Edge-O-Matic 3000 review

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by ValleyMichael, Feb 6, 2021.

Random Thread
  1. ValleyMichael

ValleyMichael Junior Member

Local Time:
    4:43 PM
    I recently picked up an Edge-O-Matic 3000 from Maustec and damn, is it worth it.

The EOM is an evolution of the Nogasm design, adding wifi, a GUI for configuration, and some more adjustments. The basic premise of the device is simple: there's an inflatable butt plug and a vibrator. The butt plug connects to a pressure sensor, which it uses to look for involuntary contractions prior to an orgasm. The vibrator slowly ramps up until the device detects that you're getting close, then it turns off for a bit, eventually starting back at the beginning and ramping up slowly again. You can connect the vibrator to a Hummingbird or similar toy to attach it to a penis (the supplied vibrator is compatible with Magic Wand attachments), or to a silicone sleeve to use in a different way. There's some adjustments to make it turn off more or less aggressively and to tune the pressure sensor.

The EOM uses a somewhat different algorithm than the Nogasm. The Nogasm just looks for one big contraction. If there's one over a threshold, whoops, off it goes! The EOM instead keeps a sum of recent contractions - a small one will add a little bit to the total. The sum also decays over time, going down over time, so that old contractions get ignored. You might recognize this as essentially an exponential moving average. I've found that it works pretty well, but definitely plan to try fiddling with it. It's open source, so you can change it, though it's a bit of effort getting set up to build it. I've found the developer to be very responsive on Discord, so if you know how to code and want to try changing things you can.

So far I've done 3 sessions with the EOM. The first one, I had it tuned a little wrong and eventually came. The second one, I still had it up juuust a little too much and had a ruined orgasm - some squirting due to the tight tube and my PA jewelry causing constriction, but since the vibrations turned off 1-2 seconds before I came it was quite unsatisfying. The third one I don't think I'd ever have been able to come from it, though I might have had a ruined orgasm again. They were each about 40-60 minutes. I've found that over time, I want to turn down the threshold so that it'll turn off faster, so the algorithm isn't quite right for me yet. One thing that my wife and I really like about it is that because it's sensing my arousal, it doesn't make it much more likely to mess up if we fool around otherwise, which means she can participate more.

The Hummingbird attachment definitely is a little too tight for me - need to try finding something a little bigger. It left some marks on my penis which are going to take a little bit of time to heal, and isn't as comfortable as it could be. Hopefully there's something better out there - anyone know of other such sleeves I should look at?

It's already supported by Buttplug.io, so if you want to integrate it with something else, you can. But the developer also plans to add direct support for Lovense toys (it has a Bluetooth controller already), which will let it run a separate vibrator either instead or in addition to the one that plugs into it. That's also planned to come with some modes which let the vibrator respond to arousal differently: either the current algorithm (ramp-stop mode); turning down vibration smoothly with arousal, only going off over the threshold; and increasing vibration with arousal, which seems like a great mode for the top in a scene to use for themselves. No promises on timeline there, but personally I'm really looking forward to that software update. Definitely planning to try it out with a Nimblestroker or something similar in the future.

It's not a cheap device at $510 all in. You can save a bit if you already have an inflatable butt plug and wand attachment, bringing it down to $450.

All in all, I'd give it an 8/10. Once I get the sleeve replaced with something better, and the algorithm gets a little more tuned to allow for adjustment free play, that score will go up. You can pick up your own from Maustec.

2. Lazlo Toth

Lazlo Toth C/D on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale: 9/9

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    1:43 PM
    Love to see a video someday....Thanks for the info!

LongTimeLurker likes this.
  3. noon3e

noon3e New member

Local Time:
    10:43 PM
    #3 noon3e, Feb 11, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
    I've bought a nogasm classic (the previous version) and it's detection algorithm is the exponential moving average as well.
    I recently flashed an edited firmware to make it slow the vibrator the more the pressure on the plug rises as you get excited. I've found out in this way the device is more reliable in making you edge without crossing the point of no return.
    The best setting in doing that in my case are a plug inflated with one pump (half of the scale in pressure) and sensitivity 2 steps below the maximum.
    This way the vibe will stop as soon as it feels good, making you reach the edge very slowly because it will force you to resist the teasing and not get excited so fast if you don't want to make it stop.
    At the end when you finally find yourself near the edge, the more you get hard the more it will slow down, eventually stopping every time just a moment before you're about to cum.
    No matter i tried to stay relaxed and try to let the orgasm flow out out of me without any contraction, with this settings i did not manage to cum at all, even when my gf gave me her best tease, nogasm continued doing its job making me want to explode but never giving me some.
    At the end the only thing i got are a few drops oozing out some times when the vibe stopped and a lot of frustration being denied in such methodical way.

halo, badboy, iggyst00ge and 6 others like this.
  4. Couple4517

Couple4517 Active member

Europe
    Local Time:
    Very interesting toy, never heard of this before but certainly sounds like a great idea and even a decent implementation :).

5. ValleyMichael

Local Time:
    @noon3e I'm definitely looking forward to trying out a mode like that, with the hopes of having it spend a bit longer on each cycle before turning fully off, moving slowly closer to the edge. Do you basically use the "arousal" measurement as another term in the motor speed? Something like speed = ramp * (threshold - arousal) / threshold, so that if you're 75% of the way to making it turn fully off it'd be at 25% of the speed it would otherwise have ramped to? I guess you could also not have it turn off and have a cooldown but I think that'd be hard to tune.

6. noon3e

noon3e New member

Local Time:
    The ramp is immediate in slowing down the vibe, but it's slower when ramping up, this way it slows down when the measured exponential moving average (aka arousal) begins to increase, but it stays that way for some time (or slows some more eventually stopping), before resuming ramping up.
    A the beginning it's easy to resist the urge and reach high speeds, but an high speed vibrator makes it hard to resist and eventually begins to make you hard. That moment the vibrator slows down for a while. Going on after a while you begin to be slowly aroused but the more you get excited, the more pressure is accumulated and the slower the vibe goes.

This process can continue indefinitely, when the sensitivity is high enough, you can't cum from it. The path to orgasm this way is long and many stops can occur, and when you are hard and close to cumming the vibe will not give to you enough to go over the edge but it will continue to slowly stimulate the cock. You can try to resist and avoid any contraction, but sooner or later the involuntaty pre-orgasmic contraction kicks in making it stop.
    When i was submitted to it i personally felt all the tension on my cock ready to explode, but it always stopped at the very last moment when usually your mouth opens and the eyes rolls. It's very frustrating being denied at that moment and nogasm (at least in my case) is really effective in detecting it.

halo, LongTimeLurker, badboy and 6 others like this.
  7. bincorona

bincorona Junior Member

Marine Industry , Construction Industry
    So Cal
    Home Page:
    Local Time:

Sounds amazing if you are into that kind of thing ;-)~

8. lockedforfun

lockedforfun Long term member

Local Time:
    The next obvious question - is there an adapter that lets this work when you're caged?

LockedJani and durango_o like this.
  9. noon3e

noon3e New member

Local Time:
    #9 noon3e, Feb 13, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
    Beware what you wish for, I’m normally into tease and denial and I let my gf tie me with the nogasm thinking it would be fun.
    But after a while being tied up and edged so methodical and relentless is not fun anymore, after an hour of helpless teasing I was edging every time the vibe ramped up a little but all I got was some drop of precum and a lot of frustration. I started struggling against my restraints begging this to end, but at that time my gf began to enjoy the power she had over me and made some mean move I wasn’t expecting to make it worse.
    She lowered the sensitivity of the device one step lower and this way the vibe began to tease me to the edge stopping late just enough to bring me to a slow ruined orgasm. I had no control over it and I didn’t manage to spurt anything, all I got was my cock dribbling all over myself without any pleasure.
    I thought it was the end of the game, but it wasn’t enough, she collected all the cum over a ball gag and gagged me with it, then she set the nogasm again to tease and deny me and began playing with the hitachi over my face cumming over and over.
    I struggled under her will until she had enough, teased by her pussy and wanting to get some while I was forced to taste my own cum.
    I was usually into some edge play with my gf, but this thing took all the control off me way more than i was expecting, nogasm gave her the power and the opportunity to dominate and abuse me in a way she was not able to before (and maybe awaken in her some hidden fantasy of domination I wasn’t aware of)

10. ChasteCel

ChasteCel 7/6 on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale

Local Time:
    Wow that whole thing sounds incredibly intense.

I guess the question is - would you do it again?

John Valjon, bincorona and durango_o like this.
  11. noon3e

noon3e New member

Local Time:
    #11 noon3e, Feb 14, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    I don’t know, I didn’t let it happen again until now, but I got revenge on her some day after when she wasn’t expecting and I can say nogasm works on women as well, it did it’s job denying her and not letting her cum, making her beg to stop and submit to me.
    At the end she was wet, sweaty and drooling in her gag, begging me to fuck her and give her some more.
    And I can say after all the teasing she gave me, it felt so good to have her bound and ready take her pussy so wet and swollen and make her scream and explode just after a few seconds.

12. ValleyMichael

Local Time:
    If a vibrator works on you while you're caged, then sure. Put a silicone cover on the vibrator (so it doesn't rattle) and tie it to your cage nice and tight. Lots of people have found that they can cum while caged with a vibrator so I expect it'd work well.

LongTimeLurker and badboy like this.
  13. bincorona

bincorona Junior Member

Marine Industry , Construction Industry
    So Cal
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Oh yea that is net level right there .. love it. :)

14. FetishFixation

FetishFixation New member

Local Time:
    This thing sounds amazing, I might have to save up for one...

15. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    9:43 PM
    Interesting device, although for that money I think is sooner get a fucking machine.

16. Bob0Bob

Bob0Bob New member

Local Time:
    That's great! Is that code change published somewhere, or would you be willing to post it? I'd love to try it out.

17. noon3e

noon3e New member

Local Time:
    Here it is, you have to compile and upload it to the nogasm.

Attached Files:

badboy likes this.
  18. Bob0Bob

Bob0Bob New member

Local Time:
    Thank you!

19. saint7

saint7 Member

Local Time:
    8:43 PM
    Thanks for this review. I’m wondering if you are still getting good use out of the edge o matic or if it was just a fun novelty that quickly wore off?

Also wondering if it can work during regular sex so that she can still tease you but stop movement before you climax (assuming she’s on top)?

20. saint7

saint7 Member

Local Time:
    8:43 PM
    Any update @ValleyMichael ?

21. ValleyMichael

Local Time:
    Unfortunately we damaged the vibrator part a while back and I haven't gotten it fixed yet - got sick right after and it fell off the todo list. Hoping to get that dealt with soon, though. I think we overloaded it using it on my wife on 100%, which caused something to fail.

badboy likes this.
  22. Mortimer

Mortimer New member

Local Time:
    Sorry for necroing this thread, but I was wondering if there are any limitations in what positions you can use the Edge-O-Matic 3000. Like, is there a problem with the inflatable butt plug if you use it while sitting? Might be awkward to sit and you could pinch the hose or is that not a problem? What about lying on your stomach, back or maybe kneeling etc. Any position making trouble? Thank You.

23. Triplea84

Triplea84 New member

Local Time:
  24. Marcus_Fappington

Marcus_Fappington Mid-Life Crisis Haver

American lost in Europe somewhere
    Local Time:
    9:43 PM
    Ah, now that right there....that right there is the best sales pitch I've ever read. :cool:

LongTimeLurker likes this.
  25. LongTimeLurker

Local Time:
    Sounds like it's time to start saving up

Users found this page by searching for:

1. orgasm denial edging device

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice