Covid-19 and Life

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by Hubby&Missy, Jan 30, 2021.

1. L-u-c-y

Staff Member Owner of Chastity Mansion Administrator Verified Female

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    5:24 AM
    The idea that only medics should comment on our response to the pandemic is a lie designed to prevent you from realising the profound legal, economic, moral and philosophical questions at stake.

2. McCage

McCage Member

Local Time:
    12:24 AM
    https://www.npr.org/sections/health...isinformation-trump-counties-covid-death-rate

Pro-Trump counties now have far higher COVID death rates. Misinformation is to blame

Since May 2021, people living in counties that voted heavily for Donald Trump during the last presidential election have been nearly three times as likely to die from COVID-19 as those who live in areas that went for now-President Biden. That's according to a new analysis by NPR that examines how political polarization and misinformation are driving a significant share of the deaths in the pandemic.

NPR looked at deaths per 100,000 people in roughly 3,000 counties across the U.S. from May 2021, the point at which vaccinations widely became available. People living in counties that went 60% or higher for Trump in November 2020 had 2.7 times the death rates of those that went for Biden. Counties with an even higher share of the vote for Trump saw higher COVID-19 mortality rates.

In October, the reddest tenth of the country saw death rates that were six times higher than the bluest tenth, according to Charles Gaba, an independent health care analyst who's been tracking partisanship trends during the pandemic and helped to review NPR's methodology. Those numbers have dropped slightly in recent weeks, Gaba says: "It's back down to around 5.5 times higher."

The trend was robust, even when controlling for age, which is the primary demographic risk of COVID-19 mortality. The data also reveal a major contributing factor to the death rate difference: The higher the vote share for Trump, the lower the vaccination rate.

The analysis only looked at the geographic location of COVID-19 deaths. The exact political views of each person taken by the disease remains unknowable. But the strength of the association, combined with polling information about vaccination, strongly suggests that Republicans are being disproportionately affected.

Recent polling data that show Republicans are now the largest group of unvaccinated individuals in the United States, more than any other single demographic group. Polling also shows that mistrust in official sources of information and exposure to misinformation, about both COVID-19 and the vaccines, run high among Republicans.

"An unvaccinated person is three times as likely to lean Republican as they are to lean Democrat," says Liz Hamel, vice president of public opinion and survey research at the Kaiser Family Foundation, a nonpartisan health policy think tank that tracks attitudes toward vaccination. Political affiliation is now the strongest indicator of whether someone is vaccinated, she says: "If I wanted to guess if somebody was vaccinated or not and I could only know one thing about them, I would probably ask what their party affiliation is."

It was not always this way. Earlier in the pandemic, many different groups expressed hesitancy toward getting vaccinated. African Americans, younger Americans and rural Americans all had significant portions of their demographic that resisted vaccination. But over time, the vaccination rates in those demographics have risen, while the rate of Republican vaccination against COVID-19 has flatlined at just 59%, according to the latest numbers from Kaiser.By comparison, 91% of Democrats are vaccinated.

Being unvaccinated increases the risk of death from COVID-19 dramatically, according to the CDC. The vast majority of deaths since May, around 150,000, have occurred among the unvaccinated, says Peter Hotez, dean for the National School of Tropical Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine.

While vaccine hesitancy exists in many different groups, Hotez suspects that the deaths are "overwhelmingly" concentrated in more politically conservative communities. "How does this make sense at any level?" he asks.

Deadly consequences
    The consequences for individuals are real. Mark Valentine still remembers when his brother called him to tell him he had contracted coronavirus. Valentine is a trial consultant in North Carolina. His brother Phil, 61, was a well-known conservative talk show host in Nashville, Tenn., who often expressed skepticism about vaccination.

Neither brother was vaccinated, and neither one was particularly worried about Phil's positive result. His brother said he was trying several alternative therapies commonly promoted in conservative circles. "He said, 'I've got the ivermectin, I started it this morning, and I don't think it's going to be a big deal,' " Mark Valentine recalls. "And frankly I didn't think about it anymore."

But a week later, Mark said he got a call from his brother's wife saying that the two were going to the hospital. "Before I knew it, he was in there and I couldn't get to him, couldn't talk to him," Valentine recalls. "His situation took a nosedive like you can't believe."

Phil Valentine died in August about five weeks after he announced he had tested positive for COVID-19.

Misinformation appears to be a major factor in the lagging vaccination rates. The Kaiser Family Foundation's polling shows Republicans are far more likely to believe false statements about COVID-19 and vaccines. A full 94% of Republicans think one or more false statements about COVID-19 and vaccines might be true, and 46% believe four or more statements might be true. By contrast, only 14% of Democrats believe four or more false statements about the disease.

Belief in multiple false statements highly correlates with vaccination status, Hamel says. "If you believe that the vaccines can damage your fertility, that they contain a microchip and that the government is inflating the number of COVID-19 deaths, you're going to think really differently about whether to get vaccinated."

Disinformation breeds complacency
    Perhaps the most pernicious pieces of misinformation have to do with the perceived severity of COVID-19 itself. The most widely believed false statement was: "The government is exaggerating the number of COVID-19 deaths."

Hamel says that underestimating the severity of COVID-19 appears to be a major reason why Republicans in particular have fallen behind in vaccination: "We've seen lower levels of personal worry among Republicans who remain unvaccinated," she says. "That's a real contrast with what we saw in communities of color, where there was a high level of worry about getting sick."

Complacency around the risks of contracting COVID-19 certainly seemed to be a major reason why the Valentine brothers avoided vaccination. While not conspiracy theorists, they were staunch Trump supporters. The arrival of coronavirus just ahead of the presidential election of 2020 seemed like "the most fortuitous pandemic in the history of the world" for the Democratic Party, recalls Mark.

Despite the media coverage, Phil Valentine didn't believe COVID-19 was serious as long as you were healthy: "He said, 'The likelihood of me getting it is low. In the unlikely event that I do get it, the likelihood that I will survive it is 99-plus %,' " Mark Valentine recalls.

Vaccine researcher Peter Hotez is deeply troubled by the current state of affairs. A winter surge in COVID-19 cases is brewing, and the newly discovered omicron variant has the potential to make things far worse.

He thinks the elements of the Republican Party that are endorsing anti-vaccine ideas need to take a big step back. "I'm not trying to change Republican thinking or far-right thinking," he says. "I'm trying to say: 'The anti-science doesn't belong; it doesn't fit. ... Just stop it and save lives.' ''

Before his illness, Phil Valentine had sometimes promoted unproven alternative therapies and taken a mocking tone toward vaccination. As his situation deteriorated, Mark says the talk show host realized he needed to encourage his listeners to get vaccinated. Phil told his brother, "'My fear is that because I didn't get it, other folks may not get it," Mark Valentine recalls. The family put out a statement in support of vaccination, and Mark went on to his brother's talk show to encourage listeners to take the shot.

He also headed to his local Walmart to get vaccinated. "The guy comes out; he said, 'Do you have any questions or concerns?' " Mark Valentine recalls. "I said, 'Hell yeah, I've got both, but do it anyway.' "

Her Dividend likes this.
  3. Seb Boney

Seb Boney Active member

Local Time:
    11:24 AM
    Yep, this insanity is coming to every country soon. It doesn't work, so take more of it...UK is starting to talk about 3 month "boosters", that's 4 covid shots a year to keep your QR code green!

Instead of admitting they don't work they will just blame "breakthrough cases" on not enough boosters or new "variants" and the scared masses will line up in the cold for their "protection"

Dianna1395, RoyMunson and Lazlo Toth like this.
  4. Seb Boney

Seb Boney Active member

Local Time:
    Yes, i absolutely agree, and then there are those cases when medics speak out against the response of this pandemic, then suddenly we are also not to listen to these particular medics, but listen to what some bureaucrats tell us instead.

Like when they say that "experts" debunked Dr Marik and Dr Kory's stance on Ivermectin effectiveness. Dr Marik and Dr Kory are the top of the line experts. The same with Dr Peter McCullough, he is the top of the line expert, these guys are some of the most published medical researchers in the field, yet because they do not follow the narrative they are painted as if they are not some of the leading field researchers.

5. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    This is going to be looked back on with such ridicule in the future. 2020, the year the population of the world went mad.

6. Seb Boney

Seb Boney Active member

Local Time:
    That is some nasty propaganda.
    What they have been trying to do in the US, is somehow blame Trump or Republicans for poor vaccine uptake, and politicize the issue. By doing so, they get excellent uptake with democrats, since they shun the Trump association and will go through great lengths to distance themselves as far as possible.
    So what did Trump do?
    - It was his administration that started operation warp speed, in a way these are Trump vaccines (and that is nothing to be proud off, but he is still bragging about it)
    - Trump got Covid (or so he said) recovered and then still took the vaccine in public
    - Trump tells people at rallies to get vaccinated (which lead to boos from the crowd)

I remember Biden and Harris both saying they wouldn't get the vaccine back when Trump was in charge.

This anti science claim is big fat lie, the anti science part here is articles like this. It is the pot calling the kettle black.

7. Fit To Be Tied

Fit To Be Tied Long term member

Retired
    Whidbey Island, Washington
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    9:24 PM
    Lazlo Toth likes this.
  8. Fit To Be Tied

Retired
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    NPR is as bad ... or worse than ... America’s “Toilet Paper of Record” - The New York Slimes.

As I think about it ... NPR is probably worse because it is TAXPAYER FUNDED!

RoyMunson and Lazlo Toth like this.
  9. R2002

R2002 Long term member

Attorney
    USA
    Local Time:
    According to Wikipedia, NPR receives 2% of its funding from government grants.

10. R2002

R2002 Long term member

Attorney
    USA
    Local Time:
    A little more research indicatef 10% of funding from federal, state, and local govt. But that's still a very low percentage.

11. R2002

R2002 Long term member

Attorney
    USA
    Local Time:
    I will probably regret posting to this thread.

12. Her Dividend

Her Dividend Junior Member

Local Time:
    @mcage

“Misinformation appears to be a major factor in the lagging vaccination rates.”

This movement could simply be labeled trust the dark corners of the Internet and not your own doctor.

The other thing about this movement, is that it has nothing to offer, and it has illogical objectives. Anti-VAXXERs want their freedoms back, but at the same time they don’t want to get vaccinated.

They complain about people bedwetting over Covid, but logic says it’s more stupid to bedwet over the vaccine.

Anti vaxxers have neither logic or science on their side. What’s puzzling is why they are so locked into their dumb position, but locked in they are. It’s a modern flat Earth Society.

I wanted my freedoms back so I got vaccinated. I don’t want my daughter to have to wear a mask at school, so she got vaccinated.

13. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    My sisters doctor told her she is fit and healthy and doesn't need the jab.

I very rarely have need to visit a doctor, so I wouldn't know what mine would say. I don't even know who my doctor is.

We seem to be breeding more hypochondriacs.

14. Lazlo Toth

Lazlo Toth C/D on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale: 9/9

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    This is odd. The counties are not named. The ENTIRE POINT of the article is not substantiated and instead drifts off into other irrelevant points.

I suppose if this were true, wouldn't the democrats (and world-wide leftists) happily allow we conservatives to remain unvaccinated? Their competition would be dead!

Nice try NPR. Maybe the latte lap dogs in Berkeley might swallow this, but the thinkers won't.

RoyMunson likes this.
  15. Lazlo Toth

Lazlo Toth C/D on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale: 9/9

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    R2002,

I appreciate you taking a look at the posted figures for "funding" by NPR. Keep in mind that NPR sort of also stands for Non Profit Radio. They are indeed a non-profit. This means they do not pay the approx 24% Federal corp tax nor the 10% (in many states, like California) tax. Add together the the 24, 10 and the "funded" 10% and you have nearly a 50% subsidy. Which is absolutely HUGE!

They would unequivocally cease to exist without government subsidy.

Compare the delta of a for-profit radio station and the non-profit. One has to PAY nearly 50% more and the other gets to keep 50% more. That delta between the two is giant.

I got to hand it to NPR, their propaganda....I mean news....is slick. The soft voice filters.....the "All things considered" title......effective. The Chinese Communist Party could learn from them.

RoyMunson likes this.
  16. SubSnuggler

SubSnuggler Owned by Mistress2and4you

USA
    Local Time:
    11:24 PM
    All across the country deaths due to other causes were listed as COVID deaths. People crashed their motorcycle and died of COVID. People with terminal lung cancer died of COVID. People died in car crashes due to COVID. There were quite literally thousands of cases of this. And to say that the most widely believed false statement was: "The government is exaggerating the number of COVID-19 deaths." !?! WTF

Lazlo Toth, L-u-c-y and RoyMunson like this.
  17. Fit To Be Tied

Retired
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Pssst ... Want A Cheap Easy To Get Alternative To Ivermectin?
    And ... no I’m not talking about the horse paste from the farm supply store.

Well the genius doctors at FLCCC have come up with something you can take as a prophylaxis if you can’t get Ivermectin or while you are waiting for your stash of the real stuff to arrive from India. It is .....

Nigella Sativa, aka, Black Cumin Seed. Basically they recommend 40mg per kg of body weight. See:

https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-...LCCC-Alliance-I-MASKplus-Protocol-ENGLISH.pdf

AND .... they’ve even come up with a daily smoothie recipe for it:

https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-...CC-Antiviral-Smoothie-Bomb-Infographic.p3.pdf

Apparently it has super anti-inflammatory and anti-viral properties. (Confirmed In medical and scientific journal articles and studies.)

It is readily available both as raw seeds and as black seed oil.

Here’s more info:

https://onedaymd.aestheticsadvisor.com/2020/09/black-cumin-seed-oil-heres-what-you.html

https://www.rxlist.com/black_seed/supplements.htm

18. Fit To Be Tied

Retired
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Nutty NYC Will Require Full Vaccination To Access Restaurants, Gyms And Entertainment; 5-Year-Olds Need At Least One Shot
    870BA2C3-1916-45B5-9987-A44A7903BA81.jpeg
    Hardly coming as a surprise in a world where the unvaccinated are now treated as subhuman scum, this morning New York City announced it will require residents to be fully vaccinated to access indoor dining, entertainment and fitness - a stricter rule than the current requirement for people to have received at least one dose. And yes, the new rule also means that kids age 5-11 will also be required to have at least one shot to enter restaurants, according to out-going Mayor, Comrade Bolshevik Bill de Blasio. The new rule goes into effect December 27th. (We’ll see if his replacement, Eric Adams, continues the insanity when he takes office on Jan 1st.)

However, before making one of his last dictatorial proclamations, Bolshevik Bill should probably have checked out Belgium, which is over a month into its new mask mandate and with 87.4% of adults fully vaccinated, its cases just hit an all time high:
    8A96EC81-CA22-4C9D-9D16-EA2C792CD1EA.jpeg

See:
    https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/06/cov...mandate-for-all-private-sector-employers.html

Dianna1395 and Lazlo Toth like this.
  19. Suewiang

Suewiang Long term member

Maid
    England
    Local Time:
    I couldn’t tell you who my doctor is either for the same reasons I don’t get Sick easily and even if in need of something I prefer to stay away from medications as best I can.

definitely it seems more hypochondriacs that’s for sure

Dianna1395, Lazlo Toth and L-u-c-y like this.
  20. good2fun

good2fun Long term member

Local Time:
    6:24 AM
    "It seems that tolerance will soon reach such a level that the smart will be forbidden to think, so that they do not offend the feelings of the fools."

Dianna1395 likes this.
  21. Fit To Be Tied

Retired
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    A GLIMMER OF HOPE AND SANITY

Doctor Banned From Social Media For Questioning Efficacy of Masks Wins UK High Court Case
    Dr. Samuel White, MD, was slapped with and 18 month ban on using social media by the UK General Medical Council (GMC) after he posted a video to Instagram and Twitter in June questioning the efficacy of face coverings.

The doctor also expressed concerns about the safety of vaccines and the reliability of COVID tests.

White took his case against the GMC to the High Court on the basis of his freedom of expression “to engage in medical, scientific and political debate and discussion,” White’s barrister, Francis Hoar, told a hearing at the Royal Courts of Justice.

The High Court agreed with Dr. White stating the GMC violated the 1998 Human Rights Act.

The ruling concluded that the tribunal’s decision was “an error of law and a clear misdirection,” meaning the decision was “clearly wrong and cannot stand.”

Part of the plan: Silence anyone and everyone who doesn’t tow “the party line.”

See:

https://summit.news/2021/12/06/doctor-banned-for-questioning-efficacy-of-masks-wins-high-court-case/

Dianna1395 and Lazlo Toth like this.
  22. Seb Boney

Seb Boney Active member

Local Time:
    You wanted your freedoms back....so you got vaccinated. This sentence says it all really.

Something was taken from you, and then you were told that in order to get back what was taken from you, you must take this medicine under emergency use authorization with full clinical trials not set to be completed until 2023, it's long term effects are thus not yet known, and you probably had to sign a waiver of liability (i assume you had to sign some form of document indicating that you were aware of the above).

You decided to trust the side which took something from you, and offered it back (in reduced form!) if you complied with their demands. That same side censors , silences and fires, doctors, researchers, politicians, anyone who questions there solution to "the problem".

Since when are those the kind tactics employed by "the good guys"?

How much "freedom" did you really gain by risking your life?? And were you aware at that time that these "freedoms" will expire again once the booster is demanded, and then you and your daughter will come and roll up your sleeves again?

Does your daughter still not need to wear a mask? Or is your area also already telling vaccinated people to wear masks? There should never be a mask mandate period, vaccinated or unvaccinated should not have to wear a mask unless you are sick.

Trust your "own doctor" is not a good advice , "your own doctor" is not a scientist. Do you think that "your own doctor" has the time to critically review the trial results published? Or do you think that "your own doctor" follows the directions of the whatever country you are in, medical association? Don't expect your doctor to be some kind of superman who is being kept ultra busy and yet still finds time to be a critical thinker, especially considering that they will lose their medical license for going against the national medical association. Doctors are under even more coercion than the general public is.

There is no "anti vaxxer movement" from the "dark corners of the internet". The vast majority of these people take all their regular vaccines! If you don't eat blue cheese but you eat regular cheese, are you part of an "anti cheese movement from the dark corners of the internet"?

What there is a group of people, many of which are medical scientists, who are not hypnotized and have applied rational critical thinking and have established that the story we have been told is a fairytale, a fable. There are proven effective and safe medications for Covid, 65 successful trials for Ivermectin alone! but these we are not allowed to take in most places. The places where they do allow them? ---> Much less COVID issues!

On the other side, there is a vaccine pushed onto the masses, information of adverse affects is censored, competing remedies are censored, freedoms are removed until you comply, sometimes under gunpoint!! The vaccine works so good that it does not protect you from getting the disease it is supposed to protect against, the only claim made is that it supposedly lowers the risk of severe illness. A vague and not quantified claim at best.

The countries with the highest vaccination rates? MASSIVE COVID ISSUES, Excess death of ALL Causes, big increase in heart attacks and vascular disease! And that is just the start, we have not even gotten to the point where we are going to see the real long term effects.

For the sake of yourself and your family, wake up and do your own research. You can not unvaccinate yourself and we are just at the beginning of seeing the intense damage that is caused by this "vaccine".

23. Fit To Be Tied

Retired
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    *** THE GHOST OF IL DUCE RETURNS ***
    As

Italy Restricts Public Life For Unvaxxed with New Covid “Super Green Pass”

Italy imposed new restrictions on the unvaxxed amid concern over that vicious Omicron variant that only seems to be infecting fully vaccinated individuals.

Most public activities will be banned for people without a Covid “Super Green Pass.”

The Super Green Pass will be needed to enter theaters, sporting events, restaurants and bars until mid-January, according to Il Giornale.

Violators will be charged between 400 and 1,000 euros.

Il Giornale reports:

“From today, the super green pass comes into force, which allows access to indoor restaurants, cinemas and shows only to those who are vaccinated or have obtained green certification because they have recovered from Covid.

What is the difference between super green pass and green pass? The first is released after vaccination or recovering from Covid and lasts 9 months, the second with negative antigenic buffer and is valid for 48 hours or 72 in the case of the molecular.

How do i download the super green pass? Usual. You receive a text message with the authcode code to download the certification from the dgc.gov.it website or from the Immuni app after having taken the second (or third) dose or when the doctor delivers the certificate of recovery from Covid.
    (At least they appear to be recognizing natural immunity!)

Does anyone who already owns the green pass for vaccination or recovery need to download a new certification?

No, the Verification C19 App of the Ministry of Health will recognize its validity.

Do the new restrictions imposed by the decree apply to everyone?

No, children under 12 and exempt from the vaccination campaign are excluded.”
    (How thoughtful!)

5187109F-EF60-44F9-B9C3-D3B130572C90.jpeg
    See:
    https://www.ilgiornale.it/news/cron...ci-e-regole-spostarsi-anche-zona-1994091.html

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  24. Fit To Be Tied

Retired
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    ?? THE FUTURE ??

FC7D1BF5-FF83-4923-8BD1-B609B8F11490.jpeg

Lazlo Toth, Suewiang and L-u-c-y like this.
  25. Fit To Be Tied

Retired
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Report Shows Nearly 300 Athletes Worldwide Collapsed or Suffered Cardiac Arrests after Taking Chinese Coronavirus Vaccines This Year – Many Died
    Here is a chart showing the results of the current data:
    34278E41-E286-4C49-ABF2-15D99B9C3384.jpeg

The report begins:

“It is definitely not normal for young athletes to suffer from cardiac arrests or to die while playing their sport, but this year it is happening. All of these heart attacks and deaths come shortly after they got a COVID shot. While it is possible this can happen to people who did not get a COVID shot, the sheer numbers clearly point to the only obvious cause.”

The raw numbers: 291 Athlete Cardiac Arrests and/or Serious Health Issues, with 167 Dead, AFTER receiving a Chinese Coronavirus Jab. The report names the individual athletes.

Here is a non-exhaustive list of injuries reported. Most were cardiac arrest.

• Heart Attack or Cardiac Arrest
    • Blood Clots or Thrombosis
    • Stroke
    • Irregular Heartbeat
    • Arrythmia
    • Neuropathy
    • Death

“... Safe and Effective ...”
    As our woke New York Slimes quoting little friend would say.

See:
    https://goodsciencing.com/covid/71-athletes-suffer-cardiac-arrest-26-die-after-covid-shot/

Lazlo Toth and L-u-c-y like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice