Comparing MM measurements with HT or Shapeways?

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by Proud to be chaste, Nov 10, 2022.

1. Proud to be chaste

Proud to be chaste Active member

Local Time:
    3:15 AM
    We are looking to buy a Mature Metal device, and I have done all the measurements. But my length varies a lot, so much that it is difficult to just trust the "smaller is better"-mantra.

I have used Holy Trainer and Shapeways, so I know what size is best for me for those devices.

So my question is: Has anyone out there used both a MM device, and also shapeways and/or HT? If so, how does the length translate? (For example, if you used standard or small HT, what size is your MM device?) I am not looking for an exact translation (which would be impossible), just your personal experiences.

Also, I know double or tripple ring will work best for me. With shapeways, tripple ring has been by far the best. But will tripple get too heavy with a metal device (MM)? Does anyone have experience with tripple rings for MM?
    Thanks in advance!!

2. King Hippo

King Hippo Long term member

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    10:15 PM
    Here is some advice I can give you.

The extra metal rings aren't the weight you need to be concerned about since it is closer to your body. I know the MM creator "William" said he actually uses a triple ring. I would give him a call.

As far as the sizing goes, you need to understand that they are going to give you exactly what you order. Something to take into consideration about the HT models is the "gap size" which is almost non-existent on HT's.

Every Ring they use is 1/4 inch, you can choose a gap of 1/4, 3/8, or 1/2 inch, and the cage is exactly as long as you measure it to be. I have been using MM for a long time and I would recommend getting something on the smaller end due to metal being heavier. I have a single ring, with a 1/2'' gap, and a 1 1/2 inch cage, which is a total length of 2 1/4 inches... This leaves me pretty "compressed" but it makes wearing it a lot easier long term.

I hope this was helpful, but I recommend you call them yourself to talk. They have heard everything before, and they are the most knowledgeable about this topic.

Proud to be chaste likes this.
  3. Proud to be chaste

Proud to be chaste Active member

Local Time:
    3:15 AM
    Wow, thanks this was extremely helpful! Spot on! I don't live in the US, but talking to them would be great, if possible. Thanks a lot!!

4. King Hippo

King Hippo Long term member

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    10:15 PM
    Just call them, their contact info is on their website.

Proud to be chaste likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice