Cherry Keeper Ring Choices

Discussion in 'Chastity device reviews' started by Sum41Z10, Sep 13, 2021.

1. Sum41Z10

Sum41Z10 Member

Local Time:
    9:32 AM
    Hello all,

So I have been looking for a suitable cage for my needs. I am a grower (3.35 vs 5.5) but also have a few other... Issues? The knot that comes behind the devices when I get a boner. Often times the heads of the cages are too big and mine ends up reversing backwards (even in small cages).

Right now I use the CB6000s. It's well crafted, but still not the best for me for long term unfortunately. It is my 4th or 5th cage, and have struggled to find something that works for me, even with doing the measurements over and over again.

After doing a lot of research in these forums, I have landed on trying out the Cherry Keepers. I believe this one is the right size for me
    https://www.shapeways.com/product/F...age-short-headlock?optionId=70683900&li=shops

Not sure if the wide or regular is best for me. Maybe someone can weigh in.

My biggest question is about the rings. THERE ARE AO MANY! I'm pretty good with the size of ring I need (I think), but there are so many shapes. Can anyone help guide me?I'm trying to avoid buying ones over and over again until one works best I guess is what I am getting at. I suppose I could simply go for the standard circle and see how it is. Are there advantages to the other "non circle" ones?

2. Guy From RI

Guy From RI Member

Local Time:
    I'm with you - there area LOT of options with Cherry Keeper (a positive and a negative at the same time). Caged Lion at malechastityjournal.com did a nice review in 2019 and came out on the side of the oval ring. I'm looking at that right now and trying to decide between a tall oval and regular oval (degree of offset to cage changes which alters the ball gap) or just the oval ergonomic. Did you find any help on this?

3. Lazlo Toth

Lazlo Toth C/D on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale: 9/9

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    6:32 AM
    Guy,

Based on what you say, I'd go short cage and NO headlock. And try a tall oval ring that is ergo.

Guy From RI likes this.
  4. Guy From RI

Guy From RI Member

Local Time:
    Thanks for the input Lazlo. Based on Caged Lion's review I had been really thinking headlock. What's behind your recommendation of avoiding headlock? Bad experience?

5. SheMastersMyDomain

SheMastersMyDomain In continuous chastity since 1/1/19

Queen City, USA
    Local Time:
    Personally I would recommend avoiding the headlock for your first cherry keeper. I did that first and it didn’t work out. It’s a different experience and I think it’s better to have the standard experience first and then try a headlock. Others may think differently and I accept that. For me, the standard round ring was the best compromise for ball gap. And I like the wide version of the cage because there is more room to stuff the flacid skin within. It took me several iterations of standard versions to perfect my fit. And then, I worked with Josielynn to customize what I really wanted.

6. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Not a bad experience. I just think it creates another measurement challenge. With the headlock, the design is that ONLY your head goes past it. I like to shove the foreskin ahead as much as I can too. This sort of obviates the headlock for me.

Cherry Keepers, in my opinion, require a little bit of technique when compared to the CB series. I recommend keeping things simple for your first one. And err on the small side for the cage. And on the big side for the ring if going double. The measurements are accurate, it's just that the texture changes the game. Hard to explain.

But overall, I LOVE mine. Lightweight, strong, breath, easy to pee.

7. Guy From RI

Guy From RI Member

Local Time:
    Thanks so much for the input - I really appreciate it. I'm new to chastity, really new. There is so much to consider - it's akin to trying to buy a custom made suit without ever being face to face with the tailor. I was hoping to do a custom design with Josielynn after reading Caged Lion's review, but he's not doing custom designs currently. He's got so many designs (I think 0ver 400 individual CK parts in the store now) that I think he probably doesn't need to do a lot of custom designing, but in a perfect world he or another expert could walk a customer through the choices, but that's not a real world option here. The closest thing is getting help from experienced people like you, so thanks for being willing. If you have the time and interest, please see my thoughts below (questions in red to make it easy) and comment. If not, no worries and thanks again for the help.

Given your input and the affordability of CK parts, I think I might buy two cages right off the bat: a short standard type cage per your suggestion and, if I feel I can get a good handle on the geometry, a headlock. When I look at caged lion's pictures, my penis is pretty similar to his (circumcised, pretty symmetrical, etc.) so I might have good luck with it. That said, and to your point, the headlock is obviously a very different kind of approach and its feel might not suit me, so having the standard cage would give me options.

For rings, though you said your best fit and ball gap was a round ring, your first advice for me in another note was "a tall oval ring that is ergo." I'm thinking an oval single ring (before discovering CK I had planned on a MM Jailbird oval ring per advice from Mistress MM). The tall makes the angle steeper and, if I understand properly, the ball gap smaller. That appeals to me but there's a chance I won't love the gap. Good news of course is I can order another ring and I might need a double before all is said and done - I'm 58 years old and my scrotum is not high and tight. Any further advice on oval vs tall oval vs round?

One last question for you if you don't mind - Do you have advice re: finishes for CK? Which do you have and like? My default position was to order premium white, because Caged Lion's 2019 review said premium could only be done in white. A couple things:
    1. They now list the "Premium" finish in black or white, so maybe they expanded the offering after the 2019 review; I'd prefer black, so that's an option.
    2. They have started offering a "Smooth" finish that is achieved with a chemical "vapor" process. This is intriguing since I like the smooth stainless cage I'm wearing now. On Josielynn's twitter account, he notes in a late August tweet that he has just started testing the smooth finish and he hasn't updated, so I don't know how the testing has gone. Do you have any thoughts on that finish?

The next paragraph is off topic, so feel free to disregard (I think I'm just a bit over-excited to share my recent experiences).

Incidentally, until I learned about CK, my plan had been to get a MM Jailbird. I might eventually still do that, but I'm very intrigued by the light weight and metal-detector avoidance (and interchangeability of components) of the CK line. I travel for work and would like to be able to do so without having to carry a key since a big motivation for me trying out chastity is to give complete control of my orgasms to my wife and me having a key could easily lead to too much temptation to self pleasure in a hotel room on the road. I'm jumping slightly ahead since we are just now trying out long term chastity and I can't be sure this all works out. I'm currently locked in a ternence cage from Amazon which, in my research, seems to be fairly close to a jailbird without the custom fit (fortunately for me, the fit is pretty good - if you care to see, check out my only gallery post). I've done a few partial day lockups and am now locked and have been for about 48 hours. So far it's going very well - I'm very active and my big concern was whether I could do things in my cage and I've gone on a 15 mile bike ride, an hour walk with my dog, 45 minutes of lap swimming, and a yoga class and have had pretty much no trouble (one moment in yoga class where I got a pinch when laying flat on my stomach, but it was actually a nice reminder of my lock up).

If you got this far, thanks for listening! Cheers! Guy

8. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Hello Guy,

As far as the oval goes, I started round, tried the wide oval, and just for fun the tall oval. (all ergo) I simply found the tall oval more comfortable. But it's probably related to your own ergonomics. Josie Lynn herself goes with the tall oval. I have big balls (and a small cock) so ball slippage isn't something I worry about.

As for color: I'd stick with white for a number of reasons. The base plastic IS white, so colored cages will eventually fade or rub off. I began with pink but wished I had stuck to white the entire time. Plus white is the virgin color......chaste cocks aren't usually allowed intercourse.....so it's appropriate.

I find the regular texture a PLUS, so the couple of premium finishes I bought are actually less desirable for me. The "grip" of the texture is a feature--not a bug--in my opinion.

Single vs double: The single is less bulky. So for activities like walking and running, the single ring may be easier for you.

Hope that helps. Be sure to let us know what you

Guy From RI likes this.
  9. Sum41Z10

Sum41Z10 Member

Local Time:
    I ended up going with the small headlock, and the wide ring. Wish I'd known about the rubbing off of the color beforehand, but I'm sure I'm going to have to switch things out over time once I figure out what works best for me. After reading your comments I hope the headlock still works well for me. I'm a grower, and I end up turtling in cages so I think the headlock will be good to keep
    I ended up going with the small headlock, and the wide ring. Wish I'd known about the rubbing off of the color beforehand, but I'm sure I'm going to have to switch things out over time once I figure out what works best for me. After reading your comments I hope the headlock still works well for me. I'm a grower, and I end up turtling in cages so I think the headlock will be good to keep the head secure.

Guy From RI likes this.
  10. Guy From RI

Guy From RI Member

Local Time:
    I will share what I end up doing and then the results when I get my device(s) in this thread. Thanks again for the help. I'm still not sure about the finish, but based on your comments will go with white. I think I'll start with a single ring and try a double if the single seems indicated.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice