First post (cage induced erectile dysfunction?)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Neu(t)rOnion Star, Jan 30, 2023.

1. Neu(t)rOnion Star

Neu(t)rOnion Star Active member

The Netherlands
    Local Time:
    8:51 AM
    Hi everyone,

I'm new to chastity and Chastity Mansion, I have a burning question that drove me to make an account on here. Note that English is not my native language so I hope I can express myself well enough, I also have difficulty keeping things short because to me it often feels like I'd miss important details for the full context otherwise (because of my autism I guess)

Anyway, I don't have a keyholder (yet) and wanted to try some cages on my own to get a feel for it and see what works for me. Before ordering a chastity cage I spent some days doing research online to make sure I'd make an informed choice (expecting of course that my first chastity cage will probably not be the right one). I knew I wanted a steel cage because of it's durability and hygiene. I've read a couple of blog articles like this one: https://www.malechastityjournal.com/living-with-chastity/getting-a-good-fit/ saying the cage tends to be too long in many cases causing a variety of problems and that most people can easily wear smaller cages (because the penis is quite compressible) - even of just one inch - and that it can prevent many problems, so since I think I have an average size penis (a bit more than 7cm in flaccid state) I figured 1.8 inch would be more than enough, so I bought a cage with a tube length of around 45 mm (1.8 inch): https://www.houseofdenial.com/products/steel-hod-s90s?variant=36116605825 (I also took the necessary measurements for the base ring which is also 45 mm).
    Looking back, a customizable cage such as The Vice might have been better than the one-size-fits-all cage that I bought, but I wanted to have a steel cage with integrated lock and this was the best I could find.

I put it on for 20 hours (which included sleeping) from around 18:00 friday till 14:00 saturday, here is the chain of events:

Putting it on was a somewhat difficult process because (I think partly due to the colder weather) balls were tight against each other and the balls did not or hardly hang down and the scrotum felt rough and not flexible (I think every man has this sometimes, don't know the name for it). After taking a (relatively long) hot shower, it was finally possible (although still with some difficulty) to get the scrotum in the right shape with the balls hanging so they could pass through the ring.

Once I had the ring and cage on however it actually felt fine, it was not too tight (I could get a finger in between scrotum and ring and no coloration took place). I noticed that much of the time (especially with erections) the glans pressed against the 'tip' of the construction and part of the glans stuck out and that protruding part became extra sensitive which I felt when it rubbed or pushed against something (such as a piece of clothing), but as I said, this did not bother me much, it did not hurt.

However during the night I woke up a couple of times (as expected) and noticed it becoming even more sensitive and I felt I had to be carefull in how I was lying in bed because touching it dit start to hurt a bit, I also noticed that part of my scrotum irritated a bit at the location of the ring, no severe pain but a clear slightly unpleasant signal that (together with that sensitive protruding part of the glans and some itching here and there) still continued in the morning, I interpreted all of this as that my body simply wasn't used to such a 'contraption' around my genitals and that it would adapt in time (which I regret now), in the early afternoon I had less trouble with it, but that was partly because I sat still more and had fewer erections and also somewhere in the last hour a ball had escaped that I only found out about at 2 p.m. so that at that moment I could remove the cage from my genitals quite easily without the key (which I did).

Another thing I think might have happened a couple of times (especially in the last hour after one ball escaped unnoticed) was that the penis pushed the cage forward a bit.

After I took off the cage (after 20 hours of wearing it) I noticed that part of the foreskin (which
    presumably occasionally pushed against the tip of that steel construction together with the glans) has become a lot thicker which actually resolved after a few hours but I guess is indicative of how tight it was, especially during erections.

However, the thing I'm worried about is the fact that from the moment I got it out of the cage I noticed that getting a full erection took a lot more effort, and even when I managed to get it hard it's not half as hard as it was prior to trying the cage, now fast forward 36 hours it's still the same. I do have to mention that I haven't masturbated in the past 2.5 weeks anyway (no sex either) as part of a nofap challenge (but also because I was busy), so maybe that also plays a role (?)

Did anyone else have similar kind of experiences? Dit it get better? What is a good estimation of the odds ratio that this is something psychological VS something physical? Can erectile tissue actually get damaged from 20 hours of wearing a cage even though I think I didn't really feel any significant amount of pain? I'm 27, I live very healthy and have never had any erectile issues before.

It's a bit frustrating that I can't really find any scientific data regarding the effects of chastity cages and we have to rely on anecdotes found on forums like this (with somewhat similar problems but often not similar enough) and what is generally known about the human body, not to mention all of the misinformation out there.

Also, a lot of what I read in forums when someone asks about if chastity could cause any problems (like erectile dysfunction) are responses like: 'as long as you have the right fitted cage it shouldn't cause any issues'....that sounds a bit like: 'as long as you're perfect there's no reason to worry' xD, and as you probably know by now my 'adventure' with this cage has been far from perfect XD, so I guess a better question would be: 'How easy is it and what does it take to cause any of those issues?'

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

King Hippo likes this.
  2. King Hippo

King Hippo Long term member

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    2:51 AM
    @Neu(t)rOnion Star Welcome to CM! I am sure you will find some of the answers to your questions digging through the forums.

Neu(t)rOnion Star likes this.
  3. LesterBallard

LesterBallard Long term member

Management
    United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    7:51 AM
    Hello and welcome. It's not that unusual to not get a complete erection for a while after removing a chastity cage but it generally returns to normal after a few days. Good luck.

4. Neu(t)rOnion Star

The Netherlands
    Local Time:
    Also when it's just 20 hours? Almost 2 days of unimproving erection problems after 20 hours of wearing a cage seems pretty unusual...

Caged for life likes this.
  5. Neu(t)rOnion Star

The Netherlands
    Local Time:
    Thanks! will check them out, but like I said, it's often hard to find forum posts similar enough to rather specific situations...

6. Neu(t)rOnion Star

The Netherlands
    Local Time:
    Thank you! :)

7. saruman

saruman Active member

Local Time:
    If you wore the device for 20 hours and did not experience any "blue balls" or other kind of internal pain, then I wouldn't worry about it too much.

It was probably not the greatest idea to wear the device during the night right away. Wearing a chastity device during day time can already be a challenge, but sleeping in it is a different level altogether.

What I think is happening is that you are both excited and anxious, and after a rough night where you experienced all kinds of new sensations, you have become overly worried about any changes "down there". It's probably more of a psychological thing than a physical thing. I'd say give it a few days, and if you are still experiencing problems, don't hesitate to see a doctor.

8. Neu(t)rOnion Star

The Netherlands
    Local Time:
    You're probably right about that, I guess it's in my character to tough things out and wanting to get as much experiential data as possible, I still have to say it was less difficult than I expected, only woke up a few times...
    Well that's what I mean with this:
    Like I said I wouldn't say I haven't experienced any pain or discomfort, it's just been minimal enough for me to write it off as my body needing to get used to the cage.
    Doctor be like: 'you were wearing... what exactly? And why?' xD But yeah, I hope it's something psychological, I just wonder what are the odds - given my situation - that it could be something physical.

saruman likes this.
  9. tomf_22033

tomf_22033 Long term member

VA USA
    Local Time:
    Not unless your doctor is living under a rock and is very judgmental. If so it's a good sign to get a new doctor.

Otherwise we make too big a deal of our kinks, fetishes, and lifestyle(s). I've gotten to the point if I can't discuss something with a doctor then it's time to find someone else. I'm bi, kinky, in an open relationship and probably a few more "shocking" things. I don't go out of my way to share more than necessary, but I also don't hide them either.

You'll find doctors rage from the rare judgmental ones to the super cool, to the indifferent. Thankfully, the judgmental ones are becoming less and less. At least in my experience.

nsrchof and Neu(t)rOnion Star like this.
  10. Neu(t)rOnion Star

The Netherlands
    Local Time:
    I respect that, I'm fairly new to all this and I don't really feel comfortable yet sharing about this with anyone in real life really...but you're absolutely right, it shouldn't be a big deal to them, I just can imagine them advising me against wearing it though....for instance, what do you think about this article: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...-Experts-urge-steer-clear-chastity-cages.html ?

11. MissyB

MissyB Long term member

maid, (I wish)
    Tennessee hills
    Local Time:
    Welcome. I hope you enjoy our community.

jemima and Neu(t)rOnion Star like this.
  12. Neu(t)rOnion Star

The Netherlands
    Local Time:
    Thanks! :)

13. Caged for life

Caged for life Long term member

Sheetmetal mechanic
    USA
    Local Time:
    Welcome to the mansion, depending on how long you have worn the cage for me a week or two I don't get a full erection when we have PIV, but it comes right back in a little bit of time out of the cage it's not permanent, it is just your body adjusting to the fact that it is not allowed to have a full erection in the cage.

14. Neu(t)rOnion Star

The Netherlands
    Local Time:
    Thanks! Is that asuming you have the right fitted cage tho? And in my case we're talking about 20 hours, not a couple of weeks...and 'a little bit of time' would be two days so far for me now...

15. Caged for life

Sheetmetal mechanic
    USA
    Local Time:
    My cages are all bought from Amazon and eBay currently, I have a custom cage on order but probably won't get it for a couple more months.
    If you're only locked up for 20 hours at a time I wouldn't think you should have any issues, why don't you think your cage is fitting right?

16. Neu(t)rOnion Star

The Netherlands
    Local Time:
    #16 Neu(t)rOnion Star, Jan 30, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
    But I mean the cage you've worn for a few weeks and after the erection came back in 'a little bit of time'...how much time after wearing the cage was that and was it a cage that was the right fit and felt comfortable? IF it was the right fit and didn't cause you any physical discomfort/pain and you didn't have any issues with it that are at least somewhat comparable to the issues I described then I'm not really sure how that applies to my situation...
    Because of all the issues (of discomfort and such) I have described - which again I interpreted as my body just needing to get used to the cage rather than a signal that the cage wasn't the right fit for me, but that interpretation might not have been right.

17. Caged for life

Sheetmetal mechanic
    USA
    Local Time:
    The cage I wear the most is my shortest one, which is brutal at night with nocturnal erections, after about 3 hours of sleep They start, every hour on the hour with the 3am is the worst one.
    It takes me a of orgasms to get back to full erection, usually she gives me PIV 2 to 3 times on the weekends (every other) weekend so by the end of the weekend even though she makes me get back in the cage after we're done.
    One time she left me out of the cage overnight, and my nocturnal erections in that night brought me back to normal.

18. Neu(t)rOnion Star

The Netherlands
    Local Time:
    #18 Neu(t)rOnion Star, Jan 31, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
    Ok...I'm trying to think how this comparable to my situation tho....by 'brutal' you mean the cage was too short and gave physical pain that (looking back) didn't feel right for your genitals....or just that it wasn't pleasant psychologically (which can be part of the kink, so not necessarily a bad thing)?
    Interesting...so can having orgasms help you get to be able to be fully erect again sooner? Maybe treating myself after 3 weeks of nofap might not be a bad idea then, best excuse ever to break the streak, lol
    Ok, that sounds pretty healthy to me, the last few cageless nights didn't do it for me though...

19. Caged for life

Sheetmetal mechanic
    USA
    Local Time:
    Not painful but extremely strong, yes it is uncomfortable due to the shortness of the cage, it pushes away and pull at the testicles.
    This is why I have started using the support strap belt not the stretching kind, I tighten the belt as tight as I can at night to not allow the erection to push the cage away thus limiting the the amount of erection that it can produce.
    Which is probably why my erection softness happens so quickly.
    yes orgasms will restore your full strength erection.
    Let me say no pain if there was pain my wife wouldn't allow me to do this.
    God no you shouldn't be in pain, discomfort of struggling to break free yes very much so, but if your cage fits correctly which my longer cage does it is quite pleasurable discomfort when I get an erection

20. tomf_22033

tomf_22033 Long term member

VA USA
    Local Time:
    There's a discussion on that already so let's not hijack this one!
    But no. I've only met one doctor that wasn't cool in regards to lifestyle stuff. She actually got cold when she asked about my sex life. When she asked if I had sex with women I said yes. When she asked do you have sex with men, I said yes, I'm bisexual. Before that she was nice and cordial, After that she was cold and very short. And it was clear she didn't approve of my sexuality. So I never went back.
    Since then, every doctor I've been to has been cool and all they care about is that I'm having safe sex.
    The point is just be yourself. Don't be creepy, don't make a big deal, just be factual and as relaxed as you can, I will say, opening up about being kinky and bisexual is much easier now than when I first started talking about it. Granted I don't share it with everyone, but those who either have a need (doctors, counselors) or are also in the lifestyle I am fine talking about anything.

21. Xileh

Xileh Happily Serving

Local Time:
    11:51 PM
    Welcome!

I just returned from two months in Utrecht! Yes, it did get cold, when it wasn’t raining. I loved the pubs. Your English is very good!

That is a good cage. They sometimes need a little smoothing out inside due to some sharp edges. But it is one you should be happy with when you get the right fit.

It sounds like you may have gone too short. Try the next longer one. Also, start out just wearing it during the day. Once you are able to go all day, then try over night. Sleeping with a cage presents new issues to work through so start slow. It takes time to adjust. Are you using a lube around the ring and between the tube and the top of your ball sack? A silicone gel works very well and should last all day.

Give it a rest and see if things return to normal. Then start again, going slowly. Wear for a few hours, then all day, then at night.

I saw that article as well. With care, I doubt you will have issues. If it was a problem, you would hear about it here right away. I’m going on five years which is nothing compared to some of the folks here.

Keep in touch!

22. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    Hi there and welcome to the mansion!

23. Neu(t)rOnion Star

The Netherlands
    Local Time:
    Same for me, but I still bought a short one on purpose, they say to take the flacid length of the penis and substract 1/4 - 1/2 inch for the tube length of the cage but for me the cage is more than one inch shorter for the reasons I mentioned earlier. I've also read somewhere that having a cage with a tube that is too long (which many people have according to the blog I linked) so it allows too much room for erection so it pushes the cage upward along with the rings often causing people to mistakenly believe that the basering is too small. But yeah....too short...too long, either way it pulls on the testicles, just in a different direction, lol. And in my case it might have been part of the reason that one of my balls escaped.

That sounds like something that could maybe have prevented a lot of discomfort for me as well, or at least it might have prevented the penis pushing the cage forward causing the rings to shafe on my scrotum and cause irritation for instance.

So no such thing as very subtle pain that is just indicative of genitals needing to get used to being caged then? My pain was very subtle (apart from I guess that part of my glans sticking out rubbing against something at a certain point during the night).

24. Neu(t)rOnion Star

The Netherlands
    Local Time:
    Oh...is there? Can you maybe link that to me? Would like to read that but I can't find it in here.
    Good for you ditching that doctor, might have been someone with a religious background or something....
    This all makes sense, I don't want to make it a big deal (who does?), but good chance that the first time I'll tell someone it's gonna come across (due to my body language and intonation and such) as me making a big deal out of it even though I don't want to because of the subconscious shame attached to it or the uncertainty of how they will react (which could be trauma related). But then again, the right doctors (and people in general) will also be understanding of that so that's another good filter I guess, haha.

I still wonder though, has any of your doctors/GP's adviced you against wearing a chastity cage (without necessarily being judgemental about it)?

tomf_22033 likes this.
  25. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice