Cheaper alternative to Looker 01?

Discussion in 'Steelworxx' started by Bobby, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Bobby

Bobby Junior Member

Local Time:
    8:15 AM
    Hello all,

Recently, I discovered the Looker 01 (https://steelworxx.de/The-Looker-01-111p.html?language=en), which appears to be a really great device. Some of the things I like, are the tube length (short), the length of the insert looks just right, and the bulb tip of the insert looks like it might be the best design.

My only problem is, $455 is a lot of cash to make a gamble on.

Does anyone know of a cheaper alternative?

Thanks

Bobby

2. pokekey

pokekey Long term member

United States, upper left part
    Local Time:
    There are similar Chinese made versions for $20 or so. I have a copy of the looker 02. It is great for $20 but no substitute for custom quality. Especially something that goes in your urethra.

The insert on mine was too big (filed and polished) plus has ridges (nothing to do about them). It is just not suitable for long term wear. I got it to test out the idea of a looker. More workable for me than I would have thought but I decided to go with a piercing instead.

3. Bobby

Bobby Junior Member

Local Time:
    Thanks for your insight. ;o)

4. pokekey

pokekey Long term member

United States, upper left part
    Local Time:
    Now that I'm at a keyboard I can add a little more. When I first saw the looker devices I thought it exciting to have an insert up my urethra and that it might provide security for a ball trap device. However, past attempts at inserting things into my urethra resulted in more stinging sensation than any enjoyment. I was not going to spend the money on something that may not work.

First I bought a sound and just experimented with insertion. With some training I found that I could insert a tube and it was comfortable.

This looks like the one I bought:
    http://www.dhgate.com/product/lates...tity/173966280.html#s3-19-1b;searl|3257650816

But it was more like $20. When I got it I was surprised by the quality. Most have very flimsy posts and locking mechanism. This one has a solid post and solid feel. I believe it is all stainless steel.

However, the insert is, well, look at those ridges. First problem was that the 10mm ball would not fit. I filed it down and polished it up so it would fit. I found the device surprisingly comfortable. I wore it for 12 hour periods with no problem at all. I never felt that it irritated my urethra.

But there were problems.
    • I was wary about having something up my urethra.
    • I was further wary about the quality of metal. When I filed the insert it did appear to be all the same metal. It has not shown signs of corrosion so probably a decent stainless steel. But is it really suitable for insertion?
    • To make it fit I filed down the ball. This left the end sharper than I would like for something that was going to be pressing at the same spot in my urethra. I would rather a nice smooth ball at the end.
    • The ridges. Why do they add those? I think it makes it unsuitable for long term wear. Last time I tried it I found a little pain and then some blood on the insert. Why this happened this one time when all previous uses had no problem I don't know. I don't like the ridges. I think they are added because they look intimidating and the manufacturer is not building for long term wear.
    • It is short for me. I liked this - for the short periods I wore it. My penis pressed against the shield and on removal I could see the imprint of the shield's holes. I was not sure about long term wear of such a small device.
    • Once I got good at putting it on I decided I could probably side it off and back on with out unlocking it. The insert did not make it more secure, for me.
    So general concern about an insert and no benefit of security and I decided this style was not for me.

fry21 likes this.
  5. Bobby

Bobby Junior Member

Local Time:
    All excellent information
    I'm surprised that you concluded that the insert did not add to the security...I would think that the insert would make it very difficult, if not to remove, certainly to put back on again.
    My current urethra device has a tapered shaft to be inserted but I was thinking a ball shape on the tip would be a better design. If nothing else, it seems to be more common.

6. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    3:15 PM
    the ball on the end is a better design for a couple of reasons...

firstly, if you sustain an accidental impact while wearing it, a ball is far less likely to puncture you internally than a narrower tube end.

Also it has an important function in both retaining the device, and preventing erections, so making it more comfortable to wear. Because the ball is at the base of your shaft, when you start to harden, the swelling prevents the ball from being expelled, so holding the device on, so containing and preventing the erection.
    Without the ball on the end of the tube, the device and tube would be pushed forwards, with the usual testicle pulling and pain from the attempted erection.

From hard experience, I would be very wary of any device that shows any sign of not being true medical grade stainless steel, and not wear an internal tube for any length of time unless it is proven to be. The cheap Chinese devices are often either chrome plated, or are made of base metals, (cheaper, softer, easier to manufacture) and have a risk of shedding whatever the coating is that is applied to make them look like stainless. Another precaution I would take is to ensure that the tube especially is cleaned and sterilised inside and out, as residues from the manufacturing and soldering can be left inside, what appears to be clean can release metals and chemicals after being wetted from urinating, those residues you really don't want deep inside your urethra.

fry21 likes this.
  7. Submissive_Michelle

Submissive_Michelle Good Sissies wear Skirts and high heels

House sissy
    LONDON
    Local Time:
    3:15 PM
    Yes I would agree with Bondinchas as when I got my Chinese copy with insert close examination showed residue inside the tube so I used pipe cleaners and sonic bath to degrease and then sterilised in hot water and bleach.
    Everytime I remove my cage a squirt a bleach solution down the tube and then flush out with clean water.
    You cannot be too clean inserting

8. padlocked

padlocked Active member

Local Time:
    10:15 AM
    This threads is a little aged, however I agree with the opinion of the looker 01 superb design and it's high price tag. Any update on alternatives? Thanks in advance.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice