Evotion Orion

Discussion in 'Chastity device reviews' started by Cloverclamp, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Cloverclamp

Cloverclamp Member

Boston, MA
    Local Time:
    9:00 AM
    I've had an Evotion Orion for two months and I couldn't be happier! The order process took just as long as advertised, so no complaints there.

Construction
    Solid, but light nylon
    Comfort
    No complaints. I do apply a drop of baby oil at night but that's what I've done with all my ball trap devices.
    Cleaning
    The filigree and venting all over helps make cleaning easy.
    Wear duration (between cleans)
    Two weeks to a month, easy
    Style
    The pattern of the filigree is super sexy. Wife loves it!
    Fit
    I was very careful to measure myself and the fit is perfect.
    Measurement issues
    None
    Security
    The design of the cock tube portion is resistant to pulling out. I've had issues with other devices slipping off, but this grips my glans enough to keep it on.

I know someone else here had issues with their device but I'm quite pleased.

2. ChasteCel

ChasteCel 7/6 on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale

Local Time:
    I've had mine since they first came out with them. I agree with everything (especially that I haven't figured out a way to pull out at all yet!) but the wear duration - I only seem to be able to get 1-2 weeks before smell had built up enough that I have to clean.

I did the suns-and-moons one. What filigree did you do, and is there anything special you do for cleaning? (I have a detachable shower head that I use).

3. Cloverclamp

Cloverclamp Member

Boston, MA
    Local Time:
    I did the Lux design which my wife likes a lot.

As for cleaning, I don't do much special beyond a lot of foamy soap daily. I work it into the filigree and push it in around from the back.

Washing only does so much as drying is the important part. I use a dry washcloth to get the job done.

ChasteCel likes this.
  4. Krypto004

Krypto004 Member

Mechanic
    Ohio
    Local Time:
    I have a bijou. Looking at the Orion. Do any of you have pics?

5. Dr MBogo

Dr MBogo You heard the lady! In you go.....

Local Time:
    8:00 AM
    I have a Bijou also, and the odor can be an issue-despite taking regular showers or baths. I shower daily and take a bath about twice weekly, during which I soak for 15 minutes or so, and still the odor persists. So, I remove it for cleaning more or less weekly, and then soak it for a few hours before putting it back on. That seems to keep it under control.

6. ChasteCel

Local Time:
    I shower daily too, using a pretty powerful shower head jet to clean/rinse after working soap in and around. I can get to about 7-10 days before I start noticing a smell, and about 2 weeks before I have to ask to clean if my KH/wife doesn't just let me do it anyway.

I don't usually need to soak it though. Washing thoroughly with soap, hot water and a few Q-tips to get into the nooks and crannies seems to work fine.

@Krypto004 if you're looking for the same feel as the Bijou, but with a ball-trap device, totally go for it. I don't have a piercing (PA or frenum), but even without that, I measured apparently well enough that this bloody thing is still inescapable (at least, after about 6 months or so, and the occasional frustration-induced episode pushing me to try - I have not be able to pull out yet, it seems impossible). My biggest piece of advice would be "measure carefully".

7. Krypto004

Krypto004 Member

Mechanic
    Ohio
    Local Time:
    Thanks for the advice. I’m looking for smaller and tighter but with the added security of the piercing to keep it from drooping an putting un needed pressure on the balls.

8. Cloverclamp

Cloverclamp Member

Boston, MA
    Local Time:
    I'm not sure any pictures I could take would be more illustrative than their website. Did you have some particular question about it?

9. Krypto004

Krypto004 Member

Mechanic
    Ohio
    Local Time:
    I’ve only seen it on there model. I’m interested to see how it looks in a different size. I’m clearly smaller than the man that modeled it.

Also I have not had luck with ball trap devices in the past. I think mostly because of weight. And the bad fitment of off the shelf units. I was just wondering how the comfort is for a 24/7 wear. Do you need to lube anything? My bijou is trouble free. I do nothing but make sure the lock stays urine free an wash once a week.

10. ChasteCel

Local Time:
    Comfort for 24/7 is pretty good. I’ve been locked in mostly 24/7 for the last 6 months or so, with the longest between unlocking to clean or play ~2.5 weeks. I’ve been able to do my normal routine, fuck my wife with a strap on, and engage in other vigorous activity without too much discomfort.

I have to put some lube on the bottom of the ring about 1/3 of the time (meaning about 1 out of 3 days post-shower). I think the roughness of the filigree contributes to additional chafing when very active. When I was in a Evotions Cage 8 prior to the Orion with a solid ring, I generally didn’t need the lube. I’m strongly considering getting a solid ring to see how that works.

If your looking for fit on this, it’s also key to get the spacing of the “gap” right (where your ballsack hangs through). I found I needed mine to be increased to 15 mm from the standard 10. This helped immensely with the “ball burning” sensation.

Cloverclamp and Krypto004 like this.
  11. Krypto004

Krypto004 Member

Mechanic
    Ohio
    Local Time:
    Excellent info. Thank you!!! Good luck in your journey!

ChasteCel likes this.
  12. ChasteCel

Local Time:
    Good luck to you too!

I haven't done as many different devices as others here* here but I've fallen in love (and hate) with the two Evotion cages I've been locked into. Go for it!

13. young88

young88 Long term member

Local Time:
    11:00 PM
    I also have the Bijou, cannot fault it, although D dropped it after removal and the slide area where the PA is located broke. It hit the bathroom tiles hard. As a temporary measure we glued it back together and have used it for the last 3 months without any issue. We have ordered a new tube and forward cage section in the new Jet-black as a replacement and hope to have that in the next 2 weeks.
    The longest I have worn the Bijou without removal is the 3 months and have no issue with odour, shower daily and use liquid soap on a toothbrush then hand shower on a hard jet setting and dry with Q tips. Seems to work perfectly. We also put a couple of drops of light oil in the lock just to make sure it doesn't seize.
    I think I like the Bijou more than the Lori's 5A now, it is just so much lighter and achieves the same outcome of not being able to get an erection or an orgasm. D tests it regularly with her wand and Erocilator.

ChasteCel likes this.
  14. Cloverclamp

Cloverclamp Member

Boston, MA
    Local Time:
    I think drying things out is the key to keeping the odor issue away. I do clean the device with rubbing alcohol to try and kill anything that might grow.

ChasteCel likes this.
  15. sadiedog01

sadiedog01 Long term member

Local Time:
    6:00 AM
    I have been trying to contact Andrew at Evotion for about 2 weeks now and have not received any reply.

Any guess at what's going on?

16. Temptation-ectomy

Temptation-ectomy New member

CA
    Local Time:
    Contact Yvonne instead. She's pretty responsive.

17. Plakjekaas

Plakjekaas Member

Local Time:
    2:00 PM
    Evotion is pretty amazing.

Great customer service, if there is something not as expected they will make up without any discussion.

Communication is quick, to the point and always clear.

Just ordered my second cage at Evotion.

18. pokekey

pokekey Long term member

United States, upper left part
    Local Time:
    I’m in a Bijou and find it very comfortable. Most nights, no problem sleeping.

I shower about every other day and soap it up very well. I can get a soapy finger inside the cage and use that to scrub between cage and penis. No other special tools. After peeing, I try to rinse with water. If at home, I can do this reliably. If not, not always.

M takes it off every 3rd or 4th day for sex. She rinses it then.

With this cleaning, no problems with smell.

19. sadiedog01

sadiedog01 Long term member

Local Time:
    If you are a long term wearer of a Bijou device, please be cognizant of amount of time that has past since you were unlocked as the brass cylinder lock can freeze up making it impossible to remove the device without cutting it off. I had a near miss with this as the key would not even insert into the lock. After telling my Wife/Mistress about the frozen lock She says " what's the difference, its not coming off anyways!". This was a very strange mind f*ck for me as the Bijou has indeed not been removed since we purchased it close to a year ago.
    After spraying the lock with WD-40 on a nightly basis, after the 3rd night I finally managed to get the key to insert and coaxed it to unlock. The new cylinder lock was promptly installed and the keys were handed over to my Wife/ Mistress. As I handed Her the keys I felt an absolute sense of submissiveness overwhelm me knowing She truly controls my sex.
    My guess is the lock is not designed for combination of urine and water that it encounters. The lock is in a bad place as urine always leaks onto it when I relive myself. I'm thinking about purchasing another cylinder lock, then rotating the locks on a monthly basis, soaking lock #2 in WD-40 while it is not in use. I need to discuss this with my Wife / Mistress and hope She agrees.... or perhaps She will tell me to let the new lock corrode and freeze up ???

20. young88

young88 Long term member

Local Time:
    11:00 PM
    Had exactly the same problem. Used the WD40 to get it working again. We now use a couple of drops of light machine oil every week and that has solved the problem. But forget to do it and the lock will be frozen solid again.

21. Adam444

Adam444 Long term member

Chicagoland, USA
    Local Time:
    I'm sorry but that is just silly. There are any number of perfectly valid reasons a device might be need to be removed and having to destroy an expensive device seems an odd thing to do for the sake of some notion of "permanency". Unfortunately these locks only come in brass and brass isn't that corrosion resistant, especially to something like urine. Regular use of a light machine oil is probably your best.

WD-40 is a lousy lubricant and generally poor at breaking free frozen parts. Try PB Blaster next time.

Jessica Alexander and Unlucky like this.
  22. tecolote

tecolote Long term member

Government
    California
    Local Time:
    I agree, but if she's just saying it to get into his head, I think that can (potentially) just be part of the game. Of course, this would be incredibly cruel for some people, but incredibly hot for others. Either way, it should be a fantasy only (meaning that she shouldn't *actually* let the lock freeze intentionally). But acting like she might ...? I think that's fair.

bondinchas likes this.
  23. jmanque

jmanque Active member

Writer
    San Francisco
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I saw this type of lock on eBay recently made of plastic with a plastic key. I'm guessing these devices aren't high quality just from their look, but I'm pretty sure they'd be easier to remove.

24. Qveik

Qveik Embarked on a new adventure

London UK
    Local Time:
    1:00 PM
    Hi, I'm just about to place an order for orion, but I'm struggling with the measurement and I don't want it to go wrong. Would you help? Everytime I measure the numbers are different if it's smaller the circumference is bigger because of the foreskin being shrinked, or longer flaccid and circumference is smaller.
    Regarding glans thats almost the same most of the time.
    Any advice would be much appreciated

25. ChasteCel

Local Time:
    Hey, sure. When I measured, I took each measurement about 5-6 times (in mm) using a digital caliper I got from Amazon, then averaged each measurement together. It's also good to do it when you're not excited and take those measurements over time.

I'd advise something similar with the caveat that if you have a measurement that's way off from the others, to disregard it. In other words, if you're measuring the diameter and have 30, 29, 28, 32, 40, 33 and 30 ... then throw out the 40 and average the other 5.

Good luck!

jackburden and bondinchas like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice