DIY ring enlargment help please

Discussion in 'CB Range' started by dubsub, Sep 25, 2010.

1. dubsub

dubsub Member

Local Time:
    11:41 AM
    Hi All,
    I have been CB6KS for over a year now. I use the largest ring but have had regular ball pop out problems. I have tried different spacer options all the time. When I try to move down a ringsize everthing fits real snug and I am very happy. The only problem with the smaller ring is my skin gets nipped after it folds over a fraction. Now the perfect solution would be for me to try and enlarge the ring size a fraction. I have tried all sorts of mini grinder heads and drill bits on their sides but the stuff the rings are made of is so tough I cannot get that fraction bigger. Has anyone made the ring size a fraction bigger and with what tools?
    I have made the largest ringsize a bit smaller with tape etc but that is not good long term hygine so I want to move down a ring size - a fraction.

Any practical help out there without a degree in nuclear physics?

dubsub happy lashed and locked.

2. mikecb

mikecb Long term member

Local Time:
    7:41 AM
    dobsub, I've used a dremel tool with a sandpaper head on it to work on my rings. It mars the finish, but it does work very quickly and efficiently. Actually a little TOO quickly. I made a divot that I had to smooth out a bit. lol

mikecb

3. dubsub

dubsub Member

Local Time:
    11:41 AM
    Thanks Mike, What is a dremel tool? I bought a small grinding stone for my drill and it was so slow and made no impression.

Thanks,

dubsub

4. mikecb

mikecb Long term member

Local Time:
    7:41 AM
    Here's an example of a dremel tool on amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Dremel-300-N-Variable-Rotary-Accessories/dp/B000FW5GAM/ref=sr_1_19?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1285612169&sr=1-19

I used the attachment that's 6th from the left in this picture. It looks like a little drum with sandpaper on it.

mikecb

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice