emails emails emails - disable all emails

Discussion in 'Site announcements and information' started by Love&Passion, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Love&Passion

Love&Passion Long term member

Local Time:
    4:26 PM
    I know it is my fault but I am sure I am not the only one this happens to. Whenever I reply to a new thread the box that I want to follow and want to receive emails is ticked.

upload_2018-4-26_15-25-6.png

90% of the time I don't see it and pop, pop.. pop emails are rolling in. Then I have to click - disable all emails and all is good until the next response.

Is there a way you can disable emails for people that clicked disable all emails and not then have them auto tick the box - I want emails?

Thanks so much in advance!

zbovka and Slave to a Goddess like this.
  2. Love&Passion

Local Time:
    is this a possibility? @L-u-c-y Thanks.. and I hope it didn't come along as complaining... But if there is a way to remove the auto prefill it would be awesome.

Slave to a Goddess likes this.
  3. L-u-c-y

Staff Member Owner of Chastity Mansion Administrator Verified Female

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    9:26 PM
  4. Love&Passion

Local Time:
    Oh wow thanks, it works

Slave to a Goddess likes this.
  5. zbovka

zbovka Design Enthusiast

Local Time:
    4:26 AM
    Point is, he's saying this shouldn't be a default option. It's annoying for me too as I have an email notification application which works for all emails (and unforutnately I can't de-select specific addresses with it, although it shouldn't be too hard to code in). Deselcted all options involving the keyword "email" and still got emails, eventually I settle din on disabling just about everything.

6. Jalen

Jalen Bird, locked.

Musician and more
    Chicagoland
    Local Time:
    3:26 PM
    I set this up in preferences the moment I created my profile and the settings have been saved ever since. I do this everywhere as I do not ever want to receive email notifications about anything. It's just part of the process of signing up anywhere for me.

It makes sense that sites do this by default. They're encouraging traffic and participation. It's up to the end users to opt out instead of opting in. If it defaulted to opting out, people might never opt in in the first place, much like price clubs and discount cards at stores. "Do you have our stupid little card?" No. "Do you want one?" No, never.

But think of how a site can maintain itself through traffic and user participation, and you can see why it is beneficial for them to promote this as the default state.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice