EmlaLock API

Discussion in 'Online chastity and self locking' started by scottishsubby, Feb 14, 2019.

1. scottishsubby

scottishsubby Chasing ghosts...

Professional
    Scotland, Glasgow
    Local Time:
    10:39 PM
    Anyone ever played with this? I'm considering starting a project to integrate an electronic safe directly with the site to eliminate the need for pictures and the possibility of cheating that it provides.

Basically, the safe would have a code as normal BUT would only open once the session had been completed - prior to completion you could enter the unlock code all you want and the door just won't open.

S.

Obsequious and OscartheTurtle like this.
  2. Obsequious

Obsequious Property of Madame “E”

United States
    Local Time:
    5:39 PM
    Great idea! Let me know how you make this work. Quite intriguing and I am definitely interested in the security it seems like it would provide

3. Kindhop

Kindhop New member

Local Time:
    2:39 PM
    i love this idea new to the sight any one have any other ideas like thi maybe a bluetooth box my problem is setting the combo mi likely to rember it

4. trenck

trenck Active member

Local Time:
    11:39 PM
    This thread started long before I registered to this site. Now that I'm seeing it...
    That would not prevent cheating, neither at session start (e.g. not putting all the keys into the safe) nor during a session (e.g. using multiple accounts, exploiting the max-duration bug...).

The Emlalock API is very limited. It only provides an "info" command which the safe would have to issue to check the session parameters and the number of past sessions when the safe is closed, and then to check again when the user tries to open it. When the session is finished, an empty session info is returned. Whether the session was aborted or finished regularly can only determined by comparing the number of aborted sessions and the total number of sessions with the initial values.

The safe obviously needs an internet connection (directly or indirectly), and if a technically adept lockee can reconfigure the network settings, he can cheat by redirecting the requests to another server.

There are many other issues, such as battery changes, persistence of memory, and the need to input the userid and apikey.

I don't see how this whole mess could be preferable to a simple photo upload.

Do it like me. Buy a Frostfire Mooncode (or similar) with a shackle, open it, hang it somewhere, change the combination, take a photo without looking at the number (which would be difficult to read anyway as it is upside down), but with checking the focus and area. If you accidentally saw a digit, or if it was just a test run, delete the photo and start over with changing the combination. When you're done, upload the photo and delete your local copies. If you're in doubt whether the combination is readable, ask your keyholder if it is, before you scramble the wheels.

5. Kindhop

Kindhop New member

Local Time:
    2:39 PM
    Do it like me. Buy a Frostfire Mooncode (or similar) with a shackle, open it, hang it somewhere, change the combination, take a photo without looking at the number (which would be difficult to read anyway as it is upside down), but with checking the focus and area. If you accidentally saw a digit, or if it was just a test run, delete the photo and start over with changing the combination. When you're done, upload the photo and delete your local copies. If you're in doubt whether the combination is readable, ask your keyholder if it is, before you scramble the wheels.[/QUOTE]

thanks will look dont have a key holder that maybe part of it like i want to be locked and unlocked same time

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice