Evolution and Chastity

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by Guest 6019, Nov 20, 2020.

Random Thread
  1. Guest 6019

Guest 6019 Long term member

Local Time:
    11:55 PM
    Very interesting. It ties in very nicely with the shift from one male for many females to a more monogamous paradigm over the last few million years, and accelerated more recently when language came into the equation with the changes in the FoxP2 gene. A vestigial trait.

2. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    I also think you over thinking it! Just enjoy it!

3. Guest 6019

Guest 6019 Long term member

Local Time:
    Lol. It may be over-thinking for some, but for me, with a strong interest in Evolution it was inevitable I would think about it from this angle too. I am certainly enjoying it all. Best decision I have made since marrying my wife.

Chaste J. and Headtrip like this.
  4. Locked_Up_Tight

Locked_Up_Tight Active member

Indianapolis
    Local Time:
    7:55 PM
    The effects of chastity are the result of a leaned association between your own natural arousal and the sense of inferiority that comes from a power imbalance that you're on the weaker side of.

Both of those psychological phenomena do have a lot of evolutionary roots. But I don't think the tendency to combine the two together is instinctive. It's something we have to expose ourselves to through experience and get used to.

5. Timberwoof

Timberwoof Active member

Local Time:
    4:55 PM
    "At no time in the history of the animal kingdom since the beginning of sexual reproduction, many hundreds of millions of years ago, has any species, that I am aware of, voluntarily chosen abstinence over gratification until Homo sapiens."

That's not actually true and may be a fallacy from ignorance.

Wolves do this. In a typical wolf pack, only the lead male and female breed. The other members contribute to raising and protecting the young, but they do not breed. That is just one species I'm aware of, and we don't actually know much about the reproductive behavior of half a billion years of animals.

I would also caution against analyzing this in evolutionary psychology terms, or social-darwinist nonsense about unworthy nonbreeders. Psychology and sociology are way too complicated to ascribe behaviors to simple genetic explanations.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice