Double Base Ring

Discussion in 'Mature Metal' started by Sissy Katie (ofCatherine), Apr 30, 2020.

1. Sissy Katie (ofCatherine)

Pacific Northwest
    Local Time:
    10:22 AM
    I was curious what the experience of other has been with the double base ring. Also, what is the advantage of it. Just curious about the experiences of others...

2. Alana

Alana Long term member

California
    Local Time:
    The Double, Triple, and even Quad baserings provide extra grip and help prevent slipping.
    In my experience, ...yes they work ...they also add weight and can be a little more difficult to get on and off

3. Keyanon

Keyanon New member

Local Time:
    12:22 PM
    Just got a double. I love it.. more comfortable, stays up higher (but also got a different size than prior). Enjoy the weight too.

Chastebrewmgr likes this.
  4. StubHub

StubHub Long term member

Retired
    Central iowa
    Local Time:
    12:22 PM
    Working to order a MM waiting on sizing rings. Plan to evaluate double with test rings My off the shelf cage skips down even when I go to 45mm ring that is low as I can get on. 5mm jumps in current rings. MM moves in 3mm steps. May make a difference.

Enjoy the new hardware.

5. Quck

Quck New member

Local Time:
    6:22 PM

HI Alana, I've seen you singing the praises of extra base rings in a few threads. Can I ask what the effects of having more weight are for you? Since, as you've pointed out, the extra surface area seem to prevent slippage.
    I'm ordering my first custom soon (from Badassworkroom) and thinking I'll go down the double route. Never had much problem with the weight from steel cages, but slippage is often a problem due to low hanging fruit

6. Alana

Alana Long term member

California
    Local Time:
    #6 Alana, Oct 31, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
    I've worn single, double, and triple (all oval) base rings with my Queens Keep
    My experience was that extra surface area translated to extra grip ...as long as the fit was tight enough to grip in the first place.

I have a collection of progressively smaller base-rings from trying to solve the slippage problem. My final base ring was a triple oval which is about 1.4" at it's narrowest point, and about 1.75" at it's widest.

The truth is, the final ring did actually nearly eliminate slippage for me, ..but it also started to limit urine flow, ..which made me worried about the possibility of getting a UTI.

I haven't worn my Queens Keep since getting pierced a little over a year ago. I got pierced so I could wear a shaft only device, and get away from the base ring entirely.

Currently I am wearing an MCN Mousetrap, ...which has now, sadly, been discontinued.

Quck likes this.
  7. King Hippo

King Hippo Long term member

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    1:22 PM
    Just saw this thread and I figured I would give my input on it. When I a shaved down there I am more high and tight... so one ring works really well... but when I am a little hairier I am looser. So I ordered a 2nd ring from them without the stem.

So when I am a little hairier I put the regular ring on with the stem ring at the same time.

The extra rings are great is you are not high and tight.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice