Discomfort After Waking

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by UnderHerEye, Oct 14, 2019.

1. UnderHerEye

UnderHerEye Member

Local Time:
    12:02 PM
    Hello,

I'm hoping those of you with more experience can help me out. I am having some significant morning discomfort around the base ring at the scrotum after waking up. This discomfort is not directly associated with an erection and happens within an hour or so of getting up. I think my testicles get especially retractile early in the morning after waking and the base ring starts to cause burning pain around the the base of my scrotum (no color changes). I can generally relieve some of the discomfort by periodically pulling the testicles down or stretching things out a bit and adding lubricant. Usually the discomfort is better after an hour or two and by the time I get to work. I'm perfectly comfortable thereafter and until the next morning.

I wear a Vice Mini without the anti-pullout and the smallest spacer (1/4 inch gap). Larger spacers lead to testicular slippage for me. Waiting for a MM Pet Trap which should be arriving very soon.

Does this sound familiar to anyone and if so, any advice?

Thanks!

2. b_quark

b_quark Long term member

USA
    Local Time:
    1:02 PM
    Yes, I experience this often. Many others have attributed this to having too small of a gap between the cage and ring, and I concur that is probably the root cause, because my HTv3 Nano is pretty close in size to my custom MM Queen's Keep but has a bigger gap, and I have not experienced this pain in the Nano.

Having said that, in my case even though the pain can sometimes be quite annoying, I have found ways to manage it rather than resizing or ordering a new device:
    • almost always the pain subsides naturally, so I can often suffer through it
    • airing it out - if I am home alone I can sit in my underwear or naked, and that helps my scrotum to naturally stop its retraction
    • also, a shower usually helps loosen things up and reduces the friction
    • putting a little baby oil gel between the ring and my scrotum almost always reduces the pain or does away with it entirely
    • some have said that spending a lot of time locked will stretch the scrotum skin and alleviate this; I guess I am still waiting for this to happen

UnderHerEye likes this.
  3. El Modino

El Modino Active member

Local Time:
    3:02 PM
    I too have had this issue in the past. What i have found is the following:

My 45mm ring causes this every single day. During the time i get the burnign pain I would attempt to pull the scrotum away from my body and adjust the ring higher but in minutes the pain would return. What I actually found to help more was to do the opposite and pull the skin behind the ring back towards the body and away from the testicles. I would only need to move the skin say 1/4" and the pain would be gone and wouldnt return.

I have slowly started reducing the ring size (using plastidip) and i have found that my smaller ring size prevents my erection more and thus i dont even get the pain at all. Now I wake with the sensation of my cock trying to burst through its metal cage and its quite frustrating but there is no pain.

I have had little to no success in eliminating the pain using lubrication. Sometimes I think the lubrication allows the ring to pull further from my body and made the pain worse.

This is just my experience and I certainly dont want to imply other peoples advice is incorrect. Everyone is different. Try and see what works for you. Reducing the ring size by 1-2mm might remove this issue entirely.

Thanks

UnderHerEye likes this.
  4. UnderHerEye

UnderHerEye Member

Local Time:
    12:02 PM
    Thank you both! I have noticed that the problem isn't as intense or prolonged on the weekends when I'm able to have a longer hot shower. Warm soak gets the boys to relax a bit I think. The gap argument makes sense. Unfortunately if I go with a bigger gap I get a lot of slippage. Hopefully my new metal cage will help this a bit too with better fit and no slip.

Thanks again!

5. Cumschot

Cumschot Long term member

Single , elektro monteur
    The Netherlands, Brabant .
    Local Time:
    9:02 PM
    Hot showering helps

UnderHerEye likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice