Fitness anyone?

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by tomf_22033, Oct 6, 2022.

1. tomf_22033

tomf_22033 Long term member

VA USA
    Local Time:
    10:28 AM
    Does anyone else want to talk about fitness?

I bring it up for several reasons. One, Over the last few months I've been working with a trainer to get back into decent shape. And two Ms @L-u-c-y many moons ago posted about her ideal submissive. And one of the things was the comparison of the typical out of shape old guy behind a computer vs a fit guy being of service. And Three, I know many of us struggle with diet, exercise and living a healthy lifestyle.

So I thought I'd start this thread and see if anyone else is interested and what you have in mind.

In my case I put a lot of weight in following a workplace violence incident. After the crime my employer treated me bad even though I saved several lives. Worse they fought my workman's comp case. Anyway, after over five years of legal battles and a few more rebuilding my career I'm doing better financially and professionally. Mentally, I've been working hard and trying to put this PTS(D) into remission. And as I mentioned above over the last few months I've started to work on my physical fitness and general health.

So I thought this might be a good place to help each other. To discuss fitness and how it relates to our lives, and how we deal with it, and of course to encourage each other.

That said, I do two days a week, Monday and Friday with a trainer, and I've been struggling to add another day or two of cardio in. I do walk my dog daily so that's good for mental health and lately we've been going longer so that's good for the physical side of things.

Overall my diet is ok. I'm working on cleaning it up more. And I know the more I workout the more I work on my diet as my body craves good stuff and really starts getting sick at the thought of junk and candy which I don't eat much of.

Who's next? Anything you want to share? Fun workouts? Things your KH makes you do? Goals?

subhubandy and Dianna1395 like this.
  2. IB-Chaste

IB-Chaste Chastity Superman.

Local Time:
    3:28 PM
    I’ll talk about fitness. My own fitness I guess. My training regime (or lack of) probably won’t be of much assistance to anyone else.

In my previous life I lived around an hour or more from where I do now. It was only an accidental mishap that eventually led to me meeting my wife and moving so far from home. In truth, it was the best decision I ever made. My history in my previous location was not full of good memories and a clean break was exactly what I needed.
    You can’t however, force a clean break from some aspects of your life. Work were reluctant to transfer me across and I found myself travelling up to 3 hours a day just for work alone. This obviously had financial implications as fuel certainly doesn’t come cheap. Legal battles with me ex over the children, social service involvement, police involvement all added up to great deal of stress. I was rarely sleeping.
    Eventually I bit the bullet and took time off from work. I couldn’t carry on as I was…

It’s when you stop and reflect that you see where you are in life. I needed something to help.

Fitness!

I spent months off work (they couldn’t even give me the courtesy of a transfer so I was in no rush to go back and do them favours). I spent my time working on myself. I massively increased my calorie count.
    Gym 8-10 times a week.
    Cycling anywhere between 30 and 75 miles twice a week.
    Swimming.
    Running.
    By the time I returned to work... Yes, apparently paying someone a full salary and doing nothing about the problems was enough to force my transfer… I was the best shape of my life. I was also super tanned which was nice! I looked and felt incredible.

Sadly, back to the day to day my routine slipped. Im naturally lean so have to work hard to maintain weight.
    I weighed myself recently as my wife had the scales out. She’s on a diet. I’ve lost at least 2 and half stone of muscle.
    It appears that living my life in chastity has the same affect on my body as extreme bouts of pressure and stress. This doesn’t concern me as knowledge is a wonderful thing, now I know which way this is leading I’m well equipped to change my diet, increase my calorie intake and sort out the downward spiral. Work wise I’m on the go for at least 9 hours a day and I don’t like to stop when I’m at home.
    Who knows. I may even get back to the gym one day. Now I have solid routines for most of my chores I have far much more free time again, the tasks are kept up well and they don’t take much time at all. I still get out running or cycling once a week.

For now, as I mentioned my wifes diet, my role is to assist her. I prepare good meals. I give her the time to train - although cardio is not her thing.
    We work out with weights at home.
    She has problems with back pain, she’s seen a physio who diagnosed the cause to be related to her pregnancy a few years ago. He handed her a one page flyer of some mediocre stretches my gran wouldn’t have a problem doing.
    I discussed the parts of her body she wants to work on and considered her need to improve her core strength. I’ve come up with a full training regime just for her. We do those together… or at least i watch longingly as she moves her body around in tight clothing. Some perks. I’m by no means a professional trainer but doing something is better than nothing…

So far, we have not linked my fitness to chastity at all so all that is probably irrelevant.

3. tomf_22033

VA USA
    Local Time:
    Congrats on taking time to make serious changes. Bummer on them not becoming permanent. Unfortunately life has a way of having major impacts on our lives. I know you know this, but if I can off you and anyone else reading this one thing, it's to do your best each day. Hopefully you and yours will find what's best for you.

As I say that, I'm doing the same. My partner has started making adjustments to her diet and activity and is exercising again. So it's really nice to see. In my own case, I work with a trainer on Mondays and Fridays. I walk the rest of the week. It's been good.

This week I added time on the bike. And I'm hoping I can follow it up with two sessions next week. A today I did a warmup on the treadmill at the gym. Then worked with the trainer. So I feel good. I'll shower now, have a good breakfast then do some work. For my break I'll walk the dog.

This weekend I'll take it easy. Then back at it hard again on Monday.

IB-Chaste likes this.
  4. flip__26

flip__26 Long term member

Ireland
    Local Time:
    2:28 PM
    IB-Chaste, do you cycle in your belt/cage?

tomf_22033 likes this.
  5. tomf_22033

VA USA
    Local Time:
    I Have in the past. But nothing serious. Just exercise and mountain biking for fun and fitness.
    Currently I'm unlocked as I got a PA and am in the process of gauging it up.

6. flip__26

Ireland
    Local Time:
    I do similar distances on the road bike to IB-Chaste (typically 50km to 80km at a time, three or four times a week) and it's easy enough to get saddle sore as it is. I've never tried it in my cage.

7. IB-Chaste

IB-Chaste Chastity Superman.

Local Time:
    I haven’t done those distances since I’ve been caged, it’s hard between working and looking after a toddler to find the time for serious routes. When I’m on my bike these days I don’t really have an issue. My wife made pretty damn sure I wasn’t going to find any reason for me to remove it… remember the first time I went swimming and she was just like “nope, it’s staying on”!
    Honestly, I don’t even realise it’s there most of they one these days.

8. Chastebank

Chastebank Active member

Local Time:
    8:28 AM
    I have been successful in an 20 hour fast and 4 hour consumption eating cycle with one 24 hor fast a week. Along with 4 days of elliptical and rowing fo 45 minutes.

9. notbeinfringed85

notbeinfringed85 Active member

Electrician and First Responder
    Kentucky
    Local Time:
    I like to pick up heavy stuff and put it back down.

tomf_22033 likes this.
  10. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    There's no need to go barmy
    remember all excess weight went in through your mouth. Obesity is a self-choice I'll accept no argument on that

Going for reasonable walk everyday or even other day is very good for you and does not over stress your body... do seek advice before starting.. do what you can and it will get easier as the lard slowly reduces

The longer the list of ingredients on the food you buy then the less likely it is to be good for you

Eat less to save money and prolong your life

11. flip__26

Ireland
    Local Time:
    there's a difference between being a healthy weight and being fit though, you can have one without the other but some people want both. and medical advice generally recommends that vigorous exercise has a greater effect.

tomf_22033 likes this.
  12. tomf_22033

VA USA
    Local Time:
    Have you ever experienced severe trauma? I have. And your RUDE comment isn't appreciated. I've worked too damn hard to recover. And it's been tough. But I'm doing great.

Going from being very active to being depressed and not active can and does result in fast weight gain. Having a bad diet while fighting my former employer for five years to get workman's Comp didn't help. And yes poor diet isn't only choice sometimes it's because we have to eat cheap to survive.

So buzz off. I'm working hard. My weight is going down. I'm losing fat, and putting muscle on again. And yes, I'm exercising and eating much better.

Hence my post wasn't to get rude comments but rather to be helpful for others who want to discuss fitness. Some like having likeminded people to discuss their journey with. Some like encouragement. And some of us like helping each other when we can.

notbeinfringed85 likes this.
  13. notbeinfringed85

Kentucky
    Local Time:
    Cardio is a good. Weights are way more fun!

lockedUp24byKH and tomf_22033 like this.
  14. CagedJohn

CagedJohn Long term member

Missouri, USA
    Local Time:
    9:28 AM
    My job is quite physical and the risk of a hernia is quite real. In my early 40's now, so I take it seriously

first, diet. I try and limit my sugar, dont eat anything where flour is the main ingredient (except whole wheat bread on rare days where I get a deli sandwich), and never ever ever ever get too full. If you ever said you ate too much you just did a lot of harm to any weight loss

At work I almost always eat the same thing, 6 hard boiled eggs, a banana and a salad. You have to treat food as body fuel

look at it this way. when youre young you eat to fuel growth and activity. When you stop growing you need to change your relation with food or you will be unhealthy. I also do fasting one or two days a week. It's good to be a little hungry every once and a while

after work I used to do sit ups and push ups for hours with minimal gains, scouring youtube for better work out tips without anything standing out

until I found this guy

try some of his routines, find ones that work for you and give it a month

I saw results in 3 weeks and can now fit into jeans I wore in my 30's

Dianna1395 and tomf_22033 like this.
  15. notbeinfringed85

Kentucky
    Local Time:
    That’s a good workout. Don’t forget to know your limits and modify. Stronger everyday!

tomf_22033 and CagedJohn like this.
  16. tomf_22033

VA USA
    Local Time:
    I've been working to add a few more days in. Cardio isn't one of my favorite things but after getting Covid my lung capacity really dropped. So today I did a bunch of sprints on the stationary bike. I'm hoping a couple of days of this a week in addition to the other exercise I do will help me get some of my cardio capacity back!

CagedJohn and notbeinfringed85 like this.
  17. notbeinfringed85

Kentucky
    Local Time:
    My favorite “cardio” is heavy carries. Farmers carry will def get your your heart rate up. If you want to work your lats…try a suitcase carry. Use the google box for instructions.

tomf_22033 and CagedJohn like this.
  18. Shepherdsflock

Shepherdsflock Long term member

Local Time:
    20221014_185837.jpg I've been a cyclist for decades, and still am. But a few months ago I started boxing, and so far I really enjoy it.

19. notbeinfringed85

Kentucky
    Local Time:
    My KH does Muay Thai and I’m terrified of her. Good on you!

20. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:

I am no stranger to what people call trauma if you let it beat you then you will end up with two choices fight it or give in.

I do not see why you take my comments as negative they were written nothing other than good intentions.

You seem to be taking back control and I'm sure if you maintain self-discipline you will achieve your ambitions for yourself in good time. That you do not mention being supported through your endeavours is all the more to your credit

I was due compensation following a RT incident that took me 4 years to get a result on during which time and aslo subsequently I was unable to work so I can indentify with that struggle. We have a benefits system into which is funded through PAYE and national Insurance. When you are eligible to receive long term benefits it is means tested. If you do receive compensation your benefits are not penalised provided you can show that the compensation money is not spent on living expenses. You can buy a car but not food or a pay a bill.. weird but that's the way it is

I am presently on a low income and have been for just over a decade. I do not concur with those that maintain you can't eat healthily at at low cost. I have and do and should anyone need advice on this there are myriad web-sites and publications on this topic many of the latter being readily available at local lending libraries. Eating meaningfully does seem to be good idea and has certainly helped me

Again I stress that my comments were not intended to be rude they were intended to be helpful and supportive

Of course you can choose to take them any way you wish.. but I do genuinely wish you well

21. tomf_22033

VA USA
    Local Time:
    Thank you I appreciate the kinder words.

I took your original post as judgmental. I've worked hard in my recovery, and I'm working damn hard now to rebuild my career and to build on the progress I've made. I'm now at a place that my health and fitness are important to me again.

Mental health like physical health here in the US isn't something that our society does a good job of caring for. Actually we do a terrible job of it. Worse lots of money is spent on it and instead of seeing positive results we are seeing more and more negative ones.

I've chosen to not be like the majority of people. While I won't say I'm happy in life, I'm no longer depressed, and actually content. Happiness is coming and I have periods where I'm actually able to be happy again. So I know I'm going the right direction. My physical health needs work. I'm still over weight and will be for at least another year or two. I can't do much about how long it will take me. All I can do is stay committed to improving my exercise and diet and keep making progress. If I quit I'll never be fit again. But if I stay with what I'm doing, and keep making positive adjustments I'll reach my goals. I might even exceed them as I usually do.

Ironically, I saw the opposite yesterday and something that made me very sad. At my gym the trainer works with small groups. Unusually one on one, but sometimes we have two or three folks working with him at once in a "class". Yesterday, a new young lady joined us.

This young lady was probably in her mid 20s. Overall I'd say she was in ok shape. She wasn't fat, but she wasn't what I'd call fit or athletic. In other words she looked nice but it was clear she wanted to get a little fat off and get to being leaner.

Anyway, the sad thing is we always start with stretches. Right from the start it was clear that she wasn't going to "get it". The trainer slowed things down to show her each stretch. After doing one she'd stop. He'd have to tell her again, that we do two or three of each stretch.

After stretching we were working on squats. So we start with doing 10 squats to warm up. No biggie. Yes they can be annoying but we have to start someplace. She does them but it's clear she's not happy. Next we take a short breather and get a weight. The trainer gives me a heavy weight, and her a light one. One that's appropriate for a beginning female.

So he counts off the next set of squats. I'm doing mine and watching her. All seems fine. After the set, she says something to him. Then goes over to a corner of the area we're using and sits down. He asks her if she ok, and she says yes. He says if she's not he'll get help, and she should stop. She says something that indicates she's ok. He says she can do the squats without a weight and she says no and does the next set.

After the set she repeats and this time quits.

Now I try not to judge people. But it was clear this young lady clearly didn't get it, and she was mentally weak. I'm not sure what her deal was. So I'll commend her for joining us. What I don't get though is quitting. After quitting she went over to the exercise bikes.

Now I get squats are not everyone's favorite thing. I get stretching isn't either. Hell I'm not fond of them. But stretching is important, and squats are a great exercise.

I guess what I find sad about this is the giving up. I get most people quit. But usually most make it through the class then don't come back. This gal seemed to want to make it all about her and her dislike of what we were doing. That I don't get.

I'll tease the trainer if I don't like an exercise if we're working on on one. But not showing him respect and trying to make things about yourself seems rude and selfish to me.

I guess I'm mentioning this as I'm grateful that I'm not like that. I'm grateful the trainer is decent and spends times coming up with good workouts for us. And I'm glad I'm able to work with him. It's helping me.

As for food, we all have our own views on it. Mine I'll keep private, but I'll just say as I exercise more, I crave better food. I eat better and that makes me want to exercise more. It's just the way I am. Some say eat better first then worry about exercise. That's great if it works for others but it doesn't work for me.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week. I hope people are doing the best they can. And unlike that gal, I hope everyone finds things that will help them be fitter and healthier.

22. Shepherdsflock

Shepherdsflock Long term member

Local Time:
    @tomf_22033 I also struggle with PTSD. Not from a violent experience such as you experienced, though. Mine was from sexual and emotional abuse. But nevertheless, I can understand your struggles.

I actually made a very surprising discovery when I started boxing. Within a couple of weeks of starting it, I was experiencing way less PTSD symptoms (panic attacks and such, especially in situations that had always been triggering). I've discussed it with my therapist and we're both puzzled by it. His thoughts are that maybe the cross body movement I engage in is similar to what we have done in EMDR sessions. But I really don't know.

Not saying it's a cure-all for everyone, but I have been happily surprised by it. Sometimes exercising the body seems to be able to heal the mind.

23. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    i dose exersises as well and a lot of stretch ones and i am allow to use Mistress ballet barre as well and thats good for doing leg ones.

24. tomf_22033

VA USA
    Local Time:
    Boxing can be great.
    I've trained in martial arts for decades and it helped me survive the incident. Both while it was going on and after.

It's so ironic that most people don't get how important physical exercise is and how it helps us. Not just with weight control, but with mental stability, and all of the other benefits.

I'm also starting guitar lessons. I'm hoping that it'll help me with some brain stimulation and with the PTSD. I'm also hoping to get back to the dojo early next year. I took time off and I'm looking to get back to it. In the mean time I'm training at home and getting back into shape.

Shepherdsflock likes this.
  25. Peaches

Peaches "kinky guy"

Business owner
    South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Yes.

I have a very odd shaped body. My torso stores fat but my arms and legs do not. My wife says I'm potato shaped. Very encouraging.

I only weigh 190-200 pounds, if my fat was evenly distributed I would prob be pretty happy with my figure being 5' 11".

But since it all accumulates in my mid section it's been a point of contention with my self esteem.

I have been hitting the gym but I've been inconsistent. So I do really need to work on my consistency. Just trying to juggle running my business, and home life. It's a struggle.

Dianna1395 and tomf_22033 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice