Chastity cages and Christianity

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by Guest 3944, May 13, 2021.

Random Thread
  1. cj0434

cj0434 Active member

Local Time:
    2:38 PM
    I think we’ll be surprised who will be in heaven. The process is simple accept Jesus Christ into your heart and you receive the gift of Salvation and a peace that surpasses anything you’ve ever experienced. These guys very well have done this before their death. We do not know.

2. cj0434

cj0434 Active member

Local Time:
    Jay Sub, try an experiment. Tell God and Jesus that you’ll give your life to him if he’s real. Ask him to reveal to you the evidence needed. If you are sincere in time he will do exactly that

3. Jay Sub

Jay Sub Married with Cage

England - South-East
    Local Time:
    10:38 PM
    Been there, done the experiments, bought the T-shirt. I was sincere, and I am sincere now when I tell you that the evidence led me on another path to learn about the natural world and our place within it.

Why don't you try an experiment. Get you and a friend to pray for the end of malnutrition. According to the Bible it will be done.

Matthew 18:19
    Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.

4. Jay Sub

England - South-East
    Local Time:
    No they don't. They only have to repent. Not much work in that in my view.

5. cj0434

cj0434 Active member

Local Time:
    That could work. I’ll pray and ask a friend to pray with me. I’m sure he’ll answer. I’ll do the same for you. I’ll pray that Gods gets your attention again. Keep an eye out for God doing this. Let us know what happens!

6. Jay Sub

England - South-East
    Local Time:
    I hope you are right. I will watch the News for the UN announcement.

7. true42

true42 Owned member

Local Time:
    5:38 PM
    No. I would not condone any number of murders greater than zero, by any religion. Can I assume that you agree?

Obviously, there are some societies in which Islam is used as a convenient excuse for many types of ills. I do not excuse that in the slightest. Violence in the name of religion is horrifying, and people who preach that nonsense need to be held accountable for every deed done by every single one of their violent followers. Can I assume that you agree?

But that aside, I am encouraging you to not get swept up in the radicalization (e.g. extreme nationalism) that we see in many western countries today. I have friends and relatives who go on and on about Shariah law and beheadings in England, which is complete nonsense, as I can tell you first hand since I spend all sorts of time in those supposedly-police-free supposedly-Sharia-law zones. They go on about how people of color in the USA burned all of the cities to the ground because they're all thugs and rapists and druggies, but since I have a home in one of those supposedly burned down cities I'm always a bit surprised to see it not burned down. We need to stop the craziness.

There are real problems in the world that need good people to fix them; we don't need to make up problems that don't exist.

I'd like to avoid derailing this thread in a political direction.

Outside of one or two sports teams that I follow, I do not watch any TV. I work 60+ hours a week (usually 7 days a week), and that doesn't count going home and taking care of the housework.

8. true42

true42 Owned member

Local Time:
    I had written a much longer response, but I deleted 99% of it, because I didn't want to derail the thread.

If you are willing to look, you will find that there is still a great deal of evil being done in the name of Jesus today. I just don't know if that's what you want cluttering up this thread. Maybe I should have said nothing.

9. Design is me

Design is me Long term member

Local Time:
    I thought you said that you don't watch TV or pay attention to the news. Which is it? You seem to have gathered quite a bit of information on all of the evil done in the name of Jesus. Perhaps you could devote some of that time to leave the bubble that you seem to be in. ISLAM is easily manipulated to do evil. It is written in the Quran. Jesus's teachings are a about love and turning the other cheek. Anything can be warped to do evil. It just a fact that Islam is easily used to do evil.
    Do you really believe what you say? And you expect us to believe it too?
    Portland still has riots even now. Maybe you could go downtown to see it. No cities were burned to the ground, but millions of dollars worth of damage was done during those .peaceful demonstrations. I guess you missed that.
    You had your political rant and I had mine. Can we get back to the subject of the thread?

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  10. Lazlo Toth

Lazlo Toth C/D on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale: 9/9

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    You make good points True, but you avoided my question. You seem to apply the term “radical” equally to both Christianity and Islam. Do you? And I mean overall. Who is likely to blow up a group of people? The Christian or the Muslim?

Sorry man, serious stuff. I can’t play the “well, what about this?” game. I’ll answer your questions if you will directly answer mine.

11. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Oh c’mon! Cite some examples of evil being done “in the name of Jesus”. And for every one of those I’ll find you TWO of Muslim evil.

12. Jay Sub

England - South-East
    Local Time:
    A Muslim is more likely to be killed by a Muslim, and a Christian is more likely to be killed by a Christian.

13. littleguy3

littleguy3 Adoring husband

Bondservant to my wife
    USA - Virginia
    Local Time:
    Oh, please! That's true of every culture in the world and throughout recorded history. You can't name frequent, recent examples of purported Christians killing others in the name of Jesus because it's just not happening. Yet that straw argument comes up frequently and it's just not true.

I think you're too prideful to read a book like "The Case for Christ" or "Evidence that Demands a Verdict" because intellectually it would be too difficult to deny and reject the facts that support the story of Jesus and ultimately the Bible. I challenge you to pick one, read it and discuss it with me. And I am willing to do likewise with any book of your choice that presents a different view.

Lazlo Toth and Design is me like this.
  14. Jay Sub

England - South-East
    Local Time:
    Wasn't really thinking about it in that way. I just think there needs to be balance when it comes to what threats we perceive in the immediate world around us and from where. It wasn't a judgement of either. Had an appointment in London with my son been 24hrs earlier, we would have been on the bridge when a Muslim terrorist ran people down a few years ago. I'm obviously more wary depending on where I am, but I live in a quiet village, so what are the threats to me? Not many...There is a thief rogue type family along the road. I made friends. Best way forward is to know your neighbours, even if their not the type to ask to a bbq

15. Jay Sub

England - South-East
    Local Time:
    I'm happy to read anything to give me another perspective. But tell me what are the main streams of evidence presented?

16. cj0434

cj0434 Active member

Local Time:
    So I’ve started praying about this and asked my wife to do so as well. As I pray I realize that many people already pray for this and that in most cases God uses people to accomplish the answers to prayer. He may have used you to answer someone else’s prayer. God gives people thoughts and inventions. I have heard of many inventions coming in a dream in the night. I believe those can be from God. Back to world hunger… a guy (Bernard) and his budy figure out one day that you can feed a starving child for 80 cents a day. They had the idea to create an app so that people can pay for a child’s meal with just a tap (sharethemeal app). Already 400 million dollars have been gathered and distributed in food. This may all have started because God gave Bernhardt an idea. You can read about this here. https://www.forbes.com/sites/lawren...od-programme-and-gbbc-giving/?sh=722ceaba3ec2 Also his TED talk is really good too. See here:

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  17. Jay Sub

England - South-East
    Local Time:
    Except I don't think he claims God gave him the idea does he? So this is not reliable evidence.

18. littleguy3

Bondservant to my wife
    USA - Virginia
    Local Time:
    The Case for Christ is divided into 3 sections that look at the evidence from 3 angles: the record, the person, and the climactic events of his life. The author interviews a different expert on the various types of evidence presented. In examining the historical record found in the gospel accounts, he looks at the eyewitness evidence, documentary evidence, corroborating evidence, scientific/archaeological evidence and rebuttal evidence. In examining the person of Jesus, he looks at the evidence of his identity, his psychological makeup, his profile (did it match the identity he claimed), and his "fingerprint". In examining the accounts of his death and resurrection, he looks at the medical evidence, the evidence for the missing body, the evidence of his appearances, and circumstantial evidence. The author presents the material as if it was a case being presented in a courtroom before a jury. Much more could be written, and has been, in examining the various types of evidence. But he asks the question of the reader, is the collective whole enough to convince you he was real and was who he claimed to be? It's an interesting read.

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  19. littleguy3

Bondservant to my wife
    USA - Virginia
    Local Time:
    Btw, the author was a skeptic who was upset with his wife's conversion to Christianity and set out to demonstrate his wife's faith was based on fiction and falsehoods.

Evidence that Demands a Verdict is a deeper look at the same material and more. "The Case..." is more like the digestible story that would be presented to a jury in a courtroom. "Evidence..." is more like the in depth documentation written to support the lawyers case.

NM Lori and Lazlo Toth like this.
  20. Design is me

Design is me Long term member

Local Time:
    That's great that you think there should be a balance to what threats you perceive in the world, but it is just silly to think that there is equal chance that a Christian is going to kill you in the name of Jesus and a Muslim killing you in the name of Allah. Just silly. Can we put that to bed now?
    I think Jesus would be fine with a person wearing a chastity cage to be a better husband and person all around. Chastity is not forced on us. We all know that we voluntarily put and keep these cages on. For me it just reminds me to be better. I am actually a better driver when I wear the cage.

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  21. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Total nonsense!

A human is more likely to be killed by a human

A Chinese is more likely to be killed by a Chinese.

You are an intellectual coward who attempts to hide behind slippery rhetoric. You can’t condemn islam because you are a coward.

Either a coward or stupid if you attempt to equate Islam and Christianity.

22. Jay Sub

England - South-East
    Local Time:

I didn't say a Christian will kill you in the name of Jesus, that seems to be rare thankfully.

But crime, hate crime, racism, mass shootings are happening Christian against Christian. Look at Northern Ireland's checkered history.

23. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Arguably the best post in the history of this forum.

My carpentry skills skyrocket when caged.

Design is me likes this.
  24. Jay Sub

England - South-East
    Local Time:
    I am happy to condemn those followers of Islam that encourage intolerance and violence, and those who encourage by omission are cowards. I hide behind nothing. I will no more condemn you for your beliefs brother, than I will anyone else's unless that view is to support harming others.

Islam and Christianity have more in common than you have the capacity to realise. You are blinded to the truth of it, in a xenophobic narrow-minded view you likely picked up from your narrow-minded xenophobic friends and family. The self-rightous spewtum tinged with hatred that comes across from you and some of the other Christians in this discussion is shamefully un-christian. I pity you all.

25. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Again, your weasel words. How can you hurl an insult of something you don’t believe in? In your world one can’t be “un Christian”. Just like I can’t be “un tooth faerie”.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice