Decorum

Discussion in 'Female led relationships' started by steviepie, Apr 13, 2017.

Random Thread
  1. steviepie

steviepie inferior and unworthy male

Manager
    the States
    Local Time:
    8:55 AM
    In defense of tolerance in general I have to support free speech but I have had women here complain about the language some of males use too frequently (in their opinion).

But are we not here to love, cherish and obey them (the women of CM?)

So I'm sharing this man to man............I've upgraded my vocabulary - UP YOURS!!

2. slayergirl

slayergirl Member

Local Time:
    7:55 AM
  3. Mactastic

Mactastic Long term member

Homemaker, Financial Analyst
    Tampa, FL, USA
    Local Time:
    Agreed. A persons intelligence can easily be determined by their word choice. Let us not be ignorant.

wLOCKridge likes this.
  4. Vinny

Vinny Locked up again. Starting year 6.

Local Time:
    I do not worship women as some others here do not. They are my equals. I lived with and played with a feminist for 30 years and feminism is all about equal treatment, not differential treatment. The feminist I know would hate treating them differently than men are treated. I think they still feel that way even though the term "feminist" has been misappropriated by some.

Feminism is a range of political movements, ideologies, and social movements that share a common goal: to define and advance political, economic, personal, and social rights for women. This includes seeking to establish equal opportunities for women in education and employment. It has nothing to do with worshipping women or treating them differently than men.

I happen to have been in gifted children programs for most of my young life. I have grown up with and played with very intelligent people most of my life, so I know a little about them. Vocabulary is not a good indicator of intelligence. I used a different vocabulary when playing sports, leading men into combat and giving a speech to British Members of Parliament. I know that as an intelligent human, I have to be very careful to not tell people that they are not intelligent unless they speak and act as I do. It is not nice or fair. We swung with very intelligent professional people in the upper income brackets, and I can assure you that no one asked another to intercourse their brains out. :) How strange is it that we assign more power to one word than its synonyms and we call ourselves an advanced civilization.

Anyway, I am smart enough to know that people are offended by certain language. We have very religious friends who will not even watch a movie with any curse word, no matter how mild. It is all very subjective and trying to objectify vocabulary is very difficult for that reason. I do try to use the words people do not find objective but sometimes I may not if the OP is using certain terminology. To use a different vocabulary, sometimes makes you seem aloof or may not have the impact you intend it to have.

There is a dichotomy between freedom of speech and controlling the language used in a forum. As a former forum owner, it is difficult to reconcile your belief that you have the right to speak about what is considered an offensive sexual fetish and your censorship of how it is spoken about.

I agree with your message, but not all of its reasons. Please do not take offense. My wife handles our financial matters, but I do not worship her for it or view her as dominant. Same goes for chastity. She is in charge of our sex life but that is it and she is still my equal in marriage and life. :) Someone's Mistress is his Mistress, not mine. Some Mistresses find it offensive to be called Mistress from men she has not accepted as a sub. As I said, it is all very subjective and therefore difficult to control. Good reminder though about the use of language. I tend to agree with you somewhat but not for your reasons. Thanks for bringing it up but what in heck, not hell, is an intelligent feminist? Are there stupid feminist? :)

Nicoftime likes this.
  5. sylvana chastity

sylvana chastity just Syl

Deutschland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    1:55 PM
    You won't only hear women complain about the language in here sometimes!;)
    And I don't think, the freedom of speech includes a lack of respect and politeness.
    So to cut it short: in general I'm with you!

wLOCKridge likes this.
  6. CJ's hubby

CJ's hubby Active member

Arizona
    Local Time:
    5:55 AM
    I think it is only a few, but it seems all women in general get the blame. For the most part the women here has been respectful to me and I just don't pay any attention to the others. I have a Queen and don't want or need an online Mistress, but I still try to show respect to them. I think we all here have our own kink whether it be Mistress, Slave, sissy maid, crossdresser, or just a chaste and caged man like myself living the FLR life. And I think we all need to respect others regardless. I for one am not sure where this lifestyle path may lead but I think all here can help guide me along the path My Queen and I decide.

wLOCKridge likes this.
  7. Mactastic

Mactastic Long term member

Homemaker, Financial Analyst
    Tampa, FL, USA
    Local Time:
    I still believe that vocabulary is a good indicator of intelligence and I shall also add that the choice thereof is an indicator of manners.

Put another way. The lack of respectful dialogue, and improper word choice can also be a good indicator of the lack of intelligence and poor manners.

I don't believe that we are here to worship women, however without the proper courtesies we certainly would not garner their opinions. That being said, I would much rather have their insight than all of the men in this place stacked on top of each other with their privates all locked down.

Don't get me wrong. There is value in the male opinion (to me). There is just much more value in the opinion of women, which appear to be the minority on this site and forever a mystery to me.

I also believe that it does not take a novel to make this point.

slayergirl and wLOCKridge like this.
  8. wLOCKridge

wLOCKridge Active member

Retired LEO
    Northeast Ohio
    Local Time:
    I always try and make it a point to use language that is appropriate to the conversation that I am engaged in and respect the community standard in as much as that is possible. I also believe that even on a forum that deals with this subject matter, it's possible to get the point across without being unnecessarily crude. I certainly can be quite vulgar when the situation calls for it but I don't do it just for shock value. While I believe in respecting women I do it because that's the way momma raised me, not because I'm submissive to those women. I have a keyholder and she's the only woman whose opinion matters to me. I çonsider refraining from unnecessary vulgarity to be simple good manners. Well there's my two cents. That and about another $2.48 will get you a beer in any bar in town.

sissybitch and Mactastic like this.
  9. Jasmic68

Jasmic68 Long term member

Early retirement
    UK Midlands
    Local Time:
    6:40 PM
    From what I understand the issue is more to do with the type of man who uses the chat to harass women, more than what happens in the threads posted to the Mansion. I have heard women complain that some pretty nasty things are sent via their chat and that should be discouraged completely. Maybe we should have a name and shame thread, like the 'where are you' thread, where examples of these messages, along with the details of the sender, are shared for all of us to see.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice