1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Domestic appliances as gifts,

Discussion in 'The Powder Room' started by Amanda's bitch Sophie, Nov 2, 2017.

1. i have asked Amanda if I can get a new steam iron as a Christmas present. I want it to be gift wrapped, with a huge bow on top and I want to open it in front of everyone (family are coming to us again this year) already, im not getting good vibes

I asked for this last year and didn't get it. She told me she was going to do it, but she bought it and gave it to me two weeks before Christmas. When I asked her why she didn't keep it until Christmas morning, she came up with some pathetic excuse about it not being appropriate. I didn't say anything at the time, but I was on the verge of bursting into tears.

Anyway, I have deliberately ruined the iron I got last year and have been dropping heavy hints for weeks, about the new one I want ON CHRISTMAS MORNING !!

Am I being unreasonable ? Has anyone else asked for domestic appliances as gifts, and been refused ?

I don't see what the big deal is. If this doesn't happen for me this year, I am going to throw a major tantrum

Feeling cross and unloved....mehhhh :(

2. I will admit that I do not understand your problem or whatever fetish you are in as it is unclear from your post. An appliance fetish or just messing around? I have bought many an appliance for my wife when she wanted one. We are no longer kids that have to wait for Christmas to get things that we need. Christmas gifts for us are things you would not buy for yourself like a diamond ring, new car, vacation, etc.. Last Christmas I gave my wife a new gun to carry. Nothing says loving than a gun and holster for her pocketbook. :)

3. The issue isn’t the item, it’s the reaction you are trying to illicit. You want to open a clothes iron in front of friends or family so they all are aware that is your place at home. It doesn’t sound like she wants to dump her purse out in front of everyone and expose herself like that.

Is it sexist that a man can’t get a household gadget associated with a homemaker? Yes. Will it make your wife any less uncomfortable letting everyone know that you two have switched traditional roles? No.

Believe it or not, having your husband doing the housework, and cooking isn’t always bragging material. Some women would feel conflicted on many levels. Would they think she can’t handle these duties, is she a terrible wife, is she a lazy B!+<#, all of those plus worrying about what they were going to think or assume about you.

It doesn’t sound like she wants to open up about your roles to family, I would respect her wishes on that.

PouchPantyLover, danijean001 and JiL like this.
  4. I don't know how tongue in cheek this is so if I've missed the mark sorry but >> Threatening a tantrum? Breaking gifts from Mistress? Tut tut.

I don't know if it's being male but sometimes we fixate on something and just have to have it but if it makes your KH uncomfortable then She has the right to say no to it.

danijean001 likes this.
  5. If Mistress find out that i had broked the iron on pupose i wud be in ever such a lot of bother. That's a very very bad thing to do i think.

danijean001 and CJ's hubby like this.
  6. Just tell them you really got a new washer and dryer along with the a new floor vac for X-mas. Some in the room will smile and get it while others will just laugh because they really don't understand anyways. Then you have got some of what you want and it's still might be socially acceptable. But really, I might consider just going with the flow of your Miss. as was previously suggested.

danijean001 likes this.
  7. Mistress Lucy

Mistress Lucy L-u-c-y
    Staff Member Moderator

Oxford, England
    Home Page:
    I think you should buy a new iron and she should use it to "brand" you on each buttock as permanent reminders not to break things.

8. Ouch!!!!! In fact big big, double big ouch!!

9. WoW a little harsh don't you think.? How would you like it if you were the one being branded?

10. Lighten up Mash2214...all in jest!!

11. It does bring a whole new meaning to bish bash Bosch!

12. SubVerity

SubVerity The Mansion's own Fairy Godmother!
    Staff Member Moderator

London
    As long as you throw that tantrum here and not at your mistress then I think that's ok. :)
    If you're throwing tantrums at your mistress then you are behaving like a spoilt 3 yr old and might benefit from a little more introspection. I say this in a friendly manner and mean no ill will as we all have sulks at times and it's best to be open about them. :D

You clearly have a desire for humiliation of some sort and wish to be outed in some way to your family - you need to examine these desires and discuss them openly with your partner. As has been mentioned previously - she is involved in this as well and may well not wish to be outed at the same time. Which is fair enough don't you think?

But it's great that you're telling us about it - this is a far safer place to deal with these feelings than in someone's living room on X-mas day.

13. You don't see that it is inappropriate to flaunt your kink in front of the rest of your family at Christmas?

For starters, not outing your Mistress should be a top priority. Second, it is not appropriate to engage vanilla family members in your fantasies when they have no way to consent or opt out.

You need to check yourself and regulate accordingly.

danijean001 likes this.
  14. @Amanda's bitch Sophie@Amanda's bitch Sophie

I totally get it and understand how you feel, you crave to feel a certain way that only your mistress can provide. We can get carried away with our fantasies and desires and upset the people we care about in the process. Everyone's chastity relationships are bound to be different but also have many similarities. I found when I complained and pushed my mistress to do things that made her uncomfortable, for one it never felt as real to me because it was my idea and not hers, second I felt that she was slowly backing away from the lifestyle every time I pushed her to try something she didn't like. My pushyness would be the center of arguments and I would always follow up by saying that I didn't feel like she was trying very hard for our lifestyle. Well it got to the point that she didn't care about the lifestyle and the only thing she had interest in was keeping my key so I couldn't masturbate.

I finally came around and realized that pretty much everything was my fault. I never gave her the opportunity in the beginning to make her own choices because I was trying to plan everything out and tell her how things were supposed to go. I didn't think that's what I was doing, I thought I was being helpful and guiding her but my help was unwanted and unnecessary and making her dislike chastity.

Finally after my realization of my selfishness in trying to sway things to my liking I knew I had to make a decision. Either quit chastity or conform to her wants and needs like I should've the whole time. I turned a new leaf and turned all control over to her. I showed her through my actions that I was serious about her being in charge and once she believed my sincerity things started to change. Her dominance has grown and she feels much more confident and comfortable in her role and now craves my submissiveness. It's still pretty vanilla and it might always remain more in the vanilla realm but what I appreciate is that when she does decide to mistress the hell out of me its her wanting to do it and coming up with her own ideas on how to "train" me. It's that much more real to me and means much more to me and she appreciates my respect and obedience.

This was a really long story to basically explain that if you keep up that type of behavior she will not want to continue this lifestyle especially if she believes she is just pandering to your fantasies. Trust me on this one, let go and give her control, there is nothing wrong with suggesting to try something new but don't pester, complain or strong arm her into anything, let her make the decisions.

You must understand your wife was afraid of questions from family members that might follow such an ornately wrapped gift only to be an iron. She didn't want to be put in the spotlight and it sounds like she would've been embarrassed giving you a gift like that in front of others. Try to see things from your wife's perspective, if you respect her limits and boundaries she will respect your desires and wants. With baby steps you can both grow your lifestyle and both be happy.

bethanise and SubVerity like this.
  15. YES! You're being COMPLETELY unreasonable!

You asked your wife for a gift.
    Your wife gave you a gift, but not on your timeline.
    You threw a tantrum and BROKE THE GIFT?!
    And you expect her to give you a replacement?

This is some Dear Abby shit.

It's a GIFT. She is entitled to give you whatever SHE pleases as a GIFT, whenever SHE darn well pleases..... because it's a *GIFT*.

Honestly, this would be the case with or without a FLR. That's the way GIFTS work.

16. My apologies! I didn't realize about the profanity rule!

thefemdecided likes this.
  17. I didn't think it was profane, more a reality check

18. SubVerity

SubVerity The Mansion's own Fairy Godmother!
    Staff Member Moderator

London
    Ah yes - we have a no sweary words thing. No harm here I don't think, but dont be surprised if any more shit gets edited to 'stuff' or 'thing' or 'odd behaviour'. ;)

19. I really want to echo what @Wonderwomanssub@Wonderwomanssub said. Don't take the harsher criticism to much to heart. I agree it's wrong to intentionally break the gift and to push for the new gift in a setting that clearly embarrasses your wife. Never the less my heart goes out to you when you say "feeling cross and unloved". I've been there and I know how it feels. It doesn't come from a place of rational thought, it's an emotional reaction that's hard to ignore.

A couple weeks ago I was complaining about making home lunch for my daughter because she's such a picky eater. My wife very lovingly said "why don't you let me make her lunches for awhile". I was devastated by that comment. It suggested that I had the authority to decide who made the lunches. Not only that, but I was making them because I wanted to instead of because my Mistress demanded it. I was "feeling cross and unloved". It really made me question the whole FLR and chastity lifestyle. Was it all my construct, was she just humoring me? It really shook me.

Ultimately after discussion, thought and time I realized I was overreacting. It had been the way she phrased it. Ultimately we got past this because the lunches (and your iron) are a small thing in the totality of your relationship. Hope you realize this and get past it as I did.

20. Oh no.....

I made the OP because I was absolutely furious. Never mind threatening a tantrum, I was actually having one. Unfortunately, Amanda saw what I had posted and reprimanded me the next day. She confiscated ( hid ) my laptop and ipad and I have only just got them back....it wasn't just what I said here, she was pissed about other aspects of my online presence ( that's another story ) Apologies for not replying to all the excellent responses on this thread. V embarrassed :(

I will make amends

tv90 likes this.
  21. don't get in trouble cos you come in here again.