Cruelty and Control

Discussion in 'Female led relationships' started by Breathe, Jan 9, 2018.

Random Thread
  1. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    7:44 PM
    Thank you.

2. jemmi

jemmi To Serve is to breath, Tis Truly I

Quality
    San Diego, california
    Local Time:
    11:44 AM
    dilly diily Miss Joan

3. Mandynjack

Mandynjack Long term member

Local Time:
    Off topic for a sec. This may sound awfully sycophantic, thats not the intention; I find myself feeling quite excited with your interventions and I must say your pics truly inspire. I think my bi submissive side pops out occasionally to say 'hi'. And you avatar (i hope it's you?) has a dominant affect on me. There, just shown my vulnerability to everyone, but you are worth it.:kiss:

Rectrix likes this.
  4. Guy

Guy Master of a haven for congenial, kinky friends.

Semi-retired
    Near Tomar, central Portugal
    Local Time:
    I find I can only these things with people whom I respect.

I used to find cruelty; i.e. deliberately imposing humiliation, discomfort or paid, etc. very hard, even if clearly and explicitly asked-for; it seemed disrespectful.

Then I communicated at length with someone who wanted me to be cruel to her, in what ways, how and why. Then she spent several weeks in my service.

In the subsequent discussion she asked me why I'd done X, Y and Z to her.

My reply was, "I really have no idea, beyond that I wanted to, and knew I could!"

The response was a beaming smile. She later reported that from that remark and the experience with me, she felt her feet hadn't touched the floor for weeks.

I gather that if I'd been cruel to her, 'because I knew that she wanted it', that would have been 'wrong' to her, like a dominatrix servicing a paying client.

But if it was something I just wanted to do, without even considering her feelings, then that was exactly the situation that she desired. Zero control.

It seems to me that to her, the cruelty was a powerful way of demonstrating that she had completely surrendered control to me.

I am still not sure whether I completely understand it, but I do now enjoy it!

Breathe likes this.
  5. Beck

Beck Banned

Local Time:
    1:44 PM
    @Breathe - I really like your style.

I think cruelty and control are mostly independent of each other as they pertain to sexual interactions. As noted, a lot of it depends upon defenitions of each, personal preferences, etc. There are two factors in my mind that determine how some of that interpretation might be made, namely consent and communication. A variable however is the current mood of participants, which really throws a wrench in the gears, because it can be unpredictable and skew those definitions even day to day. Perhaps my world is rather manic, making things seem more unpredictable.

Breathe likes this.
  6. Ilikebond

Ilikebond Long term member

Local Time:
    I want my wife to be strict, not cruel.

Rectrix, Penney and Breathe like this.
  7. latexbound

latexbound Locked

Wales, UK
    Local Time:
    I don't believe there has to be cruelty associated with control. Cruelty with control is part of a dynamic between two people, whereas I think cruelty without control is plain... well... cruelty :)

Breathe likes this.
  8. Jasmic68

Jasmic68 Long term member

Early retirement
    UK Midlands
    Local Time:
    12:29 AM
    I don't think I am saying anything that others haven't already said, but in my opinion cruelty depends on intent and on reception, so context is everything. If someone is doing something with the intent to hurt, whether that is physically or mentally, and the subject isn't enjoying it, then it is cruel. If the subject is actively getting off on the treatment, then it isn't cruel. It might be harsh, it might look cruel, it might take someone to the edge of their comfort zone, but the end result is enjoyment.

If Elle, my Wife thought that she was being cruel then our chastity based relationship would come to an end and we would return to how things were before. When we started it was her worry about cruelty that held her back. She felt that she was being cruel denying me orgasms, so my average denial period was about two weeks. The fact that my current average is between two to three months, and I have had a period of four months and another of five months between orgasms, you can see she no longer has any problem with feeling cruel.

If one of our vanilla friends found out she had not allowed me to have an orgasm for five months I can easily guess that they would tell her she is being cruel. But they wouldn't understand that in the last five years, despite my relative lack of orgasms, I have easily had more powerful sexual experiences than at any other time in my life. If I made a list of my top ten sexual experiences I would guess nine of them have happened in the last two years.

To cap it all this chastity thing has brought Elle and I closer together than we already were. I realise that I am hugely lucky to have her as my Wife, Mistress and Keyholder, cruelty plays no part in what we do.

Rectrix and Breathe like this.
  9. Breathe

Breathe Be true to yourself

United States
    Local Time:
    12:44 PM
    I suppose stranger things have happened, mandy. I think most people are multifaceted though, so I wouldn't say I'm surprised. Embrace all sides, I say! Everyone's different, and as you've said... that's a good thing.

Glad you enjoy My pictures and posts. Yes, that's Me in the photo.

Great perspective. You'd be working to fulfill her desires without sating (and possibly even ignoring) your own, and if you're not getting paid for that... why do it? Sex shouldn't feel like unpaid labor, for either side. :)

Thanks, @beck. I enjoy yours, as well. Moods have fascinating effects, indeed. I've found that embracing the chaos for what it is, rather than trying to contain it at the time, often works best. 'Brace yourself,' is some of the best advice I've ever been given, context disregarded. Reactions are your own to control in any situation... even if the situation itself is completely out of your hands.

Lots of progress can be made in the eye of a storm.

Great to be with you as well, @Allen1987. Seems we have similar opinions on this matter - and many others.

To address the 'beaten' beat, I can say that some of us (Myself included) sometimes need to be nudged... or pushed... or dragged... across the barrier of honesty and true transparency. No matter how ugly or lovely the truth is, facing it shows courage and strength and often promotes progress. Those traits and efforts should be embraced, not disparaged. Submissive or not, sexual or not, accepting yourself is the crux of true fulfillment in My opinion.

I'd wager that belittling personal potential and/or acceptance, for others or yourself, is likely the cruelest thing one can do.

Your post gave Me a smile throughout as you described the progression of your relationship in chastity... as well as your definitions at the start. Your thoughts echo the great points made by members here concerning the easy misconceptions one can surmise about the links between 'cruelty', consent, and chastity/denial.

Vanilla is certainly not a bad state of mind. When a partner is coaxed or educated by you in the right way, instead of 'only' being presented with kinky control/obedience as something to be fearful, alarming, or brutal... it might turn the KH's gears in ways even you don't anticipate (something many locked ones here can confirm!). I imagine it could open up what I can only describe as a fully-stocked, private, bottomless DIY sundae bar - filled with any and every topping your heart desires - your bowl limited only by your creativity.

As I mentioned, that goes for either side of the lock. Overall, I've mostly eased My pet into the places he'd never gone... and while we still have much to learn, his service to Me has improved exponentially. The deep subspace I've watched him slide into (and the resulting pleasures I've felt) confirm this. The most exciting part is, we're now exploring uncharted territory. :)

I'm convinced that journey only truly began when I helped him banish the 'undeniable' links between cruelty, shame, and sex he'd accepted and perpetuated in his life... since revising those concepts, we've only been stronger and happier.

Rectrix and El Guapo like this.
  10. Mandynjack

Mandynjack Long term member

Local Time:
    Now I'm blushing like a teenager and thank you for responding. :)

El Guapo likes this.
  11. El Guapo

El Guapo Ladies First.

Estados Unidos
    Local Time:
    THIS THREAD IS AMAZING.

Soooooo much here that it will keep me re-reading it for a long time.
    I normally have so much to say - haha - but at the moment my brain has been reduced to simplicity.

For now, long story short:
    Cruelty, Control & Beauty are all in the eye of the beholder.

Breathe likes this.
  12. Femcontrol5

Femcontrol5 Learning and loving it

Local Time:
    2:44 PM
    Simply put, I believe the keyholder should be able to make all decisions regarding the sub. That being said, she should be allowed to be as cruel as she pleases. Cruelty can be a valuable asset to help control subs.

Mandynjack and El Guapo like this.
  13. El Guapo

El Guapo Ladies First.

Estados Unidos
    Local Time:
    r: 55935"]I believe the keyholder should be able to make all decisions regarding the sub. That being said, she should be allowed to be as cruel as she pleases. Cruelty can be a valuable asset to help control subs.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.
    In the [United States] Criminal Justice System penalties might be perceived as cruel - and to be sure, sometimes they are - that was the whole point of the Eight Amendment (protection against Cruel & Unusual Punishment). Odd sideline, I know ... how it relate to controlling crime.

Point being ...
    Punishments are often necessary in order to Control - and the Cruelty of those Punishments are open for interpretation. I would venture a guess that the 'Crueler' something might seem, the more effective it might be.

For me, when the Cruel outweighs whatever benefit I sought - I learn from that. An object lesson.
    I suppose that is a big part of this idea.

Breathe likes this.
  14. El Guapo

El Guapo Ladies First.

Estados Unidos
    Local Time:
    And who am I to judge myself to someone else desires ...

I love to teach by example & opposites.
    It brings me a smile when someone says "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

"Really now ... I am not so sure you want me to do that - let me tell you why".
    Hahahaha.

Its a match made in heaven if you want someone to be Cruel to you ... and they oblige.

Breathe and Mandynjack like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice