Cherry Keeper Review

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by beheld, Feb 23, 2019.

1. beheld

beheld Member

Local Time:
    1:54 PM
    I don't usually write reviews, but I regularly read them. They play a big part in my buying decisions. Recently I saw a short review of the Cherry Keeper. It was short, but it pointed me towards the cage and the price seemed great. After a little back and forth I decided to take a shot. This is my initial review.

I've been locked for the better part of 3 years. I've had a number of different cages. Everything from cheap Chinese knock-offs to custom made stainless. I've probably tried 25 different cages, so I have a fair range of devices to use for comparison.

I ended up purchasing "The Cherry Keeper "Headlock" Cage - Standard" with the "Medium" headlock. I selected the "blue processed versatile plastic." I bought the "The Cherry Keeper Circular Ring - 42mm" base ring in the same material. All total with shipping, I was right around $70.

Shape and Size
    I'm really impressed with the delivered device. When I was ordering, I couldn't really find any pictures of the device. Everything I looked at was just a rendering. I was worried the device may be a little flimsy or that the spacing between the bars would be too small. I can say those fears were completely unfounded. The cage is very solid. The spacing is open enough to make for easy cleaning but small enough to restrict access. The cage is also incredibly light. It is without question the lightest cage I've ever worn.

Beyond the basic appearance, the shape of the Cherry Keeper seems to be the most natural looking under my clothes. There are no odd bumps in the crotch of my pants. An outside viewer would never notice anything out of the norm. Even under my running shorts, it was completely hidden.

Materials
    This one is a bit interesting. I picked the blue standard material. The material is not smooth. The surface is rough, but not really sharp. I had expected to use a little sandpaper and smooth out any sharp points, but the blue color appears to only be on the final layer. As I started sanding, the blue started sanding off. I stopped sanding and decided to give it a shot with the surface as is.

I am actually pleasantly surprised. The rough surface doesn't really cause any discomfort. If anything, I think it causes the skin to stick to the cage less which results in less pinching. With metal cages, there is always the occasional pinching, but so far there has been zero pinching with the Cherry Keeper. I even did a 6-mile run this morning with no issue. I do think I'll have to be a little more thorough cleaning the device, but it's a fair trade for the comfort.

Fit & Comfort
    I am surprised at how well the headlock feature works. My flaccid length is really variable. Size ranges from a little under 2" to a little over 3". I've never found a cage that covers me for all ranges. It's either 2 small half the time or 2 large half the time. The cherry keep and the headlock have kept me filling the age all day. Every time I've checked, I've been touching the end of the cage. The lock is very solid so once the unit is snapped together, it feels like a single piece instead of 2 pieces held together. Since it is so light, it doesn't move or rotate and I don't spend any time adjusting.

Value
    In my opinion, the Cherry Keeper shines when it comes to value. I've only had it a short time, but so far it's the most comfortable cage I've worn. It easily beats my $200 cage that I've worn 23/7 for the last year. I'll update this page after a month or so, but right now I am super optimistic. My only real complaint is the color sanding off. I love that the device is available in so many options, but I would expect the color to carry through the material instead of just being an outer coat.

I would definitely recommend this product. I'm going to order another in the future with the large headlock just to see how it compares.

2. JosieLynn Jewell

JosieLynn Jewell Long term member

Michigan, USA
    Local Time:
    Hi beheld,

thank you for your purchase, and for sharing your experience with the device, I'm so glad it's been a positive one (mostly!).

Yes, that is an unfortunate issue with Shapeways coloring process. I've looked at other vendors, and Sculpteo offers a touch-resistant finish, which penetrates deeper, but their prices are significantly higher. That finish adds an extra $15 to the price for a Cherry Keeper Small Cage and an extra $14 to the price of a ring, and then it's only available in five colors (blue, red, orange, black, green) - it didn't make a ton of sense to go with them.

I'm not making excuses, and I want a better finish and a cheap price! I don't expect customers to have to do this themselves, but If you see white, don't think you have to live with that! As they are Nylon, the cage can be re-dyed if the color fades. There's an article right on their site about how to do it:

https://www.shapeways.com/blog/arch...ips-hand-dyeing-strong-flexible-plastics.html

Using the RIT dyemore product, you can create nearly any color you can imagine through mixing the dyes - they include the formulas for them right on their website:

https://www.ritdye.com/color-formulas/

Thank you again for posting a review - it was a nice surprise to wake up to this morning!

JosieLynn Jewell

KLUMZEE and G42G like this.
  3. sylvana chastity

sylvana chastity just Syl

Deutschland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    6:54 PM
    Wow - they ARE tiny! But need to add: simply loooove the name! :love::p

4. beheld

beheld Member

Local Time:
    The small color issue is very minor and doesn't change my experience. So far I would highly recommend you products. Thanks for making them available. I'm sure I'll be ordering again in the near future. I'm curious about the different size headlock and you have a few interesting add-ons.

5. beheld

beheld Member

Local Time:
    At first glance I was worried about the sizing. As I mention my flaccid size is really variable and I've had sizing issues in the past. In the past I have bought to small and ended up having to pay a modification fee to get one that would fit.

This time I bought the standard size and it fits quite well. If you look through all the options, there are also several different models .It looks like the various models would likely cover most sizes.

Flaccid I'm about 75mm long and and 35mm wide. With these measurements in pretty much fill up the standard size headlock. I do have to use the pantyhose trick to put it on, but I'm used to that as that's the case with almost every cage I've ever tried.

6. beheld

beheld Member

Local Time:
    I'm at a week locked in my cherry keep and just want to post a quick follow up. This has been the most comfortable device I've worn. It's still a short time, but the Cherry Keeper has done great in all aspects. I've had no rubbing during running and exercise. Almost no pinching of any kind. The device is super light so there's no additional weight.

The most surprising thing is it's ability to really squash erections. Normally I'll wake up from night time erections trying to force their way out of the cage. I haven't had this issue with the cherry keeper. Erections quickly dissipate instead of persisting to the point of discomfort. I'm not sure why. The measurements are pretty consistent with other devices I've worn. I speculate it's the headlock. I believe the smaller ring reduces flow to the head, so it can't expand and push the cage away from my body. This is speculation, but it makes sense to me.

G42G and Peter Rabbit like this.
  7. zebra

zebra Member

USA- California
    Local Time:
    10:54 AM
    Hello
    Joiselynn has been really good in adjustments and information
    at some point a grind off a big review - bottom line love the idea
    I also wearing a cherrykeeper -
    only issue rough but wet dry sandpaper hands it - I just over sanded the ring my bad
    bonus I started to have a ball pull through - mine balls change sizes a lot -
    I was able to get gap reduced by adjusting the connection on the ring more down by a few mm -
    Boom snug no so far been over 30 days since that adjustment
    I been wearing the cage since mid DEC 2018

8. beheld

beheld Member

Local Time:
    I was actually worried about the texture, but I actually like it. I've found the uneven surface causes my skin to stick to it less. That means less pinching and more freedom of movement. Even on the base ring. I was concerned it would rub. I run quite a bit 20+ miles a week, so rubbing is a big concern, but it has been fine. it doesn't seem to be any less comfortable than the stainless steel rings I was wearing. The real test will come once summer gets here, but I'm optimistic.

The only real concern at this point is cleanliness. The textured surface could give bacteria a place t live. So far it seems to do well. Cleaning is easier than with my other cages. I think I may buy a second one and rotate between them. Just once a week swap out and place the one I took off into a sonic cleaner. That should keep all the crevices germ free.

9. Bear20

Bear20 Long term member

Retired Military
    Indiana, USA
    Local Time:
    For the folks that have these I have some questions. On their site it mentions the lock is a standard chastity lock? Assuming the barrel type? Also does anyone have the wide oval ring compare to a standard oval ring, how is the fit compared to a circular ring? Thanks in advance

10. G42G

G42G Long term member

IT manager
    US, Suburbs of Philly, summers in the PA Poconos
    Local Time:
    Yes, barrel types.

I started with the circular ring but have since moved to the oval ring and like it the best. I also had JosieLynn make a custom headlock as even with largest standard headlock I was pulling out. Now I am very secure all day long and comfortable 24/7. I take it off and soak in in the sink in warm soapy water while I'm showering and then brush and dry it before putting back on and it stays clean.

I did have to wet sand the ring smooth to make mine comfortable with 400 and then 800 grit.

I also just bought the custom printed key blank which will look much nicer on the wife/KH than the standard key. Very nice. I'll post a picture of it once I have the key cut this weekend.

JosieLynn Jewell and Bear20 like this.
  11. DonnaSue

DonnaSue Long term member

Retired
    Southeast US
    Local Time:
    12:54 PM
    I am curious about how to determine ring size. I had an epididiectomy a long time ago. (Removal of the connector on which the testicle hangs) on one of my balls, so only the ball that's connected matters and therefore I pull out of most devices. I currently use a small, odd shape ring that I fashioned by wrapping the ring with dental floss to create a large "lump" on one side (painted with nail polish like a teenager does with a class ring), which serves to prevent pullout.

I notice the oval shaped rings available for the Cherry Keeper and that really appeals to me, but how do I guess which size to order?

Does anybody else have a similar problem? What's the answer?

12. G42G

G42G Long term member

IT manager
    Local Time:
    I had to order a couple sizes. I ended up ordering a custom size after trying both the large and XL that was a mix of both of them. Trial and error is still probably the best answer as it's all about personal fit.

13. JosieLynn Jewell

Michigan, USA
    Local Time:
    Go by your standard circular ring size. Each of the oval rings will have a comparable circular ring size listed - that's calculated simply by circumference. So, if a ring of a certain size fits comfortably, the comparable size oval ring should be about the same "tightness", but offer a smaller ball gap.

G42G likes this.
  14. Skywalker41918

Skywalker41918 Long term member

Work for a living
    Dallas, Texas
    Local Time:
    So i hsve seen the photos and read the reviews where can i order one

15. MT206

MT206 Long term member

Adelaide, South Australia, AU.
    Local Time:
    3:24 AM
    Here's a link to the Shapeways page.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/josielynn-s-body-jewellery

Select what you want, and go from there. There may be a drop down menu on the individual pages to enable you to optimise your selection of both the ring and the cage, depending on what you select.

16. Skywalker41918

Skywalker41918 Long term member

Work for a living
    Dallas, Texas
    Local Time:
    Where do i order the lock for the cherry keeper

17. JosieLynn Jewell

Michigan, USA
    Local Time:
  18. Bear20

Bear20 Long term member

Retired Military
    Indiana, USA
    Local Time:
    I love my Cherry Keeper, what is the best cleaning method please.

19. G42G

G42G Long term member

IT manager
    Local Time:
    Basic soap and water does well unless it's really stinky and then you'll have to soak it. I have multiple so that I can switch off while one is getting deep cleaned. I'm using denture cleaning tablets and letting it soak overnight. Comes out very clean.

JosieLynn Jewell likes this.
  20. Naljeans

Naljeans Active member

Local Time:
    I read the dyeing instructions, which include putting it in near-boiling water. Does that not affect the shape? I know how plastic can start to melt or get flexible but don’t know if the nylon cage has the same issue.

I’ll be posting a review after a few more days in the cage. I’m thoroughly impressed thus far though.

21. JosieLynn Jewell

Michigan, USA
    Local Time:
    Nylon's melting point is much higher than that of boiling water! It's 170-180° C, so boiling water shouldn't come close to that temperature. I've done the process quite a few times already and have had zero deformation.

Just don't put it in the Microwave... That will melt it and burn it quite quickly as Nylon is hygroscopic to the Nth degree...

Naljeans likes this.
  22. Slave2Steph

Slave2Steph Long term member

IT
    US
    Local Time:
    This product is too flimsy for me. It snapped with minimal pressure. :( I like most everything else about it though.

23. JosieLynn Jewell

Michigan, USA
    Local Time:
    Please get in touch with me (privately if you'd prefer). I've done significant testing, and would like to know where you've had a break and how. In my testing I've had to use pliers to cause damage.

24. Slave2Steph

Slave2Steph Long term member

IT
    US
    Local Time:
    It broke where the cage interfaces with the ring quite easily by pulling up on it.

25. JosieLynn Jewell

Michigan, USA
    Local Time:

I'd love even more detail as that is one of the strain tests I've performed numerous times, sometimes repeatedly to the same set of pieces. The only breaks were where I tried to break it by pulling way too hard. Do you still have the pieces by any chance?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice