:
    Thank you to everyone who voted in this poll. Seems we are a varied lot.

12. ladylionzsissy

ladylionzsissy male chastity sissymaid

east coast
    Local Time:
    i feel i've always been at the 50/50 point, but flex in-and-out of the male/female roll depending on the situation. at work more than 90% male. at home, more than 80% female with the residual male part to handle life's responsiblities (yard work, carpentry, plumbing, electric... i think the kind reader gets the idea). i push more when serving and under certain circumstances have the 'breakthrough' to 95-100%.

13. sophia

sophia Senior Member

Local Time:
    12:05 PM
    I am always female when at home. Dress or skirt every day. I have found that i am happy when cooking and doing housework. I am too emotional also... Sexually i am definately female, i mean in how i behave and react.
    Unfortunately i have to play the male role now and then. It bores me. Like maid katrin i can only vote female.

sophia

14. TGNadine

TGNadine Naughty teasing Tgirl

Local Time:
    4:05 AM
    Gender is a funny thing. There is always this what came first, chicken or egg. Is the Tgenderness caused by heredity, prenatal hormones, early life experiences, all three, something else? What's interesting is when you consider how diverse life really is. Ever hear of superwomen.....XXY. Or how about fetus that develop both genitalia, and when the baby is born the doctor decides, "Yep, it's big enough, this ones a boy, let's sew it up." Or the doctor decides, "Hmmm, kinda smallish, a little snip here or there and wahla, a girl." Does the doctor always get it right, No! There are plenty of cases where people think they are girls until puberty hits and then the voice changes and hair starts growing where no girl wants it to. Of course, nobody really wants to discuss these things. They'd rather put us all in a box, Male and Female. How about the boy who is born after a long line of girls. Shortly after giving birth to a girl, mom gets pregnant. Genetically, it's going to be a boy, but the womb is swimming with female hormones left over from sister. Genitals form properly or maybe not, but figure is girlish and frail. Now let's examine children that for all intents genetically they are right, and physically they are right too, but mom wanted a girl, not a boy. So, she treats him like a girl, buying dollies instead of trucks, and flouncy pjs instead of GIJoe.

It's obvious to me, male and female just isn't enough. But, you'll never get the census report to offer 14 differnt genders......nobody collecting statistics wants that...just check male or female, please.

BTW, Katrin, I love that you consider yourself female.

15. PT109

PT109 Senior Member

Local Time:
    That was a well thought out discussion of gender Nadine. I don't think most people realize just how arbitrary doctors have been when making these kind of decisions or how often they have been and are being made. There is a great book by Natalie Angier called "Woman" that further explains much of what you said. I think it should be required reading for adolescents.

16. riki1

riki1 owned by Wife

Local Time:
    oh! there's been a 'spurt' of male gender identity in the poll. but those boys don't seem to be posting . . . what's that about? Please come out of your caves!

17. Rachel

Rachel Owned by Mistress Michelle

Local Time:
    riki remember when we were boys. We or at least i didn't talk about such things. Now though since i have gotten a grip on my "woman" hood it is OK to have deep seated discussions about how you feel way down deep inside. Quite liberating actually. The only reason i didn't go with female is i have to spend too much time in male mode in order to fit into societies constraints. i definately FEEL more female inside then male.

MM's sweetpea
    rachel

18. enigmaPOJ

enigmaPOJ Member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Let's see, I'm 6ft 7in tall, look male with body hair, young looking skin for my age, and high hipbones of a female body. At work I'm male, at home somewhere in the middle, probably more female than male and my sexual energy is mostly female. (My wife says I'm a lesbian trapped in a male body and she's probably right.) Fortunately she loves who I am and we consider both out ourselves as "Gender Fluid".

-enigma

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice