Gap between cage and ring

Discussion in 'Novices and newbies' started by Conrad3, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Conrad3

Conrad3 Long term member

Epos Engineer
    Bucks
    Local Time:
    3:59 PM
    I keep on hearing about the gap between ring and cage what is the reason why.

2. Headtrip

Headtrip Long term member

Midwest USA
    Local Time:
    11:59 AM
    Pretty new here, but I can answer this one already: It is what keeps the cage locked on your body. Too big of a gap and your testicles will pop back through and you can get the cage off. Too small and you can get some nasty pinching (I have experienced both). The final gap is trial and error for many. I have found that under 12-14mm at the largest gap is too small and will result in serious pinching. But a recent try at a plastic cage (water skiing in cold water) I discovered that the gap can flex up to 30mm, and at that point (and with the shrinkage that cold water brings on), out they came one by one. Everyone is different and you may need less or more. Oh, and the minimum gap (around the sides) is also important (at least to me). I had a few CCC's where this area reduced to only 5-8mm and skin would easily get wedged in there (consider that the whole assembly naturally will try to work its way off, or you will try to work back out, either way there is going to be some pinching going on).

One more thing: I have found the tightest gap that does NOT result in pinching is better (regardless of the escape issue). If the gap is big enough your testicle tries to wedge through during shrinkage events, and getting half way stuck is much more painful that not getting wedged in at all.

Hope that helps.

3. sissyfifi68

sissyfifi68 Active member

Local Time:
    Also if that gap is to small, it can cause very unpleasant nerve irritation, these could feel like like an electric shock endlessly repeating. This has happened to me and took a few hours to kick in. It was unbearable. I think Headtrip nailed it, you want the gap as small as possible while remaining comfortable.

Jack In A Cage likes this.
  4. Jack In A Cage

Jack In A Cage Member is caged

Self-employed
    New York
    Local Time:

I had this but mine felt like the bottom of my scrotum was burning, and it was only after like an hour, it was not pleasant.

5. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    And you will find the longer you are locked the more you can reduce that gap, I use only a 5mm space between my ring and cage now.

6. Conrad3

Conrad3 Long term member

Epos Engineer
    Bucks
    Local Time:
    One more question where do you measure from the ring I have is one of tose anatomical ones that are slightly curved if I measure form the top of the ring from inside to cage its 12mm

7. luckyhubby83

luckyhubby83 Long term member

Local Time:
    10:59 AM
    for me. if the gap was too small, my erections would not go away. the kink in the penis would act like a cock ring and awake me every 15 min while sleeping.
    i bent the steel cage a bit and the gap is now large enough to slip my balls out but i can wear it 24/7 without issue. im going to try and bend it back a bit to see if i can close the gap enough to not let a ball slip.

8. JosieLynn Jewell

JosieLynn Jewell Long term member

Michigan, USA
    Local Time:
    When I design a cage with an Ergonomic ring, I measure from the bottom of the cage ring to the inside point on the base ring. I've attached a picture showing what I mean - in the attachment, the gap would be listed as 15.1mm

Attached Files:

9. Guest 3319

Guest 3319 Banned

Local Time:
    10:59 AM
    Yes but where my problem occurs is at the center of the cage and ring in your diagram. As you can see the gap narrows even more than the 15 mm measurements you indicate. Yes it chafes and burns like hell after a while

10. JosieLynn Jewell

JosieLynn Jewell Long term member

Michigan, USA
    Local Time:
    So, go with a flat / non-ergonomic ring - that will not have the narrow-ness on the side you have a problem with.

11. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    #11 bondinchas, Aug 29, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    Be aware of the geometry, and what the "gap" means.
    The usual definition is the separation distance perpendicularly between the planes of the base ring and the tube ring.

But it's not that simple.
    If you increase or decrease either ring size, and keep the "gap" the same, then the change in diameter will change the distance between the rings at the central lowest point. So a gap that suits you on one device, may need to be different on a device with a different sized ring or rings.

The "effective gap" is the distance between the rings at the lowest point, which isn't the same as the perpendicular distance, as that measured line is at an angle to the plane of the rings.
    It's that gap that needs to be big enough to not cause pinching, and not too large as to not prevent your testicles slipping through.

If the two rings are not the same diameter (they usually are not) then the "effective gap" will have a maximum size at the central lower point, reducing to become the same as the "gap" at the top, where the arcs of the rings are together.
    This explains why some devices can pinch a lot, as the different diameters produce a wedge shaped gap narrowing from bottom to top, which can squeeze your sensitive bits if the rings and scrotum rotate relative to each other. It also explains why regularly applying a little lubrication can be a much better solution than trying to obtain the "perfect gap" - it's not the size of the gap that's the problem, but the shape of it.

I've often thought that devices might be much more comfortable if the two rings had a common centre, rather than having the circumferences offset and parallel at the top.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice