First device help

Discussion in 'Novices and newbies' started by Morefun, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Morefun

Morefun New member

Local Time:
    6:11 AM
    I'm looking for my first real chastity device. Is the vice a good first buy? I want something I can be comfortable in and potentially wear a whole month.

I'm very new to this so I don't expect to be able to do that for some time, but I rather just get a good quality device off the bat.

I'm going to have a key holder help train me.

I don't mind spending extra money on a device I just don't want it to be a waste.

2. keyheld

keyheld Member

Hampshire, UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    3:11 PM
    Can’t rally answer to if ‘The Vice’ is good or not as ive not owned one. I have seen some positive reviews as well as a couple of bad ones.

The vice is a relatively new concept. To me it looks like a lot of promotional devices have been given out. I’m surprised that haven’t been given to experienced chastity device reviewers. That way we would all know how good that are.

Personally I’d go for the Holy trainer v3. Just because I think it’s a better concept than the vice, especially for your first device

Allen1987 likes this.
  3. Adam444

Adam444 Long term member

Chicagoland, USA
    Local Time:
    9:11 AM
    The biggest challenge with a chastity device is that everyone's anatomy is different, so what works for me might not work for you. That usually means some experimentation until you find something you like. In terms of design, the more open the tube the easier it is to keep things clean and urinate. It's also give you and your keyholder more access to your penis, which can lead to things like tease and denial. There seems to be two schools of thought when it comes to a "first" device.

Some recommend trying one of the clones of the popular plastic devices like the CB-6000 series or the Holy Trainer. Their biggest advantage is that they come with different size base rings and that offers a degree of customization. Base rings are usually the bigger challenge because it's not too difficult to measure you penis. Ideally the tube should be about the same size as your flaccid penis. I tried both as my first devices. While comfortable, the CB clone broke in short order. The Holy Trainer was also comfortable but I got some irritation from the rear of the tube.

Others recommend going right to a metal device (which is where a lot of people end up anyway). There are a zillion Chinese ones on the market, available directly from China (DH Gate, etc.), eBay, and Amazon. Shipping from China is a multi-week wait, eBay a few days if you pick a seller located in America, and 2 days with Amazon Prime. Each increase in delivery speed is a increase in price. I believe most of these devices are made by a few Chinese companies and simply resold.

In the end the Chinese devices are generally so inexpensive that you can try a number of the for a relatively modest investment. Their biggest issue is finish and some rough edges are to be expected. Plastic is easy to smooth, just use some very fine wet/dry sandpaper and a little soapy water as a lubricant. Sanding will remove a glossy finish. Steel is a more of a challenge because stainless steel is pretty hard but it's doable with some patience and the right tools.

I have no experience with the Vice but generally hinged base rings, especially cheaper ones, can be problematic. Pinching and wobbling seem to be the biggest complaints.

If you're want a plastic device to start, I think the Holy Trainer clone is a better choice than the CB-6000. While the CB offers more adjustment, the design of the Holy Trainer makes it easier to produce a quality clone. If you want to go metal, decide on a tube style and measure yourself for the tube and base ring.

Good luck!

Dasa, Allen1987 and keyheld like this.
  4. OscartheTurtle

OscartheTurtle Long term member

People Manager
    Central Ohio
    Local Time:
    The Vice Mini was the 2nd device I bought. It’s a solid device in that it comes with multiple rings and spacing pins. Despite being the shortest cage option they have, with my turtling problem I was never able to utilize the “Vice” clamp itself. It’s a comfortable enough cage and I didn’t have any problems with the hinged ring pinching. The longest I’ve gone in it was about a week, with one removal in between for a good cleaning. If money is no object then I don’t see that you would go wrong starting here. But as Adam444 said you can accomplish the same thing by purchasing quite a few different cheap cages.

5. cagedfoxer

cagedfoxer Member

Retired
    Somerset, UK
    Local Time:
    2:11 PM
    Adams post above gives a good summary of the options for a newcomer and good advice. Expect to have to do a fair bit of trial and error unless you get lucky with a good fit straight off. I opted for the cheap Chinese route because I did not want to spend a lot of money in case my wife was not interested. I have bought three cages from the UK site toys4naughtyboys.co.uk which offer the same sort of things as dh gate. So all mine were steel cage devices.

Firstly I bought one with a solid base ring and an open cage type design. I found the base ring was tricky to put on but fell off frequently and easily. I also found the open cage hurt and dented my old man when he got erect. I was reluctant to try smaller solid rings because there have been stories of men having to have metal cock rings cut off of them in hospital when they have restricted the blood supply and threatened necrosis.... Not a risk I was prepared to take.

So my second device was a hinged base ring design that came with a bit of tubing to cover the hinge. Some people here don't like that type of design because of the risk of pinching, but I seem to get on fine with it and have found a small square of folded toilet tissue where the ring joins helps to stop pinching. The hinged base ring gave me confidence to go for a smaller diameter since i knew I could get it off quickly if I got into trouble.

The design of my second cage was a solid tube with only a small slot at the end and a couple of holes in the sides. This was more comfortable than the open cage design, but still caused soreness where the old man tried to escape through the holes and I found he emerged rather pale after several days of confinement. The solid you've was also pretty heavy and tended to slip down. So I decided that solid designs were not for me.

So my current cage that I find comfortable to wear has a hinged base ring and an open cage design at the side but with a more solid end. I find this is easy to keep clean and lets enough airflow not to cause the problems of the solid tube.

All in all, I've tried three cage designs, two base ring designs and several sizes of hinged base ring before settling on something that is not perfect but pretty good for long term wear. That has cost me about £100 to arrive at this combination.

Hope this helps shed some light on my deliberations so you can think what might work for you.

6. Joey love

Joey love Long term member

Local Time:
    I’m relatively new to chastity and I went with cheap ones from Amazon. I’m on my third and I’m narrowing down what’s good and what’s not.
    So far I’m only down around 69-70 US dollars for the 3. Reviews are great but everyone is a bit different so buyer beware

7. slavesw

slavesw Long term member

United States, Massachusetts
    Local Time:
    If money really isn't an issue i would try get a custom fitted MM Jailbird, order the sizing rings and spend some time trying the different rings. i tried several different cages before making the decision to go with MM but wish i'd done it originally.

8. Morefun

Morefun New member

Local Time:
    Thank you everyone! This is such a nice community.

I think I'm going to try the jailbird and order the sizing rings.

How will I know what ring size is best? Should it just feel very comfortable? I'm concerned about slippage if it's not tight enough. Should it be something I wear for a few days on it's own to get used to it?

Also, how important is trimming or shaving pubic hair for sizing?

9. Morefun

Morefun New member

Local Time:
    The holy trainer looks like a good option too. Better than the vice.

10. Adam444

Adam444 Long term member

Chicagoland, USA
    Local Time:
    You'll know what size ring fits you. You're going to be like Goldilocks, this one is too tight, this one is too loose, and this one is just right. Just make sure you wear them long enough as Mature Metal suggests.

I unless you have a lot of public hair, it probably isn't going to a make that much difference. I would suggest you groom in the same way you plan on doing while wearing the device.

slavesw and kylec like this.
  11. Chast4fmdm

Chast4fmdm Member

Professional
    Northern Ontario, canada
    Local Time:
    I am a newbie and bought The holy trainer v2. You will be amazed after a bit at how comfortable it is.

12. Rectrix

Rectrix Long term member

US East Coast
    Local Time:
    Avoid the plastic devices and the fully enclosed devices if you desire long-term chastity, as those will stink and cause skin rot.

13. JosieLynn Jewell

JosieLynn Jewell Long term member

Michigan, USA
    Local Time:
    It's not the plastic that is the cause, it's the inability to clean within a closed device. I've gone multiple weeks without unlocking, even for cleaning, in my Cherry Keeper.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice