DIY Solid Rod For Neosteel Belt

Discussion in 'Full Belts' started by jchar, May 5, 2022.

1. jchar

jchar Active member

Local Time:
    1:46 AM
    Hi All,

Just wanted to share about a modification I made to my Neosteel Fun module to replace the flexible rear cable with a solid rod, similar to the option offered by Neosteel. After 6 weeks with the belt, I found it comfortable overall but the rear cable I just did not like at all. If you haven't seen previously, because the original cable was far too short I made my own see this post. I was really curious about the option some have gone with to have Neosteel install a solid rod instead of the cable but I thought such a thin piece of material back there could get really uncomfortable so I was reluctant to try at first. I thought of a couple ways to do this so ended up trying both.

The first thing I tried was a piece of stainless capillary tube with the ends hammered flat so I could drill mounting holes. The outside diameter was 6mm. I made 3 to find the correct length and the best ended up being the same length as the cable I had previously made. This was a much better fit than the cable, but I still thought it could be better.

The next attempt was to make connectors out of capillary tube so I could attach it to 4mm solid rod and then secure it on either end to the penis tube and rear bracket. This is the perfect dimension, far more comfortable and solves some restroom problems that the thicker tube had.

So comparing both options to the tube I noticed a big improvement in the overall comfort, I just didn't like the thickness of the cable and could not get comfortable with it. The rod makes the belt feel more solid, it is no longer possible to flex the tube inward or outward at all, nor can I move the rod to the side at all unlike the cable. This makes the belt feel like on solid piece. I had previously discovered ways to partially stimulate myself which is now significantly harder for me thanks to the increased rigidity of the belt.

Going to the restroom is a little bit of a tradeoff, you can no longer move the cable out of the way,but the 4mm rod is no big deal everything just goes around it and cleaning is much easier. The thicker 6mm tube option was problematic for restroom because it really blocked material from coming out and was very uncomfortable.

I am really happy with how this turned out, it was a vast improvement to the comfort of my belt. I highly recommend this over the standard cable, so if you aren't a DIY type have Neosteel do this mod you won't regret it. Included in the pics are the 4mm solid rod installed with the 6mm tube for comparison, I included a comparison of the original cable I made to the 4mm rod, and finally there's the complete setup so you can see where I place thermoplastic for additional comfort.

Attached Files:

2. castitas

castitas Long term member

Germany, Hamburg
    Local Time:
    6:46 AM
    Interesting modification. I like the 4mm version without coating.
    Don't the two upper screws interfere, e.g. when lying down, or do they stand out through the clothing?
    If the two fasteners could be kept a little flatter, the shape would be a little more elegant. Have you thought about rivets, like the original fastening?

3. jchar

jchar Active member

Local Time:
    1:46 AM
    Yes, any kind of fastener could be used. I went with screws for now in case I need to remove it again, the rivets I used previously are a real pain to get out and the heat from drilling/grinding them has started to damage the plasticoating in that area. So I want to be absolutely sure this is the best setup before I use a more permanent type of fastener. After I took the pics above, I turned the screws at the back around so the acorn nuts face toward the body, there's a small gap there so I don't notice them at all and it makes the outside profile smoother. Where they secure to the penis tube, the thermoplastic covers up the screws so I don't think its an issue there. Even if I go with the 4mm rod option for good it might be nice having the ability to easily remove it while the belt is off, it is nearly impossible to remove them with the belt on so I don't consider is a risk to the security of the belt.

I may end up making a shorter rod as this one seems just a little too long.

shieldingmatrix and castitas like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice