Experience with a Steel Chastity Belt and TSA Airport Security

Discussion in 'Journals and blogs' started by enigmaPOJ, Jun 9, 2009.

Random Thread
  1. enigmaPOJ

enigmaPOJ Member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    8:27 PM
    Recently my wife/domme and I took 2 trips in the last 2 weeks that required air travel. The first trip was to IML to help our friends from Locked in Steel to vendor for the event. We had a great time and Chicago is a great city to visit. Since I was modeling my chastity belt I needed to bring it with me and I didnt want to chance loosing it with checked luggage so we decided that I would have it in my carry-on luggage. I packed it in a bag with some clothes and business cards we had printed for LIS. To my surprise it went through the X-Ray at TSA in both LaGuardia (Marine Air Terminal for Delta Shuttle) and Chicago Midway without an incident. We had more trouble getting a cheap laptop through checked luggage (evidently you are not allowed to check laptops anymore unless you want to waive any responsibility of the entire bag to Delta Airlines.) We had also brought some other toys (floggers, canes, cuffs) on check baggage and there was the paper saying they went through it, but all was accountable.

On our second trip, it was a little different story. Our second trip was to Reno, NV for a non-kink event trip, but us kinksters always travel with our toys, LOL. Anyway, we flew out of Newark, NJ (Terminal A) and again we brought my belt with me on my carry-on. This time the person looking at the X-Ray stopped on my bag containing the CB and said something to the other TSA agent ( a younger guy in his upper 20s). He asked if it was my bag and he would like to check inside. I said sure, but could it be check in private and he said no problem and asked that I get my things and follow him to this sectioned off area. We had to wait a few moments for a 2nd TSA agent as there needs to be a witness when asked to inspect in private and Im not allowed to touch the bag during the process. The second TSA agent came over (an older gentleman in his early 50s.) We went into the closed off partition and here is how it went.

Younger TSA Agent: Sometimes things look funny on X-Ray and we just need to check them out.
    Myself: I understand, other than my clothes, there is a chastity belt and zoom lens in there that probably looks unusual in the bag.

Younger TSA Agent pulls chastity belt out of bag and looks at the curiously.

Myself: Its a chastity belt, I wear it for shows and other reasons.
    Younger TSA Agent: (Talking to older TSA Agent) Is it OK, I mean he can bring this on board?
    Older TSA Agent: Sure no problem. Ive seen one of those before.
    Younger TSA Agent: Ok, thats a new one for me.
    Myself: Well thats why I asked for this in private. Kids dont need to see this.
    Younger TSA Agent: No you did the right thing, and the chains on it looked funny on the X-Ray. You can go and have a nice day.
    Myself: The funny thing is that I went through LaGuardia and Chicago Midway and wasnt asked about it.
    Older TSA Agent: (Looking somewhat surprised) Really!!?!! Hmm, well it was the angle it was in there or something. In this case it was the chains looked funny and with all the metal.
    Myself: Yeah I can understand that. Have a good one.
    Older TSA Agent: You too.

As I walked out of the partitioned area, wife was amused and waiting. She noticed a smile on the older TSA agents face. The trip to Reno went uneventful except Im sure housekeeping figured we were kinky we left a few toys out.

On the way back, at Reno/Tahoe International Airport (Gate C Checkpoint) we went through security the same way. Again they stop on my bag (I thought, hmm here we go again.) Again I was asked by a TSA agent (younger guy in his mid 20s) if it was my bag and I said sure in a private area. (This time he didnt ask for a 2nd TSA Agent, so dont know if he was breaking protocol or just really curious about the belt.

Myself: You probably will not believe whats in that bag when I tell you what it is.
    TSA Agent: Whats that then?
    Myself: A chastity belt.
    TSA Agent: Ahh cool!

He reaches in the bag and pulls out a box of business cards I had accidently left in the bag.

TSA Agent: Here is what looks funny. (Holding the box of cards.) It looked suspicious under the X-Ray. It wasnt anything else in the bag. You dont mind if I run it through the sniffer?
    Myself: Sure, no problem.

TSA Agent does the wipe thing all is good and Im on my way. As Im leaving he tells me to have fun and good day.

Im thinking; a truly kink aware (and possibly kinky himself) TSA agent, cool hes one of us. So the moral of the experience of traveling with a steel chastity belt is to be polite, tell the truth, and be discrete. As a side note, floggers, canes (impact toys) and cuffs are NOT allowed on carry on as they can be used as weapons. Of course there are no problems with checked baggage with these items. Also I would not attempt to wear the belt through airport security as that would be too much of forcing ones kink onto another, in my opinion, especially since Im traveling with my keyholder.

-enigmaPOJ

kkeeiitthh likes this.
  2. xcitex2

xcitex2 Back from the past!

Private Security.
    Kentucky
    Local Time:
    7:27 PM
    Thanks you for this update. I was just wondering about situations like this earlier today and then here it was.

3. enigmaPOJ

enigmaPOJ Member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    8:27 PM
    The thing to remember here is that the TSA agents were professional about it and that's their job. They are only looking for anything that is a weapon and a chastity belt isn't a weapon.

-enigmaPOJ

4. chastityslavejohn

chastityslavejohn Mistress Irianna's pet

Local Time:
    7:27 PM
    Mistress and i always travel with a generous selection of Her toys and W/we travel a lot. we have a 4 foot black zippered document tube for Her crops, whips and canes. paddles, spankers, dildos, harnesses, restraints and chains are in the luggage. all is checked. there are ALWAYS papers in the luggage when W/we retrieve it stating that TSA looked through the luggage. nothing is ever missing. once W/we thought W/we had a vibrator going off in a carry on but it was an electric tooth brush.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice