Flat spots

Discussion in 'Journals and blogs' started by Burger_01, Feb 8, 2010.

Random Thread
  1. Burger_01

Burger_01 Chastity Geek

Local Time:
    1:05 AM
    I don't even know where to start this post. I should inform people who love following the blogs that I don't really blog consistently and just when I feel I need to.

Well.. I feel I need to.

The last few days my wife and I have been in a really down place. We just both seem to be constantly on eachothers nerves, and I'm not even sure why. I'm pretty sure I'm stressed because she's stressed (at work), but there are other factors, like we just spent all our money on a newish car, which is lovely, but now we're broke.

Anyway.. her period is just about due too, so she's really getting crazy and it's about now that it gets to the point where I feel like I can't say ANYTHING without risk of being taken to pieces with irrational woman logic of the "its all your fault" type. This makes me feel so horrible, like I'm unloved and unable to love at the same time.

We hit quite a big lump last night, when we went to bed early "for some cuddles" when what she really wanted was for me to get on top and screw her in a manly fashion. She didn't mention this to me at all, and when I didn't second guess it, attention turned to me which was a let down for us both. I'm way out of practice at manly sex, and I don't last anywhere near long enough to satisfy her, but I still would have tried if I'd known that was what she wanted.

Finally, her job is both important to her, and waayy too demanding on her time. She generally works 9hrs a day, but at the moment its more like 16hrs, She's a new manager and one of her staff has been sick for most of the month, which means she's pretty much doing two jobs, for half the pay of her predecessor. Sounds like a crap situation because it is, but the department she is managing is an excellent place for her to develop as a manager, it's just in a really turbulent time at the moment and has been through a few staff. We keep thinking this will settle down and the stress will lessen, but the light is always just out of reach. The upshot of all of it is that all she ever talks about it work, because when you work 16hrs a day, the only thing you can do is work. We went out for a walk tonight and work was pretty much the only topic we discussed. That's really draining on me and makes me feel bad.

We're still in love and everything, but at the moment its not a fun time, despite the fact it really should be. We have good lives and a nice house and awesome family, but theres so much tension in our relationship that no one is having a good time.
    Hopefully it'll get better soon.. until then just have to grin and bear it.

2. tiffiny

tiffiny Senior Member

Local Time:
    9:05 AM
    Burger,
    I feel for you as Ms. Linda and I have been there many times over the years. There have been times [fights] where one [or both] of us have thought "is this worth staying together?" And for us for the most part has been just "tell it like it is." And then sit down and figure out what can be done to lessen the the arguing caused by stress.

The one thing that I have come to think of first when the stress gets up there is how important is it in life?. Does it really make a difference? Does it mean that much? And if all else fails,,,, Have your wife lay down on the bed and give Her a REALLY good back rub.. THAT ONE works wonders..lol.

Hope all go's well for you and your Wife.. Just remember though Burger,,,, YOU AND YOURS ARE NOT ALONE....

tiff

3. Burger_01

Burger_01 Chastity Geek

Local Time:
    1:05 AM
    Thanks Tiff,

I know we aren't alone.. and it comes and goes by the day around here. Some days are fantastic, then we'll just fall in a heap. It's great to hear that you guys are doing well though.

Sigh, We're working at it all the time, one day things will be excellent (nearly) all the time.

4. tiffiny

tiffiny Senior Member

Local Time:
    9:05 AM
    Burger, idk how up front the two of you are in telling/letting the other know just what it is that is bothering one another, but I DO KNOW that holding things in just cause's things to get blown out of proportion. And when they finally do get said, there is a lot of anger that comes with it. The one thing Ms. Linda and I have learned in the past few months is to say whats on one's mind as soon as one feels it. Holding things in just allows it to fester. We have found that a "ripple" on the pond is far easier to ride then a "tidal-wave".

tiff

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice