Epilator

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by Smaug, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Smaug

Smaug Member

Local Time:
    3:17 AM
    I just bought a Braun Silk-epil 7781 epilator. I started using it last night, i took a hot shower, dried off and used the pre-epitation wipe that came with the unit. Normally I keep my legs shaved but let the hair grow just enough so there would be enough for the epilator to grab. OUCH, OUCH, OUCH! I was able to get about half my legs done last night and will continue again tonight, and forget about doing the underarms with it, LOL. If any of you ladies out there like to Femme your sub, and would like to add a bit of torture to it, you could require him to epilate his legs or worse, other more sensitive spots? I tried my chest, I don't have much hair but only got about half done with that also. The epilator works wonderfully and what i was able to get done looks great. I hear that once one uses this for a while it gets much less painful, I hope so. I really like the way it leaves my legs hairless with no stubble at all. I would recommend this to a friend.

2. countachcx

countachcx Senior Member

Local Time:
    11:17 AM
    Owch, no thank you. I'll stick to my no!no! hair remover thing.
    I'm a painslut as much as the next gal, but not for that >.>

3. Petite Salope

Petite Salope Sissy Cherry

Local Time:
    6:17 AM
    I might give it a try eventually.

I'm tired of shaving every 2 days or using hair remover cream every 4 days, self waxing is too messy.
    And I don't have the money for laser hair removal.

-Cherry

4. Smaug

Smaug Member

Local Time:
    I finished doing my legs last night, I started getting used to it by the end, even though it still huts a lot. I did my chest also, WOW. I am going to keep it up now so maybe it will start hurting a lot less, that's the rumor anyway. I love how smooth my legs were when it was finished and so did my Majesty. It will save us money in the long run as razor blades are expensive.

5. maid katrin

maid katrin chaste sissy maid

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Beauty knows no pain ... LOL ... rest assured the pain will decrease over the time and what's even better the hairs growing back will be thinner as well. Of course, not in a few weeks but frequent use for a year will do the trick.

Hugs, maid katrin

6. Petite Salope

Petite Salope Sissy Cherry

Local Time:
    I think it's better a little pain than to cut and bruise yourself with a rasor-blade, like I just did.

Even if small cuts doesn't hurt much, they leave scars for a few days!

I just put an epilator on my wish list!

-Cherry

7. northern_light

northern_light Junior Member

Local Time:
    10:17 AM
    I have had great fun using an epilator on my sub. Yes it does hurt (I tried it on my arm - never again). However it has solved the problem of sub having to shave at least every other day. Both the legs and arms are now much smoother and the hair growth appears to have decreased. As sub has little body fat the more painful areas appear to be chest and shins. Definately a good alternative to shaving, waxing or the hair removal creams, I however shall stick to my trusty razor, Im not by any means a pain slut.

8. Looking Glass Girl

Local Time:
    I definitely agree with this review. I love my silk-epil because it's so fast and does such a great job... but you're right, it is quite painful, especially right at first.
    :confused0068:

I wouldn't be able to use it if I didn't spray on some lidocaine numbing anesthetic first. I just use the Gigi 4% lidocaine spray and give it a good ten minutes to start working before I begin. It still smarts plenty right at first, but as long as you have some of that spray, it's tolerable enough so you can go pretty fast - about the same pace as you would with an electric razor. You get nice and smooth and you won't have razor stubble.

9. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I wouldn't be without my Epilator. I threaten pet with it every so often, but it's mainly for my use!

Remember to keep well exfoliated or you will get ingrown hairs.

10. PGsslave

PGsslave Member

Local Time:
    Goddess's and my day at the spa

For our anniversary (1st) we had a day at the spa. I got leg wax, it wasn't that bad. We told the vanilla's that I lost a bet.

11. PGsslave

PGsslave Member

Local Time:
    UK people

Mistress Watchful,
    I didn't know y'all UK people even shaved?

12. Smaug

Smaug Member

Local Time:
    Exfoliate

Thank you for the reminder Mistress Watchful to exfoliate. I did read about that and use a loofa every day while showering to avoid those nasty ingrown hairs.

13. Michsubhusband

None
    South Portland, Maine
    Local Time:
    There is a product called" NO NO" and other companies are coming out with their versions. It is supposed to be pain less except the cost $300-400 US Dollar. They are on line, at Amazon and one even at COSTCO. Have not tried yet, hoping to see more and less expensive

14. lock4ever

lock4ever Member

Local Time:
    When using lidocaine on such a large area, you run the risk of encountering lidocaine toxicity. The risk is much more so with lidocaine and benzocaine than other -caine anesthetics because the reduced potency requires more product to be used. A lethal dose is > 7 mg/kg.

A 44 g bottle of Gigi 4% lidocaine contains 1759 mg of lidocaine, which is a lethal dose for anyone weighing under 115 lbs.

Not saying don't use, just read the directions and don't use it all at once. Lidocaine is much safer than benzocaine, which is ever less potent, and therefore likely to be found in higher concentration, which can cause methemoglobinemia.

15. Looking Glass Girl

Local Time:
    Thank you very much for this information - that's very important to know! I don't think I've ever done my whole body in a single sitting or on the same day. Usually I'll do my arms one day, then the next week I'll do something else. Even with the lidocaine, I don't like to do it all at once. Now I'll be sure to not do that - thank you again VERY MUCH for this information!

I go through 2, maybe 3 of those little cans of Gigi with the 4% lidocaine in a year, so I think I'm probably OK... but still, very good info to keep in mind.
    :Tulip_Up:

16. lock4ever

lock4ever Member

Local Time:
    It actually won't be a problem unless you, say put on an entire bottle and wrap your legs in Saran wrap. Some people have done this to prepare for laser hair removal and have died.

http://health.yahoo.com/pain-medications/lidocaine-topical/healthwise--d00683a1.html

As always, even with over the counter products, if you are not following the directions and using it on larger surface areas, you definitely should be talking to a doctor.

Anyways, I always found waxing to be better than epilation. The pain level is the same, but it is over much faster.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice