Double base ring

Discussion in 'Mature Metal' started by saruman, Dec 23, 2022.

1. saruman

saruman Active member

Local Time:
    12:48 AM
    Apart from aesthetics, why would I want a double base ring? Is it more comfortable? Does it effectively make the size of the base ring a little bit smaller?

2. MtnViper

MtnViper Long term member

Currently resting mind and body
    Arizona
    Local Time:
    4:48 PM
    Mistress Mature Metal told me they are for guys with lower hanging testicles, to provide more grip and less slippage. She said they aren't for someone on like me with high and tight testicles and scrotum.

3. saruman

saruman Active member

Local Time:
    12:48 AM
    Thanks. Since I am high and tight as well, I can remove these my wishlist.

King Hippo likes this.
  4. King Hippo

King Hippo Long term member

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    7:48 PM
    Also for those who are interested, MM makes their rings out of 1/4'' metal. So if you were not ok with that size ring, you could get a double which would give you close to a 1/2'' meta of contact... Some people feel that the 1/4'' is putting all the pressure in too little of a spot.

If there is one criticism of MM it is the variety of ring shapes, but that point could easily be countered by saying... the two designs of rings that sell are going to work for over 99% of people just as well as anything else.

Caged 4 Princess517 likes this.
  5. Caged 4 Princess517

USA
    Local Time:
    6:48 PM
    I now have a double oval base ring from MM. It is probably the best in all aspects of all the cages/base rings I have tried.

mistressmaturemetal likes this.
  6. Deleted member 100175

I have a double base ring, and it works well despite being 'high & tight' myself (I had to gently lever the ball-gap in a vice to make it perfect).

I have found that there's a space inside at the bottom where the two rings meet which collects water in the shower & was 'unpleasant' after my last 11-day stint. I'm now being more mindful of wiping / drying that area as best I can, but will need to decide whether I fill the gap with solder or similar to smooth it out, or whether to make a slot in it with a Dremel disc to make it into a fully open gap straight through to let fluid out.

hardbodysub and King Hippo like this.
  7. hardbodysub

hardbodysub BrokeTheMold

Pennsylvania
    Local Time:
    I think that the added thickness of a double ring would actually make it more comfortable, easing the pressure a bit by spreading it out. Sort of how having your hands tied with a thicker rope won’t bite and hurt as much as being tied with thin baling twine. I would rather have a base ring with a broad surface than a purely cylindrical thin guage ring.

8. Deleted member 104385

@MtnViper what gap size do you use. MM and I have decided that I also have a high and tight scrotum. I had my base ring gap change to 1/2 from 3/8. However I still get ball burn as a constant if I don't constantly re apply some sort of lubricant.

9. MtnViper

Arizona
    Local Time:
    I have the standard 3/8" gap. I generally don't use a lubricant but sometimes apply a thick Gold Bond cream to the base ring, at scrotum.

Deleted member 104385 likes this.
  10. Deleted member 104385

This is very interesting. I have sent my queens keep cage back 3 different times to have it adjusted and still I get ball burn. MM says burn is due to gap. My last adjustment the gap is now at 1/2, and burn is still there. I only bring this up bc the cheap Amazon ternence cage I use (which is the cage I wear most, and can wear for days at a time) the gap is at 1/2. Only difference is the base ring is thicker than the ones MM uses, and the base ring shape is slightly more ergonomic than just oval or circular.

I have been wondering about doing a double base ring for a little bit now, or do I keep chasing the gap?

I have two base rings both just one size different from another, but with the same gap. I'm considering buying 4 more base rings, two more seats of each size but with two different gaps different from what I have now, just one and 2 sizes up in gap. So that way I would have 6 base rings total 3 sets for size and gaps, or do I go for the double base ring with the 1/2 gap which is what the most comfortable cage I wear has?

11. MtnViper

Arizona
    Local Time:
    I don't know what you mean by "ball burn." Pain involving your testicles and/or scrotum? It may have a common meaning in this forum, one that I am not aware of.

In any event, I only have experience with one cage, and haven't had any problems, other than interfering with my sleep.

There are a lot of variables. Not only with the ring, but the angle the penis is held at relative to your scrotum and testicles. Like is the penis held up or down, and does this cause issues with clothing and movement.

Someone needs to do a real scientific study on the subject. When that happens, we will know male chastity has truly gone mainstream.

Deleted member 104385 likes this.
  12. Deleted member 104385

@MtnViper I am speaking of the burn sensation one may get around the scrotum (underneath and sides but not limited to one specific area) typically where the base ring rests.

MtnViper likes this.
  13. Deleted member 104385

Those are some very good points as well. I feel my cheap cage and my mature metal ones seem to be about the same curve or angle in which they hold the penis. My red chili cage has a sharp angle downwards. Both the red chili and mature metal cages cause burn rather quickly, the cheap cage does not and again only thing I can really see is the cheap cage has a thicker base ring than the other two. All cages have the same gap.

MtnViper likes this.
  14. The Queens consort

The Queens consort Long term member

Retired
    Central Indiana
    Local Time:
    My Chinese cage came with a standard round ring. It felt as it it was tight in a single spot. I then ordered an ergonomic ring which was wider and flatter. It worked for a while, then I went back to the original round ring, as it seemed better. When time came to order my Jail Bird, I went with a single round ring, based on my experience. Today I’ve been adjusting (increasing) the gap on my Jail Bird. After two adjustments, I think I may have it. Being high and tight, I knew this was a distinct possibility to get it fine tuned. With the 3/8 gap, I had difficulty getting a finger between the cage and scrotum. Now I can slip a finger in there for cleaning.

15. mistressmaturemetal

Texas
    Local Time:
    5:48 PM
    Please keep in mind that since they are handmade the gaps can be made any size. So even though we offer up to 1/2" gap we have made gaps up to one full inch.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice