Filing sharp edges on the ring

Discussion in 'Bon4' started by Uaral, Mar 10, 2023.

1. Uaral

Uaral Active member

Germany, Bavaria, Rosenheim
    Local Time:
    12:29 AM
    I'm sorry for opening a thread just for this silly question, but:

I've seen that the edges on the ring (why wouldn't they make it round??) bother a lot of people and read that some of you filed it down a bit.
    I am very bad with handcrafting and stuff like that and have no clue about the proper tools.

Could you please give me advice on how to properly (without expensive machinery) file down the edges?
    I've tried sandpaper (aimed at steel), but I guess that was a little optimistic.

2. Uaral

Uaral Active member

Local Time:
    Ok so I bought a file for use with steel and filed away.
    I was able to make the edges more round and then I used fine sandpaper to make it smooth.
    The result is not perfect, but I am pleased.
    I'll see if I notice an improvement in comfort.

Tom Allen likes this.
  3. Locked4Goddess

Mechanic/ Shop owner
    USA Decatur Il
    Local Time:
    5:29 PM
    I am currently locked in a bon4micro, and yes the rings were unbearable before I rounded the edges. I used a dremel to grind down the edges, then with some accessories for the dremel I got from amazon I was able to polish the ring to a mirror shine. It took about two hours to round the edges and polish to perfection but well worth it. I have been locked for 1 month and two weeks 24/7 with no issues. For what these things cost I think they shoud aready be rounded and polished, I have two other bon4's and I had to do the same with each

sissy_connie and Uaral like this.
  4. Uaral

Uaral Active member

Local Time:
    I agree, they are too expensive for what they deliver.
    I really like the design choices and could imagine it to be quite comfortable for long term wear, but NOT in that state.
    It's really sad and I don't understand why someone would sell their product like that.

I've also come to the conclusion, that a dremel would probably be the best choice. But I don't own one and didn't wanna buy one just for that.
    So I stopped wearing the bon4m again, but will keep it for now. Maybe at some point I will have another use for a dremel and buy one.

Nevertheless congrats on a more comfortable result and much fun wiith wearing it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice