Female lead households

Discussion in 'Female led relationships' started by chastesoon, Sep 26, 2008.

Random Thread
  1. chastesoon

chastesoon Senior Member

Retired
    Local Time:
    4:44 AM
    I found this article in a local newspaper, Hmm seems we may be ahead of the curve, LOL!:chores003: And they just mentioned this article on Oprah.
    September 26, 2008

By Sharon Jayson, Gannett News Service
    Around the house, women rule.

And men aren't putting up a fight about it, according to a new study from the Pew Research Center that looks at how gender and power play out at home.

Of 1,260 couples surveyed this summer - either married or living together - women wield more decision-making power at home. In 43 percent of couples, women made more decisions - almost twice as many as men - in the four areas surveyed: planning weekend activities, household finances, major home purchases and TV watching.

The survey also found 43 percent of men don't have the final say in any of those decisions; they either share decision-making or defer to their partners.

''Across all decision-making realms, it tilts to the woman,'' said Rich Morin, lead author of the study. "I was surprised by the percentage of men who made none of the decisions in any of the areas.''

Such responses defy societal beliefs, said Melinda Forthofer, director of the Institute for Families in Society at the University of South Carolina-Columbia. ''Despite the fact that in our society, we have had this notion of males as heads of households, we have seen the pattern that women tend to really be the managers."

On household finances, the Pew study found that couples disagree on who has the greater say. About 45 percent of women say that they manage the money; 37 percent of men say they do.

Older couples are more likely than younger couples to make decisions together, the study found, but just 8 percent of cou ples say they make decisions together in all four areas.

Who makes the decisions?

Chris Smith, 34, Sauk Village

"She does. I make more of the financial decisions, but she does put a lot of input in there. She has a lot of influence. She's the boss of the home, the way the home is organized, what we buy, how we decorate."

Emina Begovic, 35, Chicago's North Side

"I think I do. I have the last word. I like things a certain way. The man, they have a word, but I have the final word, for sure."

Barry Axler, 60, Chicago's River North neighborhood

"I'm the boss, and she's the boss. It's pretty much even. I do a lot of stuff around the house, and she does, too. It's pretty equally divided

2. Ms.Linda

Ms.Linda No longer a member

Local Time:
    4:44 AM
    This comes as no surprise to Me....From the time My husband and I first met, I have handled the finances and decision making in O/our relationship, as did My mother in My parents' relationship. To Me, it's just the natural order of things, the way it's always been done.

3. annasissydoll

annasissydoll sissy slut in training

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    2:44 AM
  4. sillymaid

sillymaid <--- that's me....

Local Time:
    10:44 AM
    really really funny

better get back to it :chores047:

5. zadig

zadig Member

Local Time:
    5:44 AM
    Imho, it is a natural progression following from the growth of women in the work force over the last 50+ years or so. Social norms can be glacier-like in their slowness. Hmmmm, do you think this is a change in the number of homes where women manage the finances, or a change in the number of men who admit it?

6. lockit

lockit Advanced Member

London
    Local Time:
    long before the life style

when i married my wife from day one my pay packet ( cash back then) was handed to my wife and i would get back what i needed.
    when the kids came a long what i needed got less and less.
    this was nothing to do with her being in control. this was just the way i was brought up
    when she went back to work part time that was her money. ( my idea )
    call me old fashioned sexist even.
    the way i seen it was my job to provide

7. icarus_101

icarus_101 Babygirl

Local Time:
    I have always run an equal oppurtunity household.

We discuss, debate and we decide to do what she said in the first place.

8. Pain Gimp

Pain Gimp Junior Member

Local Time:
    9:44 AM
  9. Burger_01

Burger_01 Chastity Geek

Local Time:
    7:44 PM
    Yeah.. I'm always a little dubious about these types of surveys.

For a start, the most likely person to complete a survey is the person who is at home, looking after the kids, whatever. In Australia, this is most often a woman.

If someone is staying at home, they're probably doing the food shopping. So of course they make the decisions about what to get

Also, I think a lot of "purchasing decisions" are a bit questionable. Women love to talk about the stuff they bought, men by and large don't. A shirt is probably a buying decision for a woman; it isn't for a man.. it's just something you wear because people don't let you go around naked.

I'm not trying to be negative, but before I believe it, I'd want to know a lot more about how the survey was constructed. And if it is true, I think it shows a very sad reflection of how men tend to be absent from the running of the house, and the raising of the kids, because they are still seen as primary breadwinners and their job is to earn, and work long hours.

10. jdavid

jdavid Member

Local Time:
  11. andyandnickki

andyandnickki Junior Member

Local Time:
    interesting article but nothing too suprising :)

12. chasteforfun

chasteforfun Junior Member

Local Time:
    We have a shared thing, where we discuss and decide together. Though to be honest, there are things that my wife decides & i merely agrees, and there are things i decide and my wife merely agrees. It has to do with how important a specific issue is to either or both of us.

It works well except for the little things when we're both neutral... "Where do you want to go to Dinner tonight?, I don't know, where do you want to go?, I don't know, where do you want to go?, Want Italian or steak?, I don't care where how about you?, I don't care either, how about sandwiches? Nah I don't want sandwiches but don't care otherwise, ect ect ect" You get the idea. This only becomes a specific problem when my wife is both tired & hungry.
    :mad0233: Then I better damm well figure it out quick or we'll be uncaging a real beast from within her.

Warm regards :happy0158:,
    Rich

13. mazo31

mazo31 Junior Member

Local Time:
    12:44 PM
    I live alone, so unfortunately all I decide myself

14. slave 3332

slave 3332 clare slave

Local Time:
    It is a Natural Order and Events progress accordingly but caveat emptor.

My ex and I made the decision to switch roles and while we were together it worked very well until really we needed to separate as she need more independence and to deeply pursue a relationship with a gf of hers. So perhaps there was cost but given where i am - and now on the cusp of entering a relationship with a Master to live as a woman and be transformed, it was inevitable. However, until that time, it worked well......

The long and short of it was that i have been a longtime crossdresser and the need to increasingly feminise was gnawing away at me. Eventually my wife got wind that something was up and we at down one day when i was working at home and i fessed up. She wasnt that surprised - her only real annoyances were that i hadnt fessed up before and (ii) i was a classic accumulate and dump person when it came to my clothes etc. i should say that she is one of those very logical folk and pretty intelligent as well. She went away and did her research on crossdressing, feminisation and transgender and over the next few days there were a number of very calm logical discussions and q and a s , as well as e-mails and letters (writing can, by the way, take out a lot of emotion and is highly recommended as a means to sharing sensitive subjects........

The questions and issues gradually moved from information on the subject covering a wide range of issues and history to the way forward and then the ground rules. And then one day she asked me to take time off work to go shopping together and we 'were away.' Within a short time, she discaded my male underwear and she asked me, no demanded, that i should be at least pantied all the time and on colder days in hose or stockings - and at nights onl nighties/female jammies were allowed. i was to dress as a female when the family wasnt around and when we could get a weekend or longer period then i was to glue my silicon breasts on and live like a woman inc going out), and from time to time to wear a vaginal gaffe, plus also professional make-up, salons etc etc came into play in the quest to up the excellence.

The wife also changed as she found a new confidence - we then took the decision to reverse roles and that i was to housekeep (i had become disillusioned with my work and wanted to put more time to creativity) and she wanted to go back into the workplace in advertising and brand communications. i would become resposnsible for the day to day management of the hosue and she would take over all the financial running (that did prove to be costly but what the heck its happiness). I had the budget for the house (inc buying some of her underwear and essentials even down to her tampax) and any extra could go to my clothing, shoes, cosmetics and buying of day to day lingerie with excess going towards sexual weekends in or away and family vacations. Out of her earnings came some of her clothing such as work wear and she bought my evening and sex wear as well as the toys etc so she had full control on what was to be used on me. Externally she changed with her dress sense, out went skirts etc in favour of pants and plain tops, low or flat heels and underneath compressive bras, very plain briefs, no stockings. She had to play a balance with her work on make-up but changes came in that i was to be naked under my eyebrows hairwise, whereas she let her arm pits grow and went more au naturel down under as she was pretty hirstute. At night time it was male jams....swimming together would eb me in a onepiece and she wore shorts. Later on there was talk about a breast reduction to happen as well as she wanted to flatten herself out.

This translated through of course to the bedroom as she became much more dominant, especially in wanting oral servitude and when she realised the power of her vagina and anus in facesitting. Restraint came into play and sexually she loved her straps - and i can highly recommend the feeldoe to those Mistresses out there - they are so 'convenient' and once you have mastered the kegel, do give yourself a lot of pleasure. So being taken anally or in my vaginal sheath was more the norm.... As time progressed there was also some cuckolding and threesomes (on the latter was her gf came into the pircture).I have written elsewhere on this......

But as they say good things can come to an end - however if it leads to happiness for both of us in our awareness and needs in life relationship wise and sexually, then that will be great and the family has largely been ok with it. Its not for everyone and it can mean a fairly heavy roller coaster to life.......be prepared for that as the old saying of "one thing leads to another" can come into play.

Do feel free to ask questions, publicly or privately as i am fairly new here......and i shall endeavour to answer

15. mazo31

mazo31 Junior Member

Local Time:
    12:44 PM
    thank yoy!!!

Спасибо большое

16. Rachel

Rachel Owned by Mistress Michelle

Local Time:
    GREAT post slave3332.

MM's sweetpea
    rachel

17. tj246

tj246 Senior Member

Local Time:
    my wife is head of this household
    she controls me an my cock im lock in cb3000 for over 9 years now

she handles important issues i take care of the house work cleaning wash things like that an buy cheap panties cause my wife does not give me much money to spend on things plus have my own job

it is a nice life to have

18. caged ray

caged ray Junior Member

Local Time:
    When we were first married we made an agreement. She would make all the minor decisions and I would make all the major ones.....

It is kind of odd that I have never had to make any decisions!

All kidding aside, when I was running a HVAC contracting business, I found early on that I had to orient my sales presentation in such a manner that the woman of the household would feel that I was genuinely taking the time to solicit her opinion on what their needs were, as the woman would often times be more in tune with what was going on and what she wanted the end result to be while the man would pretend to know and understand all the technical aspects. I found that when i stayed away from the technical aspects and presented what the results would be that most often I go the job even though I was the highest priced contractor.

19. bart_heels

bart_heels Junior Member

Local Time:
    My wife calls the shots in our relationship. Although I do handle the finances, but it is more because she doesnt want to spend time behind the pc paying the bills and creating our financial overviews.
    Next to that I do the cooking and most of the chores. She only helps out when she wants to or (as we both have full-time jobs) when time is too limited for me to do all the chores by myself.
    On the level of decision making we usually discuss everything, but most of the times we have the same view, so the word "discuss" can be taken lightly.On those rare occassions when we have a different opinion it is her voice that puts in most weigth.

bart

20. Sissy_Aline

Sissy_Aline Senior Member

Local Time:
    [sub]
    It's that way in our relationship. my Lady is intelligent and naturally dominant. BUT i have found the ideal relationship is when it's give and take and primarily shared. Of course the ideal and perfect are rare but we strive to get things right. Mostly, i'm agreeable to what i hear. Lady L is amazing and i am fortunate to be with Her.

Aline
    [/sub]

21. claudiab

claudiab Junior Member

Local Time:
    Things are a changing.

Fem lead relationships are 'the new black'

22. Voyager

Voyager New member

Local Time:
    I know I could thrive and prosper in a FLR. It seems very natural for me to embrace female authority and leadership.

23. sirius

sirius sirius

So Cal
    Local Time:
    When i was married, i got to make all the major decisions, i.e., Should we have world peace, Should we pull out of the UN, What to do about world hunger...and She made all the minor decisions, where we would go and what we would do, how i would complete my chores, how i should best please Her and other details....Very wry smile.

[​IMG]

Mistress Deborah likes this.
  24. gemma stockings

Local Time:
    Well I used to be the decision maker in our house whilst we were still living as man and wife. That has changed big style I now make zero decisions Samantha takes care of everything. My wages goe into her bank account and she takes care of all the bills, if I need money I have to justify why and what its for.

I have a monthly clothing allowance of £70.00 but I dont get the money Samantha buys my clothes and all I see is the reciepts.

I suppose I am in charge of a couple of things, housework and cooking.

It hasnt been easy adjusting to wearing womens clothes in front of Samantha but I now feel a lot more comfortable even though some of the dresses she buys me are far too short.

I never in all our time together realised that beneath that pretty face there was a bitch waiting to be set free, I now realise that I am living with a very demanding woman who stands for no shite.

25. kickball

kickball Submitting to the power of a Domme

Local Time:
    In truth In general Women have always ruled the home and quite ofen ran the family finances The difference now is that Women are are gaining footholds outside the home and long may it continue

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice