First Ever Holy Trainer v2 "Cage" (Needs a name!)

Discussion in '3D printing files' started by JosieLynn Jewell, Apr 23, 2018.

1. JosieLynn Jewell

JosieLynn Jewell Long term member

Michigan, USA
    Local Time:
    4:01 AM
    So, I know the HT is a very popular device, and is pretty high on the "comfort" list with its ergonomic ring, btu the biggest drawback is the lack of access for cleaning. I buckled down and designed (from scratch) a cage that fits in the HT v2 ring to address the shortcoming.

I'd like your help in coming up with a name and improvements for this. The first thing that came to mind was Paladin or Templar (playing on the holy thing) - offer some suggestions!

Note, this is revision 1! It came off the printer this afternoon, and fit right in on the first try and was a good fit for me (short & wide) and was easily able to pee while wearing without a mess. I plan to add access holes in the tube portion (or frame it out like the cage), but I'm open to other ideas.

2018-04-22 18.41.14.jpg 2018-04-22 18.41.32.jpg

Attached Files:

amir likes this.
  2. JosieLynn Jewell

Michigan, USA
    Local Time:
    Woke up this morning to version 2 being done on the printer - the "Totally Tubular" edition. Full access everywhere for cleaning. It's a bit snugger of a fit in the ring, but I had to balance that with enough connection to the bars to keep it from breaking there and keep it aesthetically pleasing.

Unfortunately, even ZIPped, this design exceeds the size CM allows me to post. If you're interested, we can figure out something.

2018-04-23 07.27.35.jpg 2018-04-23 07.27.56.jpg

3. skD

skD HausCuck

Executive
    Oregon, USA
    Local Time:
    1:01 AM
    Brilliant!

4. latexbound

latexbound Locked

Wales, UK
    Local Time:
    9:01 AM
    Nice looking cage. Great job. Had an idea for the name... 3D-nied ;-)

amir, Breathe and skD like this.
  5. art4bux

art4bux Active member

carpenter, machinist, welder
    new york city
    Local Time:
    Had a similar cage in SS and when I tried to erect,I got "extruded" between the bars. Not comfy.
    I'd like to mod it to bring the two center bars closer together, and maybe put horizontal bars or arcs at the quarter lines of the bars.

Maybe the Saracen ?

A great design, anyhow.
    Are you going to post it on thingiverse ?

6. skD

skD HausCuck

Executive
    Oregon, USA
    Local Time:
    1:01 AM
    @art4bux ...great name! "The Saracen"...

7. JosieLynn Jewell

Michigan, USA
    Local Time:
    I've seen metal designs like this, and have seen pictures of this extrusion you speak of. I think I got the gap a little narrower than those designs and have thicker bars (since plastic is not as strong as steel). I originally had horizontal bars present, but didn't think they added much. Given that everyone is different, if they aren't a problem, I'll add them back in just so fewer people might experience this.

I'm not certain I'll put it on thingiverse - maybe when I get to a "final" design, but it will be here and available to members of this site for sure. I've contemplated putting this/these design(s) for sale on shapeways once I've gotten some feedback beyond my own
    V1 - I slept in v1 the other night, and semi-enjoyed it - it had a nice "hug" to it, but the tip looks "stunted"
    V2 - The tubular design has some great merits (cleaning wise) but has the same tip issue as well.
    V3 - this was a true "experiment" and was huge - it was based on flaccid measurements and didn't constrict, and was well shaped to me personally, but I couldn't wear it under anything and hide it. Plus I'd miss that "hug"
    V4 - new version, not posted or even printed it yet - Revised V1, but with a tip that is stretched out. I'll add the cross-bars before I do that so I can see how I like it.

Thanks for the feedback, give me any more you've got!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice