Community Thoughts on Tube Diameter

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by purple, Jun 5, 2018.

1. purple

purple New member

New England
    Local Time:
    11:10 PM
    Hi all, wanted to gauge the communities opinions on cage tube diameter. I've been measuring for a few months now in preparation of ordering a Red Chilli device, and feel comfortable with all of my dimmensions except one -- tube diameter.

As it stands, my "perfect fit" would be 32-33mm ID. Red Chilli appears to only offer 30mm or 35mm. As a test, I bought a bunch of 30mm rings to try out. They definitley fit, but are "snug" so to say. 32mm just sort of floats perfectly on the skin, while 30 has a bit of contact. 35mm feels huge -- my current cheap device has about 37mm ID and it feels cavernous.

Anyways, does anyone have experience going with a slightly tighter cage (diameter wise) and having any issues with it? Our sessions only usually last 1-4 weeks, so it's nothing too extreme. Just worried about aggitation / irritation etc.

My apologies if this has been answered before, did a bit of digging in the forums but couldnt find any exact answers. Thanks for any advice!

2. purple

purple New member

New England
    Local Time:
    Apologies, lots of typos I meant to address before hitting Post but appear to have lost the edit window :) please bear with my fat fingers.

3. boisub

boisub Inaccessible member

Northwest US
    Local Time:
    9:10 PM
    I don’t have that type of cage, but based on what you’re saying, I’d be inclined to go with 30mm on the general principle that a little snug is better.

Do you know for sure that Red Chili can’t do a custom 32mm size?

4. purple

purple New member

New England
    Local Time:
    Yeah, I reached out to them a little while ago but am still waiting for a response. Just planning what to do otherwise. I figure it might be a while since it seems like they have a summer vacation coming up and are probably swamped.

From everyone I've talked to so far though common opinion seems to generally err on the smaller side vs larger.

5. Astarte

Astarte Active member

natural sciences
    Germany
    Local Time:
    5:10 AM
    My husband had to get a snug fit, because getting half errect in somewhat wider cages hurt him like hell - and it works great (no irritations etc).
    However, he did get a device that is 1mm wider than his average measurements - don't know if it will work with an even smaller device....

6. skD

skD HausCuck

Executive
    Oregon, USA
    Local Time:
    8:10 PM
    I too am planning on submitting an order to Red Chili. I measure my internal tube diameter at 35mm. My HT Small has ID of 34mm, so will go with that. On RC's order form they ask for both
    Tube Entrance Large Ring Diameter (mm) & Head Cage Ring Diameter (mm)... could you go with 35 and 30mm respectively and make it match for you?

Are you going for circular or oval ring if I might ask?

HC

7. purple

purple New member

New England
    Local Time:
    Yeah, my thinking is the more "snug" it could be the more comfortable it will be for long term wear. The cage I currently have is a pain at night, which i believe is partially due to the extra room that my mass produced cage allows to grow more than it should.

Hm, I've toyed with the idea of doing 35 / 30 for entrance and head ring diammeter, but am still unsure if that would be a good or bad idea haha. I'm pretty consistent head-to-tail in terms of circumference. Still on the fence between oval + round base ring, I've read things in both directions preferring either/or.

I might end up getting two rings anyways for seasonal variation. One at a standard 45mm, and one a few mm down around 42-43. Combine order to save on shipping (I'm in the US), and might try one of them out oval to see how they work. I've only had round rings myself, and while never had a specific issue with them that can be attributed to their "roundness" I'm curious if an oval would help any minor irritaitons.

8. DonnaSue

DonnaSue Long term member

Retired
    Southeast US
    Local Time:
    10:10 PM
    In my experience, the smaller and tighter (both tube diameter and length) that you can squeeze into, the better. When I started out, like most males, my pride influenced me to buy the largest cage I could find (as if I could somehow strut around and show off to other males!), but I soon painfully discovered that the more room to grow that's inside the tube, the more painful those nasty erections are. After going thru several cheap knock-offs (just to experiment with smaller and smaller sizes, I now have a cage that's only about 2" long and 28cm in diameter. I have to use a lubricant to fit my clitty into it, but once its in place, I just never have an arousal problem anymore! Arousals are prevented at their start. My recommendation if the smaller and tighter, the better!

9. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    4:10 AM
    I do think that will be your best option. In fact, a brilliant idea.
    Snug is generally better except for one particular case: If you have a lot of foreskin, ie it folds over and potentially creates a sweat/dirt trap, then too tight a tube can make ventilation and cleaning more of a pain, and you can get pinching if your skin pokes through. The 35/30 combination for the tube sounds like an ideal solution, your head will be held firmly in one place, that's the important thing for preventing erections, yet your shaft won't be too firmly squeezed so avoiding skin pinching, soreness or any of the other minor irritating issues that happen, allowing a little bit of surface wriggle room which I would expect to be much more comfortable.

PS. another advantage of the larger ring will be that it will be closer in size to the base ring. Generally, the closer those two rings each side of the gap are in size, the less problems with fit, rotation and pinching of the scrotum.

(I've worn half a dozen devices, and have settled on a Red Chili one myself now.)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice