Dissolution of a Dream

Discussion in 'Book and movie reviews' started by xcitex2, Jan 12, 2010.

1. xcitex2

xcitex2 Back from the past!

Private Security.
    Kentucky
    Local Time:
    7:39 AM
    Watched a movie this week that as I lay here this afternoon this inspiration to write hit me. Not really a story per-say but it is none the less inspired by a couple that was on the movie.

Dissolution of a Dream

His pulse quickened as she approached, his heart had fallen. He knew handing over the reins of control to his inner self would include a lot of emotional commitment. He had no idea she would capture his heart as well.

Her touch, her voice, and the scent of her filled every moment of his waking thought. Once a powerful man, he know found himself unable to resist. They were like two ships that met in the night, although neither of them had the right of passage. Crossing the waters was forbidden. The attraction, indescribable, the lust, overpowering, the passion, unexplainable, the reasons…all wrong.

I often wonder how it is when they say it hurts so much and not a stroke has yet fallen from the whip…it is not the whip he feared it is the gentle breeze of her presence. For it is the fruit of the forbidden tree; attainable at the price of ones soul.

The decision was never supposed to have been made, never supposed to have been presented, and certainly not anything either wanted to face. It was none the less a decision that had merit and one that would likely save him the worst pain he would ever feel, losing her after she captured his soul.

She saw it in his eyes, heard it in his voice, and noticed it by his actions. She knew. She knew the time had come and while both played with fire in their words it was the actions that would ultimately burn one or both. She had made it clear from the beginning that he was her toy-her slave. Nothing more, and nothing less, yet a mere object of ownership much like a trophy one receives from a contest. For him, she had become his everything. She consumed his thought, his body, his life. She had become the one thing he could never own, and the one thing that he now could never serve. She had become a Mistress he could love, and love had no place for him when her love was spoken for. He knew he could never be the person he longed to be and sadly, she knew she could never give him that chance. What she did not know is he considered the unthinkable early on when the unthinkable was never a possibility.

Few words were spoken, friends they would remain. Like two ships in the night, they crossed paths. Each carrying a cargo of it’s own, each knowing the destiny of its haul. The waters were silent that night, the intensity of the waves once crashing on the shore now still. The lighthouse on the shore gave use of the single light as if to say farewell my friends, return home now and be safe.

With few words spoken they each turned and went their own ways. She carried herself as she did when they first met, strong and confident. She would no doubt do well. He, on the other hand, lost a part of his soul that day. Defeated, he had to choose to go the way he knew was right, even if it was not the path he desired. He knew the desired path had no promises of tomorrow.

For him she represented the world of what could be or in this case what could have been. However when one is faced with the reality of navigating a narrow one-way and very treacherous canal, one must be assured there is a destination worth visiting. In his case, he knew that destination did not exist and so his journey will continue.

As his shipped sailed that night he did not look back. He knew better, it was the only way to protect his heart. The lights from her ship soon became faint as she sailed to distant waters. Not knowing if or how they would meet again they each in their own way took a small part of the other with them. For him he felt as though she took his heart, his whole heart. It would be some time before this decision he made would feel good. It would certainly be a long time before he could ever ponder the mere thought of what if.

2. Goddess Jen

Goddess Jen Expert in tease and denial

Local Time:
    This is REALLY good, Mike! You can write, sir. But...it's so sad! I almost started crying while I was reading it. Thank you for sharing. It's beautifully written.

3. xcitex2

Private Security.
    Kentucky
    Local Time:
    Thanks Goddess Jen. Problem is it is based on a sad set of events so I guess it was written correctly. I so hate things that end that way but what can you do. Crazy ass writers LOL Someday in the real world two people who are meant for each other will meet, realize they are meant for each other and be able to run off together, until then I guess hollywood will have plenty of movies to write.

4. Respectful

Respectful Chaste by choice

Local Time:
    5:39 AM
    Stop with the complaining Goddess Jen! Ouch, why did you swat me?

5. Rachel

Rachel Owned by Mistress Michelle

Local Time:
    8:39 AM
    Great read Mike perhaps you have a hidden talent there. If you wrote a paperback around that i am sure they would fly off the shelves. Well at least one would right into my wife's hands.

rachel

6. xcitex2

Private Security.
    Kentucky
    Local Time:
    Rachel, I missed this the other day. Thank you! Seriously your words are inspiring. If I ever get the drive to finish a book I started over two years ago I will send you the first copy!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice