Duke of Burgundy Movie - on TV

Discussion in 'Work of others' started by maid_carrie, Apr 24, 2016.

1. maid_carrie

Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    1:04 PM
    I thought I would give a heads-up to those members in the UK, that this movie is being broadcast on Film 4 at 11.15 on Thursday 28 April 2016

A link was posted to the trailer by @Mascara^Snake a year or so ago and it seems well worth a look.

See Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Duke_of_Burgundy and the trailer here:

The Guardian review was: "This is not just a filthy movie. It's a considerable work of art, and one that touches on a rarely discussed side of human sexuality completely free of judgement. You may be surprised to find shades of your own life in Evelyn and Cynthia's fragile relationship."

The Telegraph said: "Knudsen and D’Anna are both terrific, and have tremblingly palpable chemistry, although the film is so teasing and elusive that after one viewing, you just want to watch the thing again, and feel your way again around its contours. Second time around, I suspect I might love it even more."

The Hollywood Reporter said - "Visually ravishing, emotionally wise, and kinky as a coiled rope, this sui generis feature is a constant delight"

I have set my recorder ;) - just thought others may be interested.

Also available on DVD - I wonder if there will be any cuts for television .......

2. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    ooh Mistress has told me bout that film and we gonna watch it Carrie. It's a bit dark Carrie but that bit when the Lady rubs the other Ladys foot is one of my fave jobs to do but not being let go to the loo makes me wiggle a lot.

3. PauloChaste

PauloChaste Living the chaste life

London
    Local Time:
    Fantastic! Thank you for the heads up

maid_carrie likes this.
  4. Subeva74

Subeva74 Active member

IT
    Netherlands
    Local Time:
    2:04 PM
    I've seen the trailer....... looks nice I'll try to watch it.

THNX.

5. maid_carrie

Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    Thanks @jemima, I hope we enjoy it and that the trailer isn't the best bits ;)

Yes, giving foot rubs is good. A little hint for you - go to the loo before you start :p

SPOILER ALERT! As far as I am aware there is neither a Duke nor any burgundy wine included in the movie. Hopefully this doesn't disappoint @Mistress B , knowing her liking for red beverages ;) - there may be some Chablis consumed of course :)

jemima likes this.
  6. Mistress B

Mistress B Mistress B

Business Owner
    United Kingdom
    Local Time:
  7. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    i watch that film with my Mistress and i think it was a very good film. it shows you that 2 Ladys that live together and the one is the Mistress and the other one is the maid and They both like it a lot . The Duke of Burgandy is a butterfly and that's what the one Lady learns about at a place. I like butterflys as well. They do a lot of things the same everyday but i spose i does as well. After a bit in the film the maid wants to have to sleep in a big box and be all tied up and not sleep with her Mistress. The Mistress don't like that and gets sad. But in the end They all makes up and am happy again. i wouldn't like to has to sleep in a box all tied up anyways.
    Its a very nice film and if any maids here want they shud watch it it.

maid_carrie and Jasmic68 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice