Emergency keys, and why I don’t have one

Discussion in 'Chastity in vanilla life' started by BarbCD, Sep 9, 2019.

Random Thread
  1. BarbCD

BarbCD Long term member

Gainfully employed!
    Connecticut, USA
    Local Time:
    7:03 AM
    Warning, probably going to be a lengthy read without much point.

My wife/KH and I fit this forum. She’s naturally vanilla, though she has always been a supporting wife with my cross dressing needs. She will indulge my occasional need for bondage, but does not feel it herself. But she does seem to like my chastity devices (MM jailbird and pet trap) though we only use it intermittently because of her desire for PIV sex. But when I am locked, it’s at her request, and I stay locked until she lets me out. That’s our agreement....I can certainly hint I’d like to be locked, but I do not ask to be unlocked.

Until recently, I always kept a backup key with me. My cages have been custom fitted to fine tolerances by MM, so they are quite comfortable and we use countersunk security screws. In short, because of the fit and my anatomy once on, neither one is coming off without the key, bolt cutters, or WAY more pain than I am willing to endure voluntarily.

At first we both thought the backup key was vital. I work in a corporate environment, and my office is over an hour away by commuter rail. Until we fine tuned the fit, I would occasionally slip out on one side, and having the key allowed me to recage myself. But part of it was her desire that I have the freedom to let myself out. (I told you she was vanilla....didn’t really understand the whole idea at first. )

But then, a few months ago, by chance, that changed and I do not have an emergency key at all. And I LOVE it!

The short story is that I was caged, and had given her one key. A few days later she was going to uncage me for sex, but after I heard her scrambling around a bit upstairs, she came down and confessed she had lost the key, and asked if we could use the emergency key.

I better digress a bit. More of a funny story, several months prior we were away on along weekend getaway in Vermont, and I had bee n locked beforehand. So our first evening up, after a nice romantic dinner, wine by the fireplace, we headed off to the bedroom....only for her to realize she had forgotten the key! And my backup key was in my briefcase back home (I knew we’d be together and she’d have her key.). Well, as you can imagine, her PIV desires went unfulfilled, and we laughed about it the rest of the weekend and even now joke about it. For me, it was exciting in a different way....here I was ready to be out, eager for sex, only to be seriously denied! I discovered I enjoyed that feeling more than I expected.

Ok, so back to the lost key. So yes, I got out the emergency key, she unlocked me, and we continued our evening.

The next day I suggested to her that I should probably contact Mature Metal and order a new set of screws and two keys, so we’d have a backup. But to my surprise, she asked if that was really necessary. She noted that we are together usually, and I work from home 3-4 days a week. I agreed with that, then added that since I last fine tuned the fit, I have not slipped out, and even when trying couldn’t easily get out, so I saw no need for a key to recage myself in the event of a “slip and fall”.

And I had previously learned that I REALLY liked not having a backup. Not sure why, but knowing I have no means of (practically speaking) removing the cage is hugely comforting and thrilling for me at the same time.

So, at her suggestion, we never did order a new set, and she keeps the only key when I am locked. And I couldn’t be happier with that. I love that she has the only key, and my release is only at her desire. Also, I have found it is less stressful in certain situations. I don’t have to have an internal debate as to whether I should remove the cage or not....I can’t! So if I head off to a four day convention with buddies and she doesn’t hand me the key, guess who stayed locked the whole trip? Off to the state fair and worried about the men’s rooms? Too bad! I love that I have no say in the matter. And just as important to me is that she prefers it that way too!

P.s.: A few weeks ago she actually found the MIA key. But now when I get locked (such as last night), I hand her BOTH keys! And yes, there is a fantasy part of me hoping she misplaces them both!

Take care, and if you made it this far, thank you!

2. MissyB

MissyB Long term member

maid, (I wish)
    Tennessee hills
    Local Time:
    Cute story and I agree. If she has your keys and you are at a point where your cage fit is comfortable, then by all means avoid carrying one for yourself. Part of the thrill of chastity is knowing your KH has total control of you. Now if she was away and unavailable that might be different, but given your scenario I think She might the right decision. Good luck and thanks for posting.

sissy veronique and remyruff like this.
  3. keysandlocks

Verified Female

Self Employed/Retired
    English Female
    Local Time:
    12:03 PM
    A friend of mine lost his keys all together, and had to be cut out.

Guest 3939, DCW, Guest 2684 and 4 others like this.
  4. Rkve1

Rkve1 Locked and (just about) OrgasmFree since 1-16-2020

New York
    Local Time:
    Having an emergency key does reduce the feeling of being completely in someone else's control, I agree.

The fanatasy that if you really wanted to get out and be told no and not have any recourse is hot. Lots of aspects though can reduce that excitement - like knowing you can pull out of a device or cut the device off or unlock it with an emergency key.

I got a PA to reduce that impact (increase the fantasy) that being locked isnt by choice. I also dont carry or have an emergency key for the same reason -Except when I travel by air when I need the key to get through security and lock in back on. That's when some numbered plastic seals come in handy.

Anyway, can definitely relate to how keeping the reality as close to fantasy help keep the excitement (and frustration) levels up.

5. Jail Bird

Jail Bird Long term member

Mitten State
    Local Time:
    I'm doubled locked by my wife. I have the standard small padlock that I have a key for in case I need it. She drilled a small hole in the stem of Jail Bird where the cage slides on and puts a plastic numbered security tag on me. There's no way to remove the cage without breaking/removing her security tag. So, I have the padlock key but it really does do too much with breaking that security tag. I stay controlled but if needed I could get out. Of course I better have an amazing reason for removing her tag without permission.

She keeps the tag numbers in her phone. I love seeing her security tag attached to my cage!

6. b_quark

b_quark Long term member

USA
    Local Time:
    5:03 AM
    The device I'm in right now has a padlock, and my wife lost the extra key long ago. So there is just the one key and none for emergencies, which is fine. I have never had an emergency key, nor a need for one. Of course, I do hope she doesn't lose the one remaining key!

That said, I have never done air travel in chastity... yet. Recently I bought an HTv3 Nano just for this purpose, and the plan will be for me to be locked the entire trip (including security checkpoints) and to carry an emergency key in a sealed envelope.

gingers_sub likes this.
  7. Peaches

Peaches "kinky guy"

Business owner
    South Carolina
    Local Time:
    We had a dilemma recently. My wife started out on a road trip with the kids leaving me behind. She hid my emergency key in my truck. I was to make the 20 hour drive locked and call her if I needed the key. I made it the whole way having to contend with rest stop and gas station toliets. Gross.

For the trip home she let me be unlocked. But now we needed to figure out a way to disable the emergency key. We decided to freeze it. My emergency key rest at the bottom of a jar of water in the bottom of the freezer....

CerberusSD likes this.
  8. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    I have never had an emergency key, madam has my key in her purse, and she keeps a back up in her safe in her bedroom, so I can understand your exhilaration at now being trapped in your cage!

9. DoesasTold

DoesasTold Long term member

Security Systems
    Upstate / NY
    Local Time:
    I don’t like having one with me in my wallet but I carry one in case there is a medical emergency or if the scrotum burn became unbearable.

I have grown more and more comfy in the cage with the last few lock up periods and haven’t had any periods that I thought man I gotta take this off and readjust!

I’ll admit that the thought of not having the key would make it seem more real for me. Not that I would ever cheat because I simply wouldn’t and never have but the feeling of knowing I couldn’t even if I wanted to would be a little more comforting.

b_quark likes this.
  10. DonnaSue

DonnaSue Long term member

Retired
    Southeast US
    Local Time:
    6:03 AM
    My Mistress is often away and, since i"ve had 2 prior heart attacks, there's always the possibility of medical issues that might require my being unlocked. Therefore, Mistress purchased a small, gold choker neckace for me, put the extra key on it and super-glued the clasp shut. That way, if absolutely necessary (and at the cost of a new gold chain), the necklace can simply be ripped from my neck to get to the key.

While this covers the safety issue very well, it also adds to my torment knowing that the key is always right there, but opening my cgae is so very far away from my control.

chasteslut, ShinyBoy, Solo1 and 6 others like this.
  11. Elfman

Elfman Gay werewolves & martinis

Artist, photographer, bartender
    Boise, Idaho
    Local Time:
    4:03 AM
    No emergency key here. I've never had one. I need to feel under my KH's control whether I like it or not, and the latter is not infrequent.

R2002 likes this.
  12. Dannysub

Dannysub Active member

Self-employed
    France, Paris
    Local Time:
    1:03 PM
    Well if she does you'll just have to file the padlock off :)

For air travel, well a padlock or metallick lock may still trigger the gates I suspect (I think they are tuned to a more sensitive mode than in other places), so maybe you should test it first (i.e. having your lock in the pocket to see if it rings, and the cage in your bag). Maybe a plastick cage + plastic padlock/seal is a better solution

13. b_quark

b_quark Long term member

USA
    Local Time:
    Already have bolt cutters for this purpose. I purchased them after the other padlock froze. :)

The HolyTrainer is a plastic cage with a tiny "MagicLocker" that is probably no more metal than my zipper. I've read of several people that were able to go through metal detectors just fine.

14. R2002

R2002 Long term member

Attorney
    USA
    Local Time:
    No emergency key for me
    That is how my Wife likes it (me too)

b_quark likes this.
  15. locked_cuckold

locked_cuckold Active member

United States. Sheridan, WY
    Local Time:
    My biggest fear, honestly, is slipping out and not being able to get it back on because it's locked. So I have a key holder with one key and the other key is kept in a locked box to which she (only!) has the combination.

16. aussie_chaste

aussie_chaste Active member

Central Coast, NSW, Australia
    Local Time:
    9:03 PM
    Some people would say that is a sign that you should be in permanent chastity. :)

b_quark likes this.
  17. Rectrix

Rectrix Long term member

US East Coast
    Local Time:
    Great idea.

18. Rectrix

Rectrix Long term member

US East Coast
    Local Time:
    Since I'm a bicycle commuter I do have an emergency key.

Jail Bird likes this.
  19. Miffy

Miffy Long term member

Local Time:
    We have drifted into the no emergency key zone too...may have to revise that dunno yet

Jail Bird likes this.
  20. Sublifter49

Sublifter49 Long term member

Local Time:
    smaller.jpg

This is my emergency key..I have to send a picture on occasion to show my wife it hasnt been used.

21. Sublifter49

Sublifter49 Long term member

Local Time:
    Sealed in a homemade metal tube with a numbered plastic seal to keep me honest

gingers_sub likes this.
  22. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    they in Mistress handbag I think.

23. Mandyman

Mandyman Long term member

Local Time:
    What would happen if She lost the only key? Would you be trapped forever? We don't have a spare, we are using a conventional padlock and threw the spare away, I like that my Wife has the only key. But if it were lost or in an emergency i could buy a hacksaw or bolt croppers to cut the padlock.

What would you do? Would you have to visit the original manufacturer in person to be released?

24. BarbCD

BarbCD Long term member

Gainfully employed!
    Connecticut, USA
    Local Time:
    Two options: suffer the very undesirable pain of forcing my testicles through the gap or bolt cutters and ruin a $400 chastity device. Both options are undesirable but would have no long lasting consequence, so like chastity in general it’s primarily a head game.

25. Miss Amandas boy

Miss Amandas boy Submissive to Mistress Amanda

Shropshire
    Local Time:
    To begin with I was always given an emergency key when I was travelling for business. Partly this was because I was allowed to remove the cage before passing through airport security, on the condition that I re-locked once I was air side. The other reason, as others in this thread have mentioned, was to avoid any situation where the cage was causing serious discomfort. My Mistress has always said that chastity is not about pain. If she feels I need punishing with pain she has far more effective and traditional ways to achieve that.

Now that I have overcome my concerns about passing through security while locked, one of the reasons for the emergency key has been removed, and as the cage I wear has never caused serious discomfort (the application of more baby oil rapidly reduces any pain that might arise) the second reason is also obselete.

As with others in this thread, I much prefer to be without an emergency key. It reinforces the reality of our FLR, and her loving control over me. However the remote possibility of a medical emergency requiring removal of the cage suggests that travelling with a key would be a sensible choice.

I would never cheat, and my Mistress knows this, but she is also pragmatic about the small risk of an event occuring which would require uncaging. So to that end she is investigating lock boxes. The other option which I had not considered until reading this thread, is the use of plastic chastity locks to secure the key from use, other than by cutting the plastic tag. I will discuss this with Miss A when I get home.

Rectrix likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice