Family Jewels: A guide to male genital torment

Discussion in 'Book and movie reviews' started by Lady_Kismet, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Lady_Kismet

Lady_Kismet Member

Local Time:
    6:18 PM
    Well reading my through every book I can possibly get my hot little hands on. Guess it is the left overs of my english/history degree, that I never quite finished. Either way Since there weren't many books in here I would start a few threads as I finish books.

Anyway Just finished this book. It is written by Hardy Haberman, with a forward by Midori. It was actually pretty good, and even had a section on "pervertables" objects in your kitchen that can be used in interesting ways. I am now looking at the cooking utensil section in my grocery store with new eyes that is for sure, and have an urge to get some egg cutters.Was very good on the safety issues something I like since well I worry. and while I have no issue marching into an emergency room announcing the problem my partner probably is not that out going.

either way it is definatly a nice beginning book and gives some great ideas for scenes at the end. For those of you fairly familiar with this subject it might offer some new ideas, but you might find it a bit useless. but I liked that he explains the anatomy and possible risks and how to handle them if they do arise. And what parts you need to be very careful of and how to tell if there is an issue that might require a trip to the doctor. that was a main worry of mine when i began looking into the subject of CBT. I got it from amazon fairly cheaply, so it wasn't a huge investment . So off to my next book.

2. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    12:18 AM
    Thank you so much Lady Kismet.

I'm a newbie in that area so I'm looking forward to reading it. It's on my wishlist, but I may treat myself to it after Christmas if pet hasn't taken the hint!

3. Lady_Kismet

Lady_Kismet Member

Local Time:
    lol well I am working on something a friend of mine has which is an online library that you can give people access to and scan the books in. Seems to stay clear of the copyright laws but looking into it. Besides might solve that pesky issue with that sissy maids book that I know those of us don't have and want to read but is out of print. :character0174:

4. candide

candide Member

Local Time:
    4:18 PM
    One of my peculiar hobbies is scanning books, OCR'ing them, formatting them to my requirements into an OpenOffice doc or PDF, and printing them out.

Family Jewels is a good book, one-stop shopping for a subject hitherto uncovered between two covers. I appreciate the medical explanations and warnings. But the author didn't deal with a subtle area that I've noticed and I am careful of with CBT -- desensitization.

All that lovely nerve-rich tissue can be damaged by tight cock rings, spiky cock sheaths, vegetable scrubbers (ouch!) and electro-stim. The good news is that if one leaves it alone, it recovers--or at least mostly does. Nipple clamps will do it to that erogenous zone as well. Desensitization is something to keep track of. Actually it's not well-treated anywhere in the BDSM literature I've read.

Family Jewels is also a rather short book -- 53 pages. I don't know how much more there is to be said about CBT. I'd like to hear more about the psychological underpinnings myself. Femdom Midori's introduction is great.

5. Lady_Kismet

Lady_Kismet Member

Local Time:
    I agree would love to have a book that covered desensitization, that particular subject is one that you rarely hear talked about. I guess it really comes down to being careful, but a book on the subject would be an interesting read. Preferably one that treated it more like a scientific paper and was full of actual facts. However I think that desensitization is something that is different for each person so it would be a hard subject to write a book on.

6. chasteab

chasteab Junior Member

UK
    Local Time:
    12:18 AM
    Candide, thanks for the review. It does not look like this is a book to have in Mistress library, despite the interesting title. Thank you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice