Erotica: Kinky vs. Vanilla

Discussion in 'Journals and blogs' started by Guest 1923, Jul 14, 2019.

?

Would you be open to reading kinky erotica over vanilla erotica?

Poll closed Jul 28, 2019.
  1. Sure! It sounds kind of interesting!

66.7%
  2. Perhaps not. It sounds kind of scary.

3.7%
  3. Erotica is erotica. I enjoy reading about sexual encounters period.

29.6%
Random Thread
  1. Guest 1923

Guest 1923 Member

Local Time:
    3:22 AM
    Good day, everyone. If this is in the wrong section, then please be kind to point me in the section where I should place this thread. It will be much appreciated.

There are a few words I'd like to define before I say them for the sake of avoiding confusion. In this thread, when I say normal/vanilla sex, I am talking about regular old sex — nothing extra and not involving chastity or kink. I will say kinky sex if it consists of some kink (anything outside of vanilla activities). Yes, many people who are vanilla (including my husband) consider chastity kinky. I've polled some of the men and women in my life and asked them would they ever be involved in chastity, and they raised an eyebrow to me because they have vanilla sex and aren't familiar with it. However, I've gathered the impression that many people do not view chastity as a form of kink, or it must be a misunderstanding because I'm somewhat new to this site, and I still have not grasped the jargon. I'll correct it if it is wrong.

Oh and one more: play scene- A session where kinky play takes place.

On with the thread!

As you have might have gathered, those of you who have communicated with me or have read my profile, I'm a writer. I enjoy writing fiction, poetry, short stories, and yes, erotica! I started a long time ago on another site because I was sexually frustrated that I had not had sex in quite some time, and I missed sex with one of my exes. Out of frustration, I wrote about the first time I had sex with my best friend. It was beautiful, and it was such an enjoyable experience for both of us. Well, after I wrote my first story, I honestly thought it wasn't that great until I posted it on the site where I was. Several people told me they had to take breaks while reading because it became too much. I had the same sentiments! Writing from sexual frustration or lack of specific experiences meant that I was on to something. I started writing more erotic stories and poems and realized I had a genuine love of writing sexual literature. It was so liberating!

...and then there was kinky erotica.

My first time was a few days before I joined CM. The funny thing about research is that your mind gets going with the more you learn. You start getting ideas, and it was when I was talking to my friend from this site, that I had an inkling of how to go about this. Again, I had yet to have an actual play scene. I have not had a chance where I got an opportunity to explore all the desires I've wanted to explore with someone who wanted to explore them with me. Explore...lol fun word.

So, as I had been with my vanilla erotica, I decided to write out of frustration of how it would play out if I were to finally find someone who'd go on kinky adventures with me. I wrote it very well and hit the nail on the head with some. One person told me that they felt déjà vu while reading my story. That made me feel quite proud. I truly felt like I was going somewhere with this.

I've already written a book. My book is a fantasy novel. I tried to put together fiction and erotica, and it didn't work out. So, I took out the erotica and finished the fiction book with vanilla sex scenes. The scenes weren't as descriptive, but it was vivid. I'll come back to my erotica that I've written because I love that I'm bisexual and I'm just as good as writing erotica from both sides. Plus, I've never seen a lot of bisexual literature. Therefore I need to put more out there. No, I have not published my book yet, but I will as soon as I find an affordable editor and publisher. I'm even going to try and edit the text myself, and self publish.

Anyway, I'm writing this thread not to ask a question, but expressing how fun it is to write erotica from different perspectives and different themes. I'll be posting my erotic stories, both kinky and vanilla, on my profile. So check by every so often. I might do a story a week, a month, or infrequently. I have not decided yet. Anyway, I have written one with chastity in it, and I've received some good feedback.

Thanks for reading!

P.S. I posted a poll because I'm curious to see how many people would actually give kinky erotica a chance. It is the psychologist in me. I'm going to write another blog based on the comments and responses to the poll that I receive from this post. I'm going to write a book about my experiences between the kink and vanilla community.

Love2blocked and Ms. Joanne like this.
  2. Ms. Joanne

Ms. Joanne Long term member

Writer
    UK
    Local Time:
    9:22 AM
    Hi Cat,

I'm actually surprised nobody has even bothered to vote yet. However I think you will find around here that most will gravitate towards kinky erotica. I would vote but I wouldn't want to constrain myself to one specific choice since I read a variety of fiction. Good description, interesting characters and effective world building is what I look for. As well as a touch of lighthearted comedy on occasion and some good steamy sex scenes. Reading habits vary often to suit a particular mood or desire.

You should always write what you feel you are best at. A few books I've read often have token bisexual characters but I've never come across one that had a bisexual protagonist. Therefore your unique approach would make for an interesting read.

Discussing writing with you has actually prompted me to write again too. I am currently attempting the fantasy genre and mine certainly does have kinky scenes. I think vanilla sex would look really out of place in my rather warped creation. :)

Guest 1923 likes this.
  3. notbeinfringed85

notbeinfringed85 Active member

Electrician and First Responder
    Kentucky
    Local Time:
    4:22 AM
    Growing up with the internet, I have been exposed to so much stuff, it is like I have become desensitized to things. Vanilla sex is one of them. There are only so many ways to talk about plain ol’ rolling in the hay, but kinky really opens it up. Vanilla sex can be more emotional when read about, which is great, but kinky is what makes cages tighter.

I’m looking forward to your stories.

Guest 1923 and Sissy_Denise like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice