Daytime chastity - can it be done?

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by Shock Tactics, Mar 23, 2023.

Random Thread
  1. NBChastity

NBChastity Active member

New Brunswick, Canada
    Local Time:
    9:04 PM
    Wearing chastity only during the daytime most definitely can work, but you'll need your keyholders involvement. They should also be present while the device is off.

While unlocked you'll agree to a few rules, like not being able to touch yourself etc. It's just an honour system. I did it this way until I finally purchased my first custom device a long time ago now. Being caught breaking the rules should involve severe punishment.

When you're not around your keyholder, say if you had to take a business trip it of course stays locked.

EDIT: I should also mention the device should be replaced a soon as possible when you both wake. It should only be taken off as you are going to sleep. Not before while watching your favourite show, etc. Just when you are both ready to turn the lights off and go to bed.

Isopropylforyou likes this.
  2. BiChastityWeymouth

BiChastityWeymouth New member

shop manager
    weymouth
    Local Time:
    12:04 AM
    i couldnt sleep caged until i got a strap to hold the cage closer to my body 5 consecutive nights now. Try a long shoelace around your waist tied to the base ring worked for me x

3. cshorts

cshorts Locked in love for SL

Bay Area, California
    Local Time:
    5:04 PM
    OP mentions "midnight burn" so I assume the problem is chafing of the ball ring against the sac. I'm mid-60s, but still get several "attempted" erections a night -- attempted because my well-fitting MCN Contender does not allow my cock to get the least bit erect (I'm a grower so the cage is much shorter than my erect length). The blood pools before it gets to the cage (in the pubic mound area). That does put pressure, pushing the ball ring down against the balls.

I use baby oil gel and it works like magic for me: only have discomfort once a month or so.

JaySaysYes likes this.
  4. MsPamela

MsPamela Long term member

US
    Local Time:
    7:04 PM
    Yes, it's certainly possible. I controlled hubby's orgasms for years before we even tried a chastity device. We continued with the honor system for years after that, only using the chastity cage once in a while. That may not have met some people's definition of chastity, but who cares? The two of us enjoyed it, and that's all that matters.

Here's how we made the honor system work - perhaps some of this can be applied to daytime-only locking:

* Set the right expectations. I know hubby's self control is strong enough to last a week or two unlocked, but perhaps not strong enough to last a month, certainly not enough to last three months. Consequently, I tended to allow an orgasm every week or two. The precise durations do not matter - just make sure you aren't setting yourself up for failure.

* Nobody's perfect. In moments of weakness, hubby had a few unauthorized orgasms over the years. It wasn't the end of the world. We all make mistakes. However, I absolutely expected him to tell me when this had happened. Trust and honesty are essential. It wasn't easy for him to confess to these errors, but it was important.

* I teased hubby a lot, almost every day. I'm also very in tune with his body's reactions. Although he could have easily snuck an orgasm almost any time, it would have been nearly impossible to hide that fact from me.

I really like how things have progressed now that he's locked 24/7, but if he was struggling with the cage at night then we'd find a way to make things work.

seasoned and allfullup like this.
  5. MrsAnne

Verified Female

Local Time:
    8:04 PM
    Yeah, my husband tells me the same thing. He has no problem sleeping in it.

anasyrma likes this.
  6. Steve57

Steve57 Member

Retired Tech Analyst
    New York, USA
    Local Time:

It took me about 2-weeks to get acclimated to falling asleep with a caged erection.

I do not think expecting to be unlocked overnight is unrealistic as this would usurp the authority of your key-holder.

JaySaysYes likes this.
  7. Muppet

Muppet Long term member

Local Time:
    I’m struggling to understand how sleeping in a cage is difficult. I have a MCN glans armour 2 and don’t even know it’s there. It can be worn 365 24/7 and washed in the shower without removal. I do take it off for a through weekly clean just to be extra hygienic but really that’s the only reason it ever needs unlocking. What is it about your cage that makes it tricky?

8. true42

true42 Owned member

Local Time:
    It comes down to fit. The better the fit, the less the problem.

It also comes down to growth. Growers can have issues. I'm a grower, and I've had some issues in the past sleeping in the cage. Doing fine with it at the moment, but things can change.

I know in the past as my cock has tried to get hard while I was sleeping, it wouldn't stop trying, and that would cause it to pull, and of course (being a stainless ball trap device) there was nowhere for it to go, so it was uncomfortable.

I had fewer issues with my travel cage: http://www.birdlocked.com/male-chastity-device/male-chastity.asp

9. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    The bottom line is there's only one way to get used to wearing a cage overnight, and that is... wear a cage until you're used to wearing it overnight!

Yes it can take what seems like an impossible eternity, but a few simple tricks will help ease your right of passage.

- make sure the base ring is neither too tight, nor too loose, and the cage is not too long. Your flaccid penis should most of the time touch the end of the cage. If either dimension is too big, then that gives you much more room to start an erection, when you do, it's impossible to stop in your sleep. Most guys starting chastity have a cage that's much too big. Any of us who've been doing this for a while has a collection of cages, and we all have one thing in common - our subsequent cages tend to be smaller than the previous ones.

- Use lube, ointment, skin cream around the base ring before going to bed. Friction between ring and skin is a major source of pain. Likewise, wash that area with soap frequently, at least every night just before going to bed. Dirty, salty skin is much more likely to get irritated than clean skin.

- Keep any hair within reach of the base ring at least trimmed. Pubic hair is deceptively rough and abrasive when trapped between ring and skin.

- If you wake with pain from an erection, immediately go and pee. An erection is a natural defence against urinating in your sleep, and when you try to urinate your erection will subside. With an empty bladder, you're much less likely to get another erection quickly, and the comfort of being flaccid again and empty bladdered will help you get back to sleep.

- If it's really uncomfortable in the middle of the night, take it off and get the sleep you need. Then try again the next night, and repeat. Over time your body will get used to wearing it.

Lock&Key likes this.
  10. Wesingreenvillesc

Local Time:
    So, I am sort of in the same boat. I have worn it for 48 hours max. After I wear if for over 24 hours, the smell when I take it off could peel paint. For that reason, my wife and I decided that I needed to take it off daily for bath time.

So, my recent schedule has been that she allows me to take it off when I get home from work around 5:30-6:30. I keep it off for a few hours during which time I bathe/shower and clean myself and the cage. Then it goes back in before I go to sleep only to come off the next afternoon.

If you really cannot stand to have it on for more than 90 minutes, then you have something sized incorrectly, probably. Just my $.02.

11. Little one

Little one Member

Local Time:
    I only use steel cages I get numerous erections at night that puts a strain on me but feels great and rarely wakes me up, Non metalic cages crack too much for me as the pinching hurts. Only time I don't have a cage on is at work electric currant and metal don't mix, check my erection pics. in my album if you wish.

12. Marcus_Fappington

Marcus_Fappington Mid-Life Crisis Haver

American lost in Europe somewhere
    Local Time:
    Another thing about nightly unlocking is it keeps her involved so you have less "locked and forgot" issues. In theory at least. The temptation to cheat is real, I'll admit. But it's a matter of will power on your part and trust between you and your keyholder that you'll tell her if you do cheat. I'm starting to think I'd rather be locked until bed time than unlocked and horny with a hard dick I can't do anything about in the evening before bed. I'll mention that during our next debrief between sessions.

Lock&Key likes this.
  13. Lock&Key

Lock&Key Active member

Local Time:
    8:04 AM
    I do agree that it is hard not to cave in to temptation without the cage to prevent it. And the hard on one has to resist stroking is incredibly frustrating.

14. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    Do yourself a favour and get yourself a stainless steel cage.

Plastic and silicone cages are porous, and once they absorb the smells, it might take longer to clean them than the time you'd spend wearing them. Steel is structurally stronger than plastic so steel devices can be made with thinner sections which are more open to the air. Steel is also more thermally conductive which allows easier evaporation of moisture. Together this causes less build up of the warm humidity which is conducive to growing the bacteria that create the smells.

My first few devices were plastic, and I too couldn't wear them for more than a day or two at a time without having to remove them for cleaning. I regularly wear my stainless steel cage for months at a time without removal. Same skin, same washing routine, it's just that steel is a much more hygienic material to wear.

true42 likes this.
  15. Marcus_Fappington

Local Time:
    I brought up trying overnight caging last night and it was an immediate and hard "no" from my wife. She needs my penis healthy to make her more babies she told me.

16. SissyMichelleNJ

SissyMichelleNJ Long term member

Local Time:
    Daytime only is certainly doable. It’s up to what you and your KH want out of this - as others have said, there is no “right” way to do this. Not everyone is 24/7. In fact, to me, daytime only can be an even bigger tease and test of devotion. There have been times when Goddess has done this to me as a tease and demonstration of Her control. She knows how much i enjoy our dynamic and being locked up so She will switch to a daytime only lockup and laugh as i whimper and ask to be locked up again. She knows it is also very challenging for me since my stereotypical “man side” will want to cum at every turn. i have done a good job suppressing that side of me but it’s still there at some level. Being locked up is an easy way to control that but being unlocked at night makes it much harder (no pun intended)! At the end of the day, do what works for you and you KH. Enjoy the surrender and obey!

boisub likes this.
  17. Linjx014

Linjx014 Long term member

Local Time:
    7:04 PM
    I had that problem at first but with the right cage it should become easier to sleep at night with out interruptions. That's how it worked for me anyways. I can 24/7 and forget it's there till I have to go to the bathroom.

18. Lockhappy

Lockhappy Member

Professional
    USA SOUTHEAST
    Local Time:
    I agree with the posts regarding choosing what works and what doesn't. It's your (keyholder's) world.

Having said that, I always wanted to sleep nude from the time I was in high school, but never liked the frank and beans flopping around and had difficulty getting good sleep. Sleeping in somewhat snug athletic shorts (only) was the closest I could get. When I began exploring chastity and purchased a ball-trap device I discovered that all the parts move as a unit and generally don't flop around. I've been sleeping "nearly" nude ever since (wearing only the device).

Of course that wasn't the main reason for wearing it, but once I found a device that worked, it was just another thing that fell into place. I happily enjoy wearing it 24/7 with my wife as keyholder.

But this was how my experience played out, I chose what worked and I avoid things or ideas that don't work. You and your ketyholder are free to make it whatever you want.

bondinchas likes this.
  19. Muppet

Muppet Long term member

Local Time:
    Forgive me if I’m missing something obvious, but I just don’t understand the appeal of a base ring device. I wear an MCN glans armour 2 alternating with MCN Kali’s Teeth Bracelet with mild teeth. Both are entirely secure without need of a base ring. The glans2 can be worn in total comfort 24/7. The KTB wakes me up with a start in the morning but that’s no bad thing, I find it all too easy to sleep through more conventional alarm clocks.
    I have read a few posts on this site in which people express a reluctance to get a PA piercing and I guess that’s why base ring devices are preferred. What I haven’t read, and can’t figure, is what makes people rule out the PA… it makes life so much easier!

20. shieldingmatrix

shieldingmatrix Junior Member

Fort Bragg, CA
    Local Time:
    5:04 PM
    Cross Post from my Fetlife profile.

Yes full time chastity is possible. See below:

But before anything else, find a device that fits right. This is no small challenge. If your device is so painful when you are erect that you can't sleep, consider looking at a smaller device, or a head-only device secured by a PA piercing, or a full belt. Chastity should not be "punishing", unless you are also a masochist.

------------------

2020 CHASTITY AND ORGASM STATISTICS - ShieldingMatrix

2020 CHASTITY AND ORGASM STATISTICS

Introduction
    Why do I publish these… Something about this amuses me, that’s it. I don’t think that everyone should be in chastity, I don’t think that my orgasms are better than yours, I’d like to think that you can run your life anyway you like and play the chastity game in any way that pleases you and your Keyholder.

If you cum once a year, that’s a pretty easy statistic to publish..... This is just a numerical account of MY chastity lifestyle. If you think I cum too much or my KH is too nice to me, or whatever, you are entitled to your own opinion, let’s see YOUR stats! But either way, I’m happy in my lifestyle and I hope you are too.

(NOTE: “*” Paragraphs are the same as my 2019 Summary)

*My Steelwerks Extreme Schandmaske is still my only device, though I still drool over a full belt like the Neosteel, now and then or a Steelwerks Extreme Crucible 2.0. But for now my Shandmaske, made in 2015, with a 0g pee-thru locking barbell in my PA, is what I’ve got.

*My wife/KH keeps my keys in a digital combination lockbox in the bedroom. We operate on her schedule. When she wants me out, I'm out, when she allows me to cum, I cum, except if I have been taken beyond the point of no return. Then I apologize for cumming without permission.

Sometimes she unlocks me herself (which I like the most), and sometimes she gives me the key and tells me to unlock. Usually she expects me to re-lock as soon as is reasonable. The amount of time I’m out is frequently affected by issues of the penis, needing the piercing to get some air time, or sore spots that need to have some rest, or just because we went to bed and I didn’t lock up till the next day. When I do relock I don’t have to bother her to secure the key, I can do that myself. We have a digital lockbox which separates the physical lock from the combination. The beauty of this lockbox is that if she leaves the box open, I just turn the locking knob to lock it, and it's done, I don't ever need to know the combination. (Here’s an amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/SentrySafe-P021E-Combination-Portable-Security/dp/B003ELKOOO)

Occasionally she’ll take the key back before I’ve been able to relock. This is usually without explanation, and she’ll return it when she wants me relocked. Just goes to show, she is in charge! Wouldn’t you know it, when she takes the key away, I miss being able to relock! I’ve written about this in my FetLife Journal ( https://fetlife.com/users/3146357/posts/6614699?sp=1)

Note: 2019 was an unusual year because of a lot of international travel, during which I was much less frequently locked, if at all because of the exigencies of security, and other concerns.

2020 SUMMARY STATISTICS

• Days Locked in 2020 = Total of 314 Days
      • 2019 total was 242 days
      • 2018 total of 308 days
      [ A “Day” is being locked for anything more than 18hrs.]
      [ I still try to account for the time unlocked, but if it’s more than
      the 18 hours, that counts as a day unlocked.]
    • Average days locked per month = 26.17
      • 2019 was 20.2 days
      • 2018 Avg. was 25.67
    • Total Days Unlocked = 53.83 Days
      • 2019 unlocked for 123 days
      • 2018 Avg. was 54 days 3hrs
    • Average days unlocked per month = 4.49
      • 2019 Avg. days 10.3 (Unusually low because of In’tl Travel issues)
      • 2018 Avg. was 4.42 days
    • Orgasms = 58
      • 2019 Total 54
        ( Interesting that being unlocked more didn’t result in more orgasms. )
      • 2018 Total was 56
    • Average orgasms per month = 4.83
      • 2019 Avg. 4.5
      • 2018 Avg. was 4.67
    • Ruined Orgasms (Annual total) = 7
      • 2019 a whopping 1
      • 2018 was 3
    • E-stim or other solo play, locked or unlocked, w/ and w/o orgasm, total = 70
      [Orgasms are not recorded here]
      • 2019 Self-Play was 21 times
      • 2018 was 58
      See my Journal Entry about locking up the e-stim box to
      prevent me from having too much fun!
      OOPS apparently the lock broke in 2020.
    • Taken to at least one edge and denied an orgasm and relocked = 5
      • 2019 total times teased and denied = 8
      • 2018 total was 10
    • Teased, and Pleased while in bondage = 9 (Yeah more bondage!)
      • 2019 tied up = 6
      • 2018 tied up = 7
      STANDARD BONDAGE ARRANGEMENT:
      Wrist and ankle cuffs, gagged, bondage helmet,
      earplugs, prostate stimulator in place,
      very tight cock ring, spread-eagle to bed.
      Sometimes I get to cum under these circumstances
      and sometimes I don't.
    • Self-Milked via anal play = 3
      • 2019 total = 2
      • 2018 total = 3
    2020 HIGH & LOW RECORDS

• Most locked days in one month: 31, with a total of 18hrs unlocked all month.
      • April 2019 —> 30 days locked, (37hrs out)
      • March 2018 --> 31 days locked (4hrs out)
    • Least locked days in one month: 21 days
      • Nov. 2019 —> 1 day locked, 29 days out during international travel.
      • August 2018 --> 19 days locked and 12 out.
      • Second fewest days locked in one month: Oct. 2019 —> 13
        ( Also due to International travel. )
    • Most orgasms in one month: April 2020 → 8
      • August 2019 —> 8
      • July 2018 —> 8
    • Fewest orgasms in one month: 3 each in, Feb, Mar., Jul., Sep. & Oct.
      • Nov. 2019 —> 2
      • June 2018 —> 3
    CONCLUSIONS
    *I didn't really keep a very good track of my orgasms before I started down the chastity road. But if I thought that I might be tempted to cum every time I opened up FetLife each night, which I am, and every time a monster hardon wakes me up in the morning, plus attending to my KH's needs, that would be well north of 300 times a year. Not sure I could manage that pace at my age, but I guess I would give it a try, if I hadn't already convinced my KH that she should keep me in chastity. Happy New Year, and remember:

"Be careful what you wish for."

and

"Here's locken at you, kid!"

ShieldingMatrix
    Jan. 2021

• *How I keep my records: I keep a specialized calendar by the bed, and I record each event in my own shorthand on the day that it happens. I total the months, and then the year. I'm not perfect at this, and you may find things that don't add up. That's ok, it's close enough. If you are in long term chastity, I suggest you try to keep an orgasm log like this. I think it helps to remind me of how dedicated I am to the cause of Chastity, and to track my achievements as well as to help me remember all those fabulous orgasms my Key Holder has allowed me--last week. But I swear that nothing can explain those days when you wake up feeling like you haven't cum in a year, no matter what it says in the calendar

21. Marcus_Fappington

Local Time:
    You have 2 wives? Baller.

22. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    spot on!

Lockedpeanut likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice